Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Darrell Bevell
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:26 am 
NET Veteran

Got to hand it to Bevell, he has really got the offense playing well. To think that most of us, myself included wanted him run out of town earlier this year. Quite a turnaround going from all the bubble screens to now the read option. He also played QB at Wisconsin which i didn't know.

Last edited by getnasty on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Darrell Bevell
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am 
* NET Starfish *

I'm gonna eat crow here. I got swept up in Pehawk's romantic notion of Bevell being out of his depth and needing to be canned so that we could promote Cable. I stand corrected. As has been pointed out and heavily touted by ENGLISH, Carroll - not Bevell - was the reason for the crappy conservative playcalling earlier in the season. Bevell has shown me that he knows how to use Wilson's strengths and has become extremely creative with this offense. We're a juggernaught now, and it's in large part due to Bevell's playcalling. Happy to eat crow here.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:31 am 
NET Veteran

Eh I don't understand what took him so long, except for the fact that RW is a rookie.

I know everyone says pre season means little but seeing the Seahawks put up 40 plus against the Chiefs was eye opening.

I had thoughts of what our offense could be and now it seems like its playing out.

Props to Bevell, for ignoring my ignorance of his genius.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am 
NET Veteran

I'll eat crow too.. still dont agree with all his playcalls but he's done a hell of a job with giving RW exactly what he can handle

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

It's not just Bevell. The execution has been near flawless. Players playing well make coaches look better.

Issues in the NFL are rarely single-source -- it's usually a combination of factors. The offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator take all the arrows because that's the easiest thing for most fans to focus on.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:46 am 
NET Rookie

NFSeahawks628 wrote:
Eh I don't understand what took him so long, except for the fact that RW is a rookie.

I know everyone says pre season means little but seeing the Seahawks put up 40 plus against the Chiefs was eye opening.

I had thoughts of what our offense could be and now it seems like its playing out.

Props to Bevell, for ignoring my ignorance of his genius.

I was reading .. I wish I had the link but they were saying, it had nothing to do with the play calling and everything to do with finally letting Russell be Russell.
As soon as they accepted who he was and what skill sets he brought to the table, the started devising plays what would work and everything just clicked from then.

Previously Bevell apparently tried to mold Russ into what they thought was their system, didn't work well and now, well you know.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am 
* Report Button *

I need to eat a little crow here. What we've seen the past 3 weeks is what I KNEW the offense could be. Seems like Pete needed to trust Bevell and Wilson before either could impose their will. So, yup, I was wrong. As usual.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am 
NET Veteran

Pstark3 wrote:
I'll eat crow too.. still dont agree with all his playcalls but he's done a hell of a job with giving RW exactly what he can handle

# of fan bases that agree with 100% of their team's called plays? Zero.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 am 
NET Veteran

This stuff takes time, there is a process in developing players. Fans just don't have the patience for the process to take it's course. These fans try to act intelligent by calling someone out.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:59 am 
NET Veteran

Seanhawk wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:

# of fan bases that agree with 100% of their team's called plays? Zero.

Well yeah but that doesnt explain his love for WR screens and handing the ball off to Leon on 3rd and 10

Other than that I love what i've seen

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I'm not sold yet, we still haven't consistanlty won on the road.
Once we can do that I will eat the whole friggin flock of crow.
I do admit things are so much better it's amazing.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:22 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I get the distinct impression Seattle kept a lot of stuff in reserve last night, just in case we see them again.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]