Think about all the QBs you wanted before we got RW

LawHawk

Reaction score
Here is a list of the quarterbacks I wanted us to draft before we got Wilson. Some of these I was skeptical about, but I know I would have been happy if we had drafted them. I'm including the ones we had a shot at but not the #1 overall guys that we never had a shot at.

Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Jimmy Clausen HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Ryan Tannehill
Brock Osweiler

I see one guy on that list that I think we would be really happy with (Kaepernick) and three guys we would probably be satisfied with but not doing backflips (Freeman, Dalton, Tannehill). As is, we got some superstar players (Okung, Thomas, Wagner) without ever SACRIFICING to get a GREAT QB.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Some people lost plenty of hair ... waiting for RW ... but, looks like they now have many years to get the hair growing back ... he he he

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Out of all those the only one I was mildly interested in was Kaepernick. While the Tjoke era was painful and I mean painful, it was worth it if it got us Wilson.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
LawHawk":uzvwqhul said:
Here is a list of the quarterbacks I wanted us to draft before we got Wilson. Some of these I was skeptical about, but I know I would have been happy if we had drafted them. I'm including the ones we had a shot at but not the #1 overall guys that we never had a shot at.

Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Jimmy Clausen HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Ryan Tannehill
Brock Osweiler

I see one guy on that list that I think we would be really happy with (Kaepernick) and three guys we would probably be satisfied with but not doing backflips (Freeman, Dalton, Tannehill). As is, we got some superstar players (Okung, Thomas, Wagner) without ever SACRIFICING to get a GREAT QB.

I've seen enough of those QBs in college to know that Kaep and Dalton would be pretty good and the rest would be long road development guys. I can't believe Clausen.....lol what a joke that was.

Maybe Sanchez will go to Oakland to be with the other bust USC quarterbacks.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1z970kfz said:
Out of all those the only one I was mildly interested in was Kaepernick. While the Tjoke era was painful and I mean painful, it was worth it if it got us Wilson.

You can change your sig now :th2thumbs:

nsport

Reaction score
Tannehill and Dalton were the only ones I felt worthy (other than the obvious 1st round choices!).

Lithium

Reaction score
can honestly say i didnt want to touch any of those qb's with a forty foot pole, besides the local Jake Locker.

Soppie

Reaction score
I still would have liked to see Mallett in Seattle. Very happy with what they found in Wilson, but of the guys on that list he may have the highest up side as either Brady's successor, or learning under Brady and becoming a free agent in the next few years.

Donk70

Reaction score
Probably the most annoying were the Locker homers.

two dog

Reaction score
It pains me to admit that I thought Mark Sanchez would be a very good NFL quarterback.
I thought he was a better choice at four than Aaron Curry, so I was wrong no matter how that came out.

Felt that both Dalton and Kaepernick were first round worthy at the place we picked.
Josh Freeman was the other guy I liked quite a lot.

Mallett looked like the worst of character risks but he has been quiet in New England.
I think Tannehill will always be "big show", no matter what he does on the field.

I Really enjoyed watching Locker from high school all the way through UW but didn't really want him to be a Seahawk.
Like Tebow, he might be a better running back than quarterback.

JKent82

Reaction score
Random assortment

Locker
Mallett
RGIII
Gabbert (oops, thought he'd be better than Cam)
TJ Yates
Chandler Harnish
Matt Flynn
Russell!
Nate Davis

And I know some of ya'll wanted some of that corn on the Kolb!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I was hoping for Manning but was stoked with the Flynn signing. Draft wise, was looking at either Couples or Foles (late). I'll take RW over all of them, with hindsight being 20/20. Phone ringing off the hook this morning with distant friends asking "what got into the Seahawks". ;)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Honestly?, We had a chance to take Kaepernick in that draft, and that's who I was pulling for back then.
Wilson wasn't even in that draft nor even on my radar,,Still cringed when SF took Kaepernick.
As much as I dislike Harbaugh, he was smart about changing away from Smith, but dumb about preparing the way for Kaepernick.

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: Wilson has turned out to be the STEAL of both those drafts combined. :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: