OK I'm convinced, this team CAN win the Super Bowl

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":c3l969so said:
Sarlacc83":c3l969so said:
We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.
I'm still concerned about the WRs ability to get open consistently. However, the SF secondary ain't chopped liver either.

I was referring more to the fact they are doing the dirty work and cleaning up. Tate and Rice and Baldwin may not be the *best* receiving crew in the NFL, but they bring their lunch pails and they are tough as nails.

Tical21

Reaction score
I still don't quite think we're "there" yet offensively. Maybe we're just so unconventional that it I'm having a hard time recognizing the greatness, but there isn't a lot of oil and rhythm to the madness. We've got a bunch of guys making plays time and time again, and we're very opportunistic, but I'd still like to see us make it look easy every once in a while.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3dhweqec said:
hawksfansinceday1":3dhweqec said:
Sarlacc83":3dhweqec said:
We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.
I'm still concerned about the WRs ability to get open consistently. However, the SF secondary ain't chopped liver either.

I was referring more to the fact they are doing the dirty work and cleaning up. Tate and Rice and Baldwin may not be the *best* receiving crew in the NFL, but they bring their lunch pails and they are tough as nails.
I get what you're saying. They are indeed VERY good at downfield run blocking. You see it on every longer run Beast and Turbinator make.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
kearly knows via preseason PM where I stand on this. I've been on the record since last March that we were Super Bowl contenders. And I have pictures of wagering tickets to show for it.

Sunday night was a coming out party.

It was a national public service announcement.

It is nice to see that collective consciousness has finally caught up to what some of us have believed to be true for some time now.

It is a wonderful time, Hawk brethren.

Will I

Reaction score
Tical21":1b8eabi3 said:
I still don't quite think we're "there" yet offensively. Maybe we're just so unconventional that it I'm having a hard time recognizing the greatness, but there isn't a lot of oil and rhythm to the madness. We've got a bunch of guys making plays time and time again, and we're very opportunistic, but I'd still like to see us make it look easy every once in a while.

Not every game can be 58-0. They just made a very good defense look very mediocre.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Those of you who are PAC 10/12 fans but not USC fans, this is how it felt when Pete Carroll was the head coach (and that's not to take anything away from all the other great USC teams--they simply were before my time). We always got better as the season went on. We only lost in November in Pete's last year. I think we only lost a couple of games in December and January all the time he was there. Anyone, anywhere, any time.

I've said it before--Pete isn't perfect. But he knows football and he knows how to make people believe in what they can do.

Sometimes it takes luck as well as skill to win. The ball won't always bounce our way. And the whole, "any given Sunday" thing is very true. But this team believes now. The Bears game showed them they could overcome adversity and do so on the road. It truly was the turning point.

At one time during Pete's first year at USC, the team pulled out a tough win after Kris Richard got an interception and they turned the game around. Pete told the team they didn't have to lose again, and after that, they rarely did for the better part of a decade. They believed.

This team believes, and it's a beautiful thing to see.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I said it before the game, and I'm saying it after.

We can steal any of these NFC teams lunch and eat it too, nothings too big for this team and especially for our QB, and if we have both Sherman and Browner back for the playoffs? broski's, I'm gonna do a back flip off my house.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
sutz":1r1qon7b said:
Jazzhawk":1r1qon7b said:
I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.
Your mouth to God's ears.

:th2thumbs:
+1001

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
In every playoff bound locker room in the NFL right now teams are watching game film on us and trying to figure out how to stop this juggernaut! And it is still picking up steam! Bring on ANYBODY!

Go Hawks!!!