Check out the grades from the Press Democrat (SF Newspaper)

LawHawk

Reaction score
Defense and Special Teams
Defensive line: F
Linebackers: F+
Secondary: F
Special teams: F

Offense
Offensive line: F
Running backs: F
Wide Receivers: F
Tight Ends: F

Quarterback
Kaepernick: F

I don't think this article is fair at all; they also deserve an F for team-building because they got beat by two players that Harbaugh should have pounced on in the draft.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Lots of cries from the "Smithers" for Alexs' return and finger-pointing in general. This team is beginning to fall apart. Merry Christmas!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Mario Manningham is done for the year (I haven't seen anything official-I just thought I saw a bone where it shouldn't be).

The Niners' ship is sinking, somewhat.

OP
OP
LawHawk

LawHawk

Reaction score
If I had more free time than I have, I would lurk the 49ers boards. Since last year I have been very curious what the conversation is like first with wanting CK over a good enough Smith, and now wanting good enough Smith back over occasionally great CK. I know if I were a 49ers fan I would still be behind CK.

chris98251

Reaction score
LawHawk":3e7f5n2b said:
If I had more free time than I have, I would lurk the 49ers boards. Since last year I have been very curious what the conversation is like first with wanting CK over a good enough Smith, and now wanting good enough Smith back over occasionally great CK. I know if I were a 49ers fan I would still be behind CK.

Well to make a short story of this Law,

We pump noise in the stadium

Harbaugh went away from his game plan and got out coached.

They are a dirty team.

We were short handed.

Kaep sucks.

We were HandiKaeped.

We were outplayed.

They got away with holding all night long.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Alex Smith gets blown out too. You could have Joe Montana out there and this game isn't close. I expect an awesome game in SF (if they can get through GB) for a chance to go to the SB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love the F+ for the linebackers, lol.

hawker84

Reaction score
not sure if the hit on manningham was clean or not, couldn't see him until he was diving into the picture.. but if it was intentional that was bush league , i don't like seeing that shit.. it's one thing to blast the hell out of someone like kam, but to go after knees and potentially end someones year or worse is low. hope it wasn't intentional, hope he was just trying to dive a wrap up his ankles.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawker84":3fac6ek6 said:
not sure if the hit on manningham was clean or not, couldn't see him until he was diving into the picture.. but if it was intentional that was bush league , i don't like seeing that shit.. it's one thing to blast the hell out of someone like kam, but to go after knees and potentially end someones year or worse is low. hope it wasn't intentional, hope he was just trying to dive a wrap up his ankles.

I just rewatched the play and nothing really pointed to intent to injure. He did go low while Manningham was being partially wrapped up, but he had to go either high or low and at least when you finish a tackle low you won't get called for hitting a defenseless player or whatever. That's where the rules and enforcement are making defensive players go anymore.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Leroy's last season, for sure. Not saying that he had bad intentions, but Maningham was already going down before Leroy came in low. How'd that song from PBS go "one of these things just doesn't belong here.."

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's not really true that he was going down without help. Jeremy Lane was upright and had a hold of him but was losing his grip. Not at all sure Manningham goes down there if Lane doesn't get help.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
The hit on Manningham seemed legit. The powers that be in the NFL are handicapping defenses on where they can hit ball carriers. It is an unfortunate part of the game when someone gets twisted around the knees and ankles.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Manningham looked like he was spinning out of the tackle. I doubt Hill had much time to think about anything other than getting Mario down.

grizrgood

Reaction score
Reaneypark":25myavfl said:
Manningham looked like he was spinning out of the tackle. I doubt Hill had much time to think about anything other than getting Mario down.

Completely agree! Just playing football!