Kam gets support for his hit from unlikely source

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Love that respect.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• Suh and Chancellor, brothers in rebellion as one the last Hardnosed players in the league.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Nice that Cam's getting some love from his future teammate.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The fact that Davis got a concussion from it is only going to make the rules tighter and tighter. Goodell was totally sitting in his office explaining to the wall that kams hit only proves he was right all along!
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Nice that Cam's getting some love from his future teammate.

Kam, dammit, Kam!!
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Nice that Cam's getting some love from his future teammate.

Kam, dammit, Kam!!

He should really learn how to spell his name right.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I had Niner fans in front of me and behind...they all said it was clean
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• that play was clean, a great hit, don't get me started on these powderpuff ticky tack calls.... and how does VD get a concussion from that hit.. not only was it not helmet to helmet, i looked at his head when he went down, and i didn't see his head hit the ground... can you get a concussion from whiplash?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:that play was clean, a great hit, don't get me started on these powderpuff ticky tack calls.... and how does VD get a concussion from that hit.. not only was it not helmet to helmet, i looked at his head when he went down, and i didn't see his head hit the ground... can you get a concussion from whiplash?

Absolutely. The result of the brain bouncing off the wall of the skull. There is no denying VD is a tough mofo. He was concussed or he would have returned.

Suh rallying for Kam is none to impressive. Few similarities in their style of play. I like Suh but he is in fact dirty. Kam's hit was clean and a better endorsement to that fact will be when VD himself says so publicly. His sissy-ass coach refused to do so, but that is to be expected from punk-ass like Harbaugh.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• That hit was a snot launcher, you know, the kind where you got bodily fluids just oozing from everywhere. It reminded me of that hit on Witten in the Cowboys game. Totally set the tone from a physical standpoint.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• Davis got concussed because he got leveled by a frikkin Mack truck. Either whiplash or his landing on the ground, but Kam never touched the helmet, not even secondary contact. Vernon simply got TRUCKED!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• My brother was sitting next to me, postulated "31 is knocking the S### out of people." I laughed and asked him has he been watching this team for the last couple of years?

Not a dirty hit but a damn hard hit, made me glad I don't play football.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Kam also had a pretty nice tackle not long after, on Delanie Walker I think it was. He is a machine.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Davis got concussed because he got leveled by a frikkin Mack truck. Either whiplash or his landing on the ground, but Kam never touched the helmet, not even secondary contact. Vernon simply got TRUCKED!

LOL...well Kam is Mack spelled backwards...I mean, kinda'. ;)
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Guys note that not one but two flags were thrown. Legal hit yes. Fine - shouldn't be. Will it continue to get flagged - unfortunately...
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:Guys note that not one but two flags were thrown. Legal hit yes. Fine - shouldn't be. Will it continue to get flagged - unfortunately...

Yup even Mike Pereiria tweeted that the hit was clean on replay but Refs are told to throw the flag every time if there is a question. We got one of those flags last week on a hit on Sidney.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• "but Refs are told to throw the flag every time if there is a question".

Ain't that a bitch? I'm not one of these guys that need to see blood and guts and QBs carted away, but FFS, it is football.

Edit: Let me add to that. OK, Goodell or the union, whoever, wants to see flags flying if a play is questionable. I can live with that. But review the frikin play. If it is decided the hit was clean, wave off the flag. There is starting to be too much stuff being reviewed, but better than getting it wrong.
    Last edited by HawkWow on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:that play was clean, a great hit, don't get me started on these powderpuff ticky tack calls.... and how does VD get a concussion from that hit.. not only was it not helmet to helmet, i looked at his head when he went down, and i didn't see his head hit the ground... can you get a concussion from whiplash?

it wasn't about right or wrong, ticky tacky or powder puff, it was about totally embarrassing the league and the mediots in chief, the refs HAD to do something for embarrassing the HOLY 49ers is embarrassing the league and all its experts!!!

but, as witnessed by the entire nation, the spirit of Kilimanjaro was having nothing to do with crooked zebras and saving face..

can you feel the power?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• That was a Rufus Porter, Ronnie Lott , Steve Atwater rolled in to one hit!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Davis got concussed because he got leveled by a frikkin Mack truck. Either whiplash or his landing on the ground, but Kam never touched the helmet, not even secondary contact. Vernon simply got TRUCKED!

LOL...well Kam is Mack spelled backwards...I mean, kinda'. ;)

genuine LOL. I did not even realize that. Too funny.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:"but Refs are told to throw the flag every time if there is a question".

after the flag on the late hit by the niners someone says, see that was a bogus flag that went Seattle's way. niners fan obviously...

I said no that was a good call, momentum was stopped and the whistle had blown..

so he goes on to repeat what Collinsworth had said about not being able to hear the whistle, as if anyone else knows what he did or did not hear.. :?

so I had to tell him thats player responsibility, because if not hearing the whistle was an excusable reason no one would ever hear a whistle..

I don't think he got it?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• FWIW, all 4 guys on the 49ers post game show on CSN Bay Area agreed it was clean as well.
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    osprey6
    NET Rookie

• It shouldn't matter whether he heard the whistle or not. The first defender had literally picked Doug up and was about to toss him to the ground. Doug was completely off the ground and in the hold of that defender. He was not going anywhere when the second defender decided to hit him. And Doug had no way of avoiding that second hit, which pretty much is the definition of defenseless receiver.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• JSeahawks wrote:Nice that Cam's getting some love from his future teammate.

Him and Larry Fitzgerald.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• "Klean Hit Kam"??
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information