Come on all you hawk fans revote in the 2005/2012 poll

Rainger

Reaction score
I know alot of us only want to live in the past. BUT come on, this team is the most dominate team we have ever had as a Hawk fan.

Yes the 2005 team got us to a SB and this team might not. But alot of things went right for that team and with 2 home games in the playoffs it helped get us to the SB but COME ON MAN this team is sooo much more dominate.

Time to re think your vote in the poll. How can you not think we have a more complete team now, than we have ever had???
I luv all the revisionist thinking on the 2005 team.

Dont get me wrong I loved that team but lets revisit the facts;

We only played 4 teams with a winning record and we lost to 2 of them.

We did well in the playoffs because the the trip to the SB went through Seattle but lets re examine the record of our games for all of you who have short memories:
Loss jacksonville 12.4
Win Atlanta 8.8
Win Arizona 5.11
Loss Washington 10.6
Win Rams 6.10
Win Houston 2.14
Win Dallas 9.7
Win Arizona 5.11
Win Rams 6.10
Win SF 4.12
Win Giants 11.5
Win Philly 6.10
Win SF 4.12
Win Titans 4.12
Loss GB 4.12
Now it was great to then get through to the playoffs to then go to the SB (with Home feild advantage) but COME ON MAN you dont really think the 2005 team has done what this team has do you????

The 2012 team is soooo far better on D and has played a way tougher schedule than 2005. The fact that we got to the SB in 2005 is not the issue. What team is better is the issue and the 2012 team is better. The compitition may prevent us from getting to the SB but this team is sooo much more rounded.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59871

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
you mean to say not one of you who voted for the 2005 team is willing to re think your vote after that performance tonight. Man I dont get it.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I gotta say this dominating win, after 2 blowouts against inferior opponents, sets the bar pretty damn high. I've never been this relaxed in a must-win game. The Hawks are legit and scary good.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It got a whole lot closer tonight. And I think this team has a whole lot more momentum and focus than 2005. But that 2005 team was a pretty awesome juggernaut. Still get the edge from me. At least until we put up a 60-burger on the Rams next week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The 2005 team was dominant in a different way than this one has been. I still think that was the best team in franchise history, but who knows.. in a few weeks this 2012 team can re-write ALL the history books.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The December version of this year's team is without question the best we've ever been. That can't be argued. Imagine if they actually let us hit players and play real defense. Lott and Easley both had to be shaking their heads at the Kam penalty. Just sickening.

Tical21

Reaction score
I still think if they lined the two teams up against each other and let them battle it out, the 2005 team would win more often than not. They were that good.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Tical21":3hfyonyc said:
I still think if they lined the two teams up against each other and let them battle it out, the 2005 team would win more often than not. They were that good.
We will agree to disagree they were so soft compared to this team. The D of the 2005 team could not come close to this team go look at the points given up by that team against a weaker schedule.

The O, which was good was not nearly as improvisational as this team. We had every thing fall into place in 2005 this team is just outright TAKING IT!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":10hfvxqy said:
Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!

1st in scoring
7th in scoring defense

13-3 record.. one Josh Brown missed FG and the team giving a crap away from being 15-1.

That team was downright great.

I will say, I haven't been this excited about a Seahawks team SINCE 2005 though.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":17zkz44p said:
rainger":17zkz44p said:
Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!

1st in scoring
7th in scoring defense

13-3 record.. one Josh Brown missed FG and the team giving a crap away from being 15-1.

That team was downright great.

I will say, I haven't been this excited about a Seahawks team SINCE 2005 though.
well we are 1st in D and 2nd in scoring differential and first overall in last 8 games. And a 13 and 3 record agains ta weak schedule. NFC was nothing in that day.

Please dont get me wrong I was soooo in love with that team. I still am. I still believe we were jobed by the refs we were the best team in the NFL. But I think this is a more complete team!

chris98251

Reaction score
The 2005 team was coached by Holmgren, he would not push that window once he got a team down it was run run run out the clock and play prevent defense.

Having said that this team is a blast to watch, but......

2 things, the 2005 team was the first team to go to the Superbowl, match that and maybe you have an arguement.

2nd thing the 2005 Hawks were the first team to go there, much like the 95 Mariners and 1979 Sonics, you have a fonder memory of the first dance with a hotty then the ones after.

el capitan

Reaction score
If this team goes to the Superbowl then I'll revote, but as exciting
as this team is I don't think the 2005 Hawks would have lost at Miami
or Detroit.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
el capitan":2nwszk24 said:
or Detroit.
no they lost to a shitty 4 and 12 GB team and thier point diff was 181 and the current team is 160 lets see next week what the result is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":q36c9lno said:
el capitan":q36c9lno said:
or Detroit.

no they lost to a shitty 4 and 12 GB team and thier point diff was 181 and the current team is 160 lets see next week what the result is.

In Week 17 man.. lol. They played all backups after Alexander got his record and they lost by 6!

If they honestly tried, they win that game by 3 scores. Again, missed Josh Brown FG + meaningless Week 17 game away from 15-1. I know we're here in the now, but that team was downright great.

You know what though, I hope you're right in 6 weeks.. I hope the 2012 blows the 2005 team away.

Fox0r

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the NFC, talentwise, division-wide, was terrible in 2005.

chris98251

Reaction score
You started one thread on this and people gave their opinions, why do you need another?

One last thing

The fact that we got to the SB in 2005 is not the issue.

Isn't it the biggest issue and ultimate prize??

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Demeaning one thing to embolden another. Weak and flawed logic. Why don't we take this season for what it is and leave that season as it is?