Rich Eisen backing DangeRuss for OROY

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Rich Eisen backing DangeRuss for OROY
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 pm
  • Check out Rich Eisen's tweet...

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen
    "Ahem, @CollinsworthNBC -- I'm all for @DangeRussWilson as ROY. Said so last week: if RG3 was doing this, it wouldn't even be a question."

He also gave props to Carroll for having balls so big that they drag on the turf....
    "Can't say enough of how bold a move it was for @PeteCarroll to start @DangeRussWilson -- the man is crazy like a fox. "
    HunnyBadger
    NET Starter

Re: Rich Eisen backing DangeRuss for OROY
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 pm
  • The other two have had great years but neither have faced the schedule the Russ has - that should be the decding factor when picking between Russ and RGIII
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 pm
  • TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:The other two have had great years but neither have faced the schedule the Russ has - that should be the decding factor when picking between Russ and RGIII

I agree, but it's not gonna happen, we all know that. RGIII is going to get it.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 pm
  • RGIII has had a damn good year, too. His numbers were more impressive than I thought.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 pm
  • yup, luck lost it, RGIII has not done enough to lose it, yet? RW is very deserving, unfortunately he plays for the seahawks.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:42 pm
  • It's going to be close. If Dallas and Chicago win next week knocking Washington out of the playoffs Russell gets it.

Edited to say expand: There is also the passing TD mark set by Manning. Only 1 more to tie it. Breaking that and finishing 11-5 will make a strong case. Let's root for Houston to win as well giving RW one more win than Luck. I kind of feel that no matter who wins it someone is getting robbed this year. Luck might not have the efficiency numbers and has played an easier schedule but 7 game winning drives is pretty outstanding. Morris and Martin have been outstanding as well. As a Seahawk fan I'm definitely rooting for RW all the way.
    Last edited by ceej22 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:44 pm
  • Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:RGIII has had a damn good year, too. His numbers were more impressive than I thought.

against lesser opponents, not taking anything away from RG but his devision isn't all that either, not horrible 3 teams around .500 but no NFC west thats for sure, especially the first half of the season.. :shock:

prolly gonna come down to who goes the deepest in the playoffs?

hard to say but either way its a judgement call and if Wilson doesn't get it that deosnt mean he didn't deserve it or didn't play well enough, they can only pick one..
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 pm
  • And he has started all 16 games (or will once he starts next week barring any unforeseen circumstances during the week).
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm
  • Fox0r wrote:Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.

That's one way to look at it. But, RGIII was the overall #2 pick, so he was expected to produce, and he has.

IMO, who cares where one is picked, just go by the numbers.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 am
  • Fox0r wrote:Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.

...but with that, RW didn't have the same pressure to win as let's say, Luck. RW would get my vote but niether he nor Griffin had the pressure Luck had. RW replaced T-Jack while Luck replaced the QB version of God. Can't recall who exactly Griffin replaced...'nuff said.

All 3 are outstanding. RW will win a SB first, that's what matters most.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 am
  • If there is a certain "underdog"ness to the ROY, Russell gets it all the way. But as others have said, Luck, RG3, and RW are all deserving. In the end, it's just an award for the trophy case. The one that really counts is the Lombardi... and at this point all 3 guys still have a shot at that one.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 am
  • John Clayon has said in no uncertain terms that he is voting for LUCk regardless of anything. He does not look that the Clts were over 10 wins for many years only that that for 1 yeay they were bad so he believes that Luck is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Me I think JC is a douche bag. RW was a 3rd round pick and has exceeded all expectaions and deserves ROTY
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 am
  • What we are going to see is that Luck or RGIII will win it because they've had to do more with less, unfortunately. Russ has an awesome defense and an excellent running game to benefit him.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 am
  • The pundits seemingly have forgotten how bad the Seahawks offense was last year. The only real change from then to now? That would be the addition of one rookie QB named Russell Wilson.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 am
  • Good. Let RG3 have his ROTY and let Russ have his Super Bowl Trophy in year one!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• LMAO. Luck didn't have any pressure to win. He went to a 2-14 team. All he had to do was look good.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Wilson is slightly ahead of Griffin in DVOA, which factors strength of opponent. I don't think Wilson's going to win it, but there is a very strong case building for it.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• ROTY is a marketing award.
    Voting for RW as ROTY would mean that John Clayton (and the whole ESPN crew: Mel Kiper, ... ) weren't smart enough to see that RW should have been drafted way way way earlier. Remember, ESPN said Seattle had a bad draft. ESPN keeps bringing up the Packer's game that we won.
    These people will NEVER admit that Russell is better than Luck or RGIII.
    Marketing wise, why would they want to have RW ROTY? Next year they will have 100 Redskins or Colts games on their network .... they want people to tune in to watch their ROTY.

rainger wrote:John Clayon has said in no uncertain terms that he is voting for LUCk regardless of anything. He does not look that the Clts were over 10 wins for many years only that that for 1 yeay they were bad so he believes that Luck is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Me I think JC is a douche bag. RW was a 3rd round pick and has exceeded all expectaions and deserves ROTY
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• HawkWow wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.

...but with that, RW didn't have the same pressure to win as let's say, Luck. RW would get my vote but niether he nor Griffin had the pressure Luck had. RW replaced T-Jack while Luck replaced the QB version of God. Can't recall who exactly Griffin replaced...'nuff said.

All 3 are outstanding. RW will win a SB first, that's what matters most.

I'd say the exact opposite - Wilson was brought in to a team with strong supporting cast that spent a lot of money bringing in a QB in the off-season.
    I'd say he had more pressure to win than either RGIII or Luck.
    Certainly if he'd been throwing interceptions willy-nilly like Luck it'd be unlikely he's still out starting QB
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• djb28 wrote:Good. Let RG3 have his ROTY and let Russ have his Super Bowl Trophy in year one!

:th2thumbs:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Who cares who wins I want a Super Bowl over ROY. But I think who ever wins is deserves it. This has been the best QB draft I have ever seen. Don't discount Ryan Tannhill that guy has show he has what it takes too. Just wow
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter

• I'm not going to care about OROY when in a couple of months RW wins Superbowl MVP. I'll take that any day of the week over OROY
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

not sure if Russell should get the "nob" over anybody :shock: but point taken :th2thumbs: however in this world, should be and are are two different things :stirthepot:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• grizbob wrote:............however in this world, should be and are are two different things :stirthepot:

As witnessed by the complete sham that was XL*
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information