Wilson needs 1 TD to tie, 2 to hold the record outright

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
For most passing TDs as a rookie, according to ESPN.

I think as long as Pete plays him the whole game, that this should be achieved easily.

Giblien

Reaction score
Agreed. I would be surprised if he doesn't get the record next week. Knowing him though, he doesn't care...he's got his eye on the Lombardi and nothing else.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's going to happen.

And it's going to happen for the Seahawks. How awesome will that be in the record books?

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2n9b1nuz said:
We're still playing for the division. Why in the world would you rest starters when the division is still on the line?

Meaning we blow them out by the second quarter and we sit Wilson for the rest of the game. It's happened before, if my memory serves me right ;)

HawkWow

Reaction score
The kid is just amazing. Even as a rookie, I am personally holding him to rediculous standards. On his slight over-throw to Turbin, that resulted in an INT., I was like C'mon Wilson, FFS, you're better than that!

Then, regaining my composure, it dawned on me that I wouldn't have been as upset if Manning or Brady over-threw that ball. Basically, I find myself expecting more from him than arguably the best that's ever played the game. That's not my fault, it's his, because he's just that damn good.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wilson has as good as shot as any would have dreamed possible to break this record. Coming into the 49ers game, it was a long shot. Six touchdowns in two games, facing first the 49ers vaunted defense. Long, long shot. But with an amazing four-touchdown performance, he's suddenly well within reach. They have to know he's oh-so-close to the record, and they have to be gunning for him to get it.

I think it's a good bet he gets it. 27 touchdowns to end the season. Although I'd like to see 28 or 29. Make it so, guys!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Bevell needs to have reminders written down on his play sheet to get Russ that record. Obviously what gets us the win is most important, but I think getting him that record is important as well. Make it happen, coach!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You can't tell me Pete isn't going to try to get him this record either.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawkWow":ygfoqn5k said:
The kid is just amazing. Even as a rookie, I am personally holding him to rediculous standards. On his slight over-throw to Turbin, that resulted in an INT., I was like C'mon Wilson, FFS, you're better than that!

Then, regaining my composure, it dawned on me that I wouldn't have been as upset if Manning or Brady over-threw that ball. Basically, I find myself expecting more from him than arguably the best that's ever played the game. That's not my fault, it's his, because he's just that damn good.

LOL. Ditto. Word for word. :)

kearly

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2ms3kl87 said:
Bevell needs to have reminders written down on his play sheet to get Russ that record. Obviously what gets us the win is most important, but I think getting him that record is important as well. Make it happen, coach!

Exactly. When it's first and goal I want to see three straight passes. Check that, 4 straight passes if that's what it takes.