Come on all you hawk fans revote in the 2005/2012 poll

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I know alot of us only want to live in the past. BUT come on, this team is the most dominate team we have ever had as a Hawk fan.

Yes the 2005 team got us to a SB and this team might not. But alot of things went right for that team and with 2 home games in the playoffs it helped get us to the SB but COME ON MAN this team is sooo much more dominate.

Time to re think your vote in the poll. How can you not think we have a more complete team now, than we have ever had???
    I luv all the revisionist thinking on the 2005 team.

Dont get me wrong I loved that team but lets revisit the facts;

We only played 4 teams with a winning record and we lost to 2 of them.

We did well in the playoffs because the the trip to the SB went through Seattle but lets re examine the record of our games for all of you who have short memories:
    Loss jacksonville 12.4
    Win Atlanta 8.8
    Win Arizona 5.11
    Loss Washington 10.6
    Win Rams 6.10
    Win Houston 2.14
    Win Dallas 9.7
    Win Arizona 5.11
    Win Rams 6.10
    Win SF 4.12
    Win Giants 11.5
    Win Philly 6.10
    Win SF 4.12
    Win Titans 4.12
    Loss GB 4.12
    Now it was great to then get through to the playoffs to then go to the SB (with Home feild advantage) but COME ON MAN you dont really think the 2005 team has done what this team has do you????

The 2012 team is soooo far better on D and has played a way tougher schedule than 2005. The fact that we got to the SB in 2005 is not the issue. What team is better is the issue and the 2012 team is better. The compitition may prevent us from getting to the SB but this team is sooo much more rounded.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59871
    Last edited by rainger on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• you mean to say not one of you who voted for the 2005 team is willing to re think your vote after that performance tonight. Man I dont get it.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• I gotta say this dominating win, after 2 blowouts against inferior opponents, sets the bar pretty damn high. I've never been this relaxed in a must-win game. The Hawks are legit and scary good.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• It got a whole lot closer tonight. And I think this team has a whole lot more momentum and focus than 2005. But that 2005 team was a pretty awesome juggernaut. Still get the edge from me. At least until we put up a 60-burger on the Rams next week.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• The 2005 team was dominant in a different way than this one has been. I still think that was the best team in franchise history, but who knows.. in a few weeks this 2012 team can re-write ALL the history books.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• The December version of this year's team is without question the best we've ever been. That can't be argued. Imagine if they actually let us hit players and play real defense. Lott and Easley both had to be shaking their heads at the Kam penalty. Just sickening.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• I still think if they lined the two teams up against each other and let them battle it out, the 2005 team would win more often than not. They were that good.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:I still think if they lined the two teams up against each other and let them battle it out, the 2005 team would win more often than not. They were that good.

We will agree to disagree they were so soft compared to this team. The D of the 2005 team could not come close to this team go look at the points given up by that team against a weaker schedule.

The O, which was good was not nearly as improvisational as this team. We had every thing fall into place in 2005 this team is just outright TAKING IT!
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!

1st in scoring
    7th in scoring defense

13-3 record.. one Josh Brown missed FG and the team giving a crap away from being 15-1.

That team was downright great.

I will say, I haven't been this excited about a Seahawks team SINCE 2005 though.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    rainger wrote:Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!

1st in scoring
    7th in scoring defense

13-3 record.. one Josh Brown missed FG and the team giving a crap away from being 15-1.

That team was downright great.

I will say, I haven't been this excited about a Seahawks team SINCE 2005 though.

well we are 1st in D and 2nd in scoring differential and first overall in last 8 games. And a 13 and 3 record agains ta weak schedule. NFC was nothing in that day.

Please dont get me wrong I was soooo in love with that team. I still am. I still believe we were jobed by the refs we were the best team in the NFL. But I think this is a more complete team!
    Last edited by rainger on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• The 2005 team was coached by Holmgren, he would not push that window once he got a team down it was run run run out the clock and play prevent defense.

Having said that this team is a blast to watch, but......

2 things, the 2005 team was the first team to go to the Superbowl, match that and maybe you have an arguement.

2nd thing the 2005 Hawks were the first team to go there, much like the 95 Mariners and 1979 Sonics, you have a fonder memory of the first dance with a hotty then the ones after.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• If this team goes to the Superbowl then I'll revote, but as exciting
    as this team is I don't think the 2005 Hawks would have lost at Miami
    or Detroit.
    el capitan
    NET Starter

• el capitan wrote:If this team goes to the Superbowl then I'll revote, but as exciting
    or Detroit.

no they lost to a shitty 4 and 12 GB team and thier point diff was 181 and the current team is 160 lets see next week what the result is.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:Man the 2005 team did not score 58 then 50 then 42. Come on man!

*42 against the #1 defense
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:
    el capitan wrote:If this team goes to the Superbowl then I'll revote, but as exciting
    or Detroit.

no they lost to a shitty 4 and 12 GB team and thier point diff was 181 and the current team is 160 lets see next week what the result is.

In Week 17 man.. lol. They played all backups after Alexander got his record and they lost by 6!

If they honestly tried, they win that game by 3 scores. Again, missed Josh Brown FG + meaningless Week 17 game away from 15-1. I know we're here in the now, but that team was downright great.

You know what though, I hope you're right in 6 weeks.. I hope the 2012 blows the 2005 team away.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

revisionst thinking on the 2005 team
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:42 pm
  • reposted
    Last edited by rainger on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Re: revisionst thinking on the 2005 team
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 pm
  • If I remember correctly, the NFC, talentwise, division-wide, was terrible in 2005.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 pm
  • You started one thread on this and people gave their opinions, why do you need another?

One last thing

The fact that we got to the SB in 2005 is not the issue.

Isn't it the biggest issue and ultimate prize??

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 pm
  • Demeaning one thing to embolden another. Weak and flawed logic. Why don't we take this season for what it is and leave that season as it is?
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:You started one thread on this and people gave their opinions, why do you need another?

One last thing

The fact that we got to the SB in 2005 is not the issue.

Isn't it the biggest issue and ultimate prize??

Yes. I LOVE this year's team...but until it makes the SB, 2005 wins by default.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• The 2012 team destroys 2005 in terms of pretty much any statistical angle.

2005 had more wins, that's great. They went to the Superbowl. They were truly a very nice team that season.

But they played one of the very easiest schedules in the NFL. Even in the postseason, the 2005 team faced a #5, a #6, and a #6 seeds. The 2005 team never even faced a team as imposing as the 2012 Packers, 2012 Patriots, or 2012 Niners. The toughest team they faced was the Giants and they very, very, very nearly lost that game (at home). The 2005 Giants, in 2012 DVOA terms, were basically the equivalent of the present day Chicago Bears. The Bears game was only the 5th toughest game Seattle played this season. For years the Seahawks were a team that was competitive against elite teams but rarely won. This year, the Seahawks are beating great teams as well as any team ever has. And they have yet to lose a game by more than one score. The most they've trailed by all season at any point in a game was 13, a game they won.

I think people really need to appreciate how special this current team is. This isn't just the best Seahawks team ever, it's one of the very best teams of the last 20 years. Period. If they had jelled just a few weeks sooner, they'd be the undisputed favorite to win it all right now.

Or to put it another way, the Brady era Patriots are one of the greatest NFL dynasties of all time. This is statistically their 2nd best season ever in those 12 years, the only better season being the infamous 18-1 campaign. The Patriots are having an amazing season. But they are currently ranked behind Seattle in DVOA with one week to go, and remember, Seattle didn't exactly shoot out of the gate either. That plus, you know, 150 points in 3 games while boasting the NFL's #1 defense and maybe even the #1 special teams. Yeah, the Seahawks are kind of good right now. Amazingly good.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• OK, I read the entire thread and I still don't know where I'm supposed to vote :? :Dunno: :escape:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• Some of us don't feel the need to rank our children, nor express appreciation for one species (dogs) over another (cats).
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• grizbob wrote:OK, I read the entire thread and I still don't know where I'm supposed to vote :? :Dunno: :escape:

There is anoher thread where there is voting

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59871
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:00 am
  • seahawk2k wrote:Demeaning one thing to embolden another. Weak and flawed logic. Why don't we take this season for what it is and leave that season as it is?

Exactly. Not sure why the OP is so invested in this.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

We are regressing, time to panic!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information