OK I'm convinced, this team CAN win the Super Bowl

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Kearly has been saying all year this team was capable of it and I have never bought into the notion. I've changed my mind. Oh it won't be anything but very difficult what with likely having to win 3 in a row on the road, but I believe they can do it. It may not even be likely, but the possibilty is definitely there. MAJOR props Kip. You were the first to see it and believe in it. I'm on board. GO HAWKS!!!!!!
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: OK, this team CAN win the Super Bowl
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:39 pm
  • Let us just .... bask ... 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:40 pm
  • I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm
  • To paraphase some one I dont really care for but "YES WE CAN"
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.

Your mouth to God's ears.

:th2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.

I was thinking the same thing. They looked straight up defeated and Kaepernick looked like he was gonna cry on the sideline.

Queue QB controversy.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:58 pm
  • Hell yeah we can!
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• We have the depth too. At every position. This team is ready and confident. No team scares them. This team can win anywhere.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• I'm not gonna lie, some of the "Seahawks are mediocre" topics all across the Hawks blogosphere last month... they ticked me off a little. In a simmering under the surface Jon Gruden kind of way. Remember when I was positively geeked when Seattle destroyed KC in the preseason? That was when we first saw what the "real" Seahawks look like. Everyone (including some very respectable posters) made fun of me for going overboard on a preseason game, but I had my suspicions about this team before the year and that game confirmed it.

Remember, I gave Seattle A+ grades at Seahawks Draft Blog for the Irvin and Wilson picks the day after the draft. I believed in those picks and Seattle's potential skyrocketed as a result of them, mainly because of Wilson. I remember when the Wilson pick was called and I was flipping out in celebration. It was like they had just called Tom Brady in the 6th. That's what it felt like to me. Remember when Steve Hutchinson was stolen away and it felt like a Superbowl trophy or two left with him? Watching Wilson get drafted was that feeling in reverse for me.

There were some growing pains along the way (I put most of that blame on the coaching staff for not knowing what they had), but this team isn't "hot," because that implies unsustainability. Rather, it's just a team that is finally playing the way they are supposed to. Scoff if you want, but I really think this team has a chance to be one of the best in NFL history over the next decade. And I truly believe we will have a championship or few before it is done.

Seattle just destroyed a team many considered to be the best in the NFL, and they didn't need 5 turnovers to do it. They didn't even need a lot of plays. They just straight up kicked their asses, every single drive.
    Last edited by kearly on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:I'm not gonna lie, some of the "Seahawks are mediocre" topics all across the Hawks blogosphere last month... they ticked me off a little. In a simmering under the surface Jon Gruden kind of way. Remember when I was positively geeked when Seattle destroyed KC in the preseason? That was when we first saw what the "real" Seahawks look like. Everyone (including some very respectable posters) made fun of me for going overboard on a preseason game, but I had my suspicions about this team before the year and that game confirmed it.

There were some growing pains along the way (I put most of that blame on the coaching staff for not knowing what they had), but this team isn't "hot," because that implies unsustainability. Rather, it's just a team that is finally playing the way they are supposed to. This team has a chance to be one of the best in NFL history over the next decade. And I truly believe we will have a championship or two before it is done.

Seattle just destroyed a team many considered to be the best in the NFL, and they didn't need 5 turnovers to do it. They didn't even need a lot of yards. They just straight up kicked their asses, every single drive. And they've been doing this for a while now- it was just hard to see it because other teams made clutch plays or Seattle made clutch mistakes to just barely lose a few games.

Seems to that it took that Chicago game to get THEM to see it Kip. By 'them' I mean the coaches and the players. It was like they finally took that final step to the land where they not only don't lose to teams like the Lions and Dolphins, but go out and kick the shit out of the 9ers. I would imagine at that point the coaches and team saw what they had in Russ and it's just taken off from there. 15 years from now we may still be talking about that Chicago game and what it meant to this franchise.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm

In reading some of the posts on their boards, you'd think so. They've gone from world beaters to "our we overrated?".

Hilarious.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 pm
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.

In reading some of the posts on their boards, you'd think so. They've gone from world beaters to "our we overrated?".

Hilarious.

Let's hope their players and coaches are thinking that way too.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.

I'm still concerned about the WRs ability to get open consistently. However, the SF secondary ain't chopped liver either.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I don't think I'm overstating things by saying that this team has officially arrived folks. To do what they just did to arguably the #1 Defense in the NFL -- are you kidding me? Now I've followed this team since the days of Zorn and Largent ... and I honestly can't remember a time that the Seahawks have been quite THIS hot -- not even the 2005 team (even though they did win 11 in a row that year, not all of those wins were THAT convincing). It's a totally different sport ... but the feeling that I get with this Seahawks team right now is exactly the same feeling that I had watching the 1995 "My Oh My" Mariners. I would say that not since that team has a Seattle Pro Sports team been THIS on fire ... THIS dominant ... and it's amazing to see. Forever and a day the Seattle Seahawks have been the weak little punk on the beach that always gets sand kicked in his face. Each and every year they've been Charlie Brown ... who every year comes running full bore, aimed at kicking that football ... only to get it yanked away at the last second by Lucy (and of course he falls on his back in agony). To me, that Charlie Brown scene has been an apt picture of Seahawks football for most of the 30 years I've followed this team. No longer people. That is a distant memory. It's in the past. These are the new Seahawks who have finally arrived, are getting national respect for the first time ever, and can truly (and rightfully so) mentioned in the same breath with all the other elite teams in the NFL. Now, the Seahawks may or may not win it all this year ... but I'll tell you what -- the future is very bright for this team. I believe for the next several years now ... each and every year at the beginning of each season ... when the national experts begin their conversations about who in their opinion the true Super Bowl contenders are ... will find themselves mentioning the Seattle Seahawks in the same breath will all the other elite teams out there.

The Seattle Seahawks have finally arrived people ... and it is VERY, VERY good to finally see.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:49 pm
  • bellingerga wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.

I was thinking the same thing. They looked straight up defeated and Kaepernick looked like he was gonna cry on the sideline.

Queue QB controversy.

For a split second there...I almost felt sorry for him! He looked like he walked into a tornado!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Hawkscanner wrote:I don't think I'm overstating things by saying that this team has officially arrived folks. To do what they just did to arguably the #1 Defense in the NFL -- are you kidding me? Now I've followed this team since the days of Zorn and Largent ... and I honestly can't remember a time that the Seahawks have been quite THIS hot -- not even the 2005 team (even though they did win 11 in a row that year, not all of those wins were THAT convincing). It's a totally different sport ... but the feeling that I get with this Seahawks team right now is exactly the same feeling that I had watching the 1995 "My Oh My" Mariners. I would say that not since that team has a Seattle Pro Sports team been THIS on fire ... THIS dominant ... and it's amazing to see. Forever and a day the Seattle Seahawks have been the weak little punk on the beach that always gets sand kicked in his face. Each and every year they've been Charlie Brown ... who every year comes running full bore, aimed at kicking that football ... only to get it yanked away at the last second by Lucy (and of course he falls on his back in agony). To me, that Charlie Brown scene has been an apt picture of Seahawks football for most of the 30 years I've followed this team. No longer people. That is a distant memory. It's in the past. These are the new Seahawks who have finally arrived, are getting national respect for the first time ever, and can truly (and rightfully so) mentioned in the same breath with all the other elite teams in the NFL. Now, the Seahawks may or may not win it all this year ... but I'll tell you what -- the future is very bright for this team. I believe for the next several years now ... each and every year at the beginning of each season ... when the national experts begin their conversations about who in their opinion the true Super Bowl contenders are ... will find themselves mentioning the Seattle Seahawks in the same breath will all the other elite teams out there.

The Seattle Seahawks have finally arrived people ... and it is VERY, VERY good to finally see.

VERY well said as usual my friend. :th2thumbs: (and I agree 100%)
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• this was way more then I expected :49ersmall: :0190l:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• Over the last three weeks, the Seahawks have broke three teams. The Cards are completely broken, the Bills are broken, and the 49ers might not recover from this beat down. They will probably get the division because the Cards are so bad, but they won't be the same team in the playoffs. These Hawks have made a statement, and that statement is, "You will have to keep up with us in scoring, and we're going to score a lot. But our defense won't let you score...none." They have put the NFL on notice that the forgotten team in South Alaska needs to be reckoned.
    otter
    NET Rookie

• ....and to hear those Niner fans moan that when they come up to Seattle we keep hurting their players! Tell you what...they will NEVER forget this humiliation on national TV!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

I'm still concerned about the WRs ability to get open consistently. However, the SF secondary ain't chopped liver either.

I was referring more to the fact they are doing the dirty work and cleaning up. Tate and Rice and Baldwin may not be the *best* receiving crew in the NFL, but they bring their lunch pails and they are tough as nails.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I still don't quite think we're "there" yet offensively. Maybe we're just so unconventional that it I'm having a hard time recognizing the greatness, but there isn't a lot of oil and rhythm to the madness. We've got a bunch of guys making plays time and time again, and we're very opportunistic, but I'd still like to see us make it look easy every once in a while.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

I was referring more to the fact they are doing the dirty work and cleaning up. Tate and Rice and Baldwin may not be the *best* receiving crew in the NFL, but they bring their lunch pails and they are tough as nails.

I get what you're saying. They are indeed VERY good at downfield run blocking. You see it on every longer run Beast and Turbinator make.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• kearly knows via preseason PM where I stand on this. I've been on the record since last March that we were Super Bowl contenders. And I have pictures of wagering tickets to show for it.

Sunday night was a coming out party.

It was a national public service announcement.

It is nice to see that collective consciousness has finally caught up to what some of us have believed to be true for some time now.

It is a wonderful time, Hawk brethren.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Tical21 wrote:I still don't quite think we're "there" yet offensively. Maybe we're just so unconventional that it I'm having a hard time recognizing the greatness, but there isn't a lot of oil and rhythm to the madness. We've got a bunch of guys making plays time and time again, and we're very opportunistic, but I'd still like to see us make it look easy every once in a while.

Not every game can be 58-0. They just made a very good defense look very mediocre.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• Those of you who are PAC 10/12 fans but not USC fans, this is how it felt when Pete Carroll was the head coach (and that's not to take anything away from all the other great USC teams--they simply were before my time). We always got better as the season went on. We only lost in November in Pete's last year. I think we only lost a couple of games in December and January all the time he was there. Anyone, anywhere, any time.

I've said it before--Pete isn't perfect. But he knows football and he knows how to make people believe in what they can do.

Sometimes it takes luck as well as skill to win. The ball won't always bounce our way. And the whole, "any given Sunday" thing is very true. But this team believes now. The Bears game showed them they could overcome adversity and do so on the road. It truly was the turning point.

At one time during Pete's first year at USC, the team pulled out a tough win after Kris Richard got an interception and they turned the game around. Pete told the team they didn't have to lose again, and after that, they rarely did for the better part of a decade. They believed.

This team believes, and it's a beautiful thing to see.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I said it before the game, and I'm saying it after.

We can steal any of these NFC teams lunch and eat it too, nothings too big for this team and especially for our QB, and if we have both Sherman and Browner back for the playoffs? broski's, I'm gonna do a back flip off my house.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:03 am
  • sutz wrote:

Your mouth to God's ears.

:th2thumbs:

+1001
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

• In every playoff bound locker room in the NFL right now teams are watching game film on us and trying to figure out how to stop this juggernaut! And it is still picking up steam! Bring on ANYBODY!

Go Hawks!!!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information