Are we going to smoke SF Sunday night?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.

Fox0r

Reaction score
We've seen some pretty spectacular personal performances from key players in night games over the years. One Sunday Night in particular, I remember watching Shaun Alexander score his 5th touchdown of the first half against the Vikings. That record won't be broken any time soon.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Russell had four in the first half versus the Bills ... in his rookie season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2wcg843x said:
I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.

That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3f4d6id3 said:
Scottemojo":3f4d6id3 said:

That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.

justin won't play? I take it all back, ass kicking time.
Just kidding. But without Justin, Aldon will be less effective. We are missing Browner, however, and I think his thugishness will be sorely missed by us.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":9p7ug91v said:
Scottemojo":9p7ug91v said:

Can you also sit Aldon Smith... guy is a machine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2z1plwmq said:
Marvin49":2z1plwmq said:
Scottemojo":2z1plwmq said:

justin won't play? I take it all back, ass kicking time.
Just kidding. But without Justin, Aldon will be less effective. We are missing Browner, however, and I think his thugishness will be sorely missed by us.

Its not for sure, but the players seem to thinnk Ricky Jean-Francois will be playing. Rickys actually pretty good and got a sack in NE, but lets be real...he's not Justin Smith.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Marvin49":3nahea9s said:
12thManHawkFan":3nahea9s said:
Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.

What is up with your insistance that "Explosive Plays" are "lucky"? They are the reason Kaep is in the game to begin with. He threw 4 TDs and ALL of them were more than 20 yards and 2 were over 30 yards. If Wilson had done that you'd be singing his praises. Instead, Kaep is "lucky". Nice homerism.

When I'm predicting a game coming up, I look at how the other team has succeeded recently. Then I bounce that production against how I think the Seahawks would have performed. 5-6 explosive plays against a terrible secondary, not going to happen Sunday. Let's say Kaep gets 1-2 that nets 10 points + 1 sustained drive 7, or maybe 3 after all SF was stopped in the Redzone multiple times last Sunday. Turnovers? Not going to be the same as your NE turnover frenzy that was last Sunday, maybe Seattle gives up 1, but will SF capitalize? I don't see it. Like I said I think SEA will stop the explosive plays Sunday. So what are we at... 13-17 points. That's not going to get it done, you guys are getting ready to play an Offense that is ON FIRE, to say the least.

Let's not forget, you guys just lost to the Rams, what two weeks ago? What happened in that game? 1 sustained drive, 5 punts, a safety, a FG, a fumble by your hero that lead to losing the lead, oh another FG...OT punt, Shanked FG (trend?).

You guys had a ton of explosive plays that game right? You can't bank on them. If that is all you had all game, then ya i think the game was garbage. I would say lopsided if SF didn't almost BLOW THE ENTIRE GAME by giving up 28 points in 1 quarter. What is the whole point of my article? I wanted to know if any SEAHAWK fans were feeling the same way I was after the game last Sunday. The media is painting this picture as if SF is the most amazing team since sliced bread. I'm sorry I dont see it that way, I'm not worried about Sunday at all. I think that Seattle is going to put SF to sleep by the end of the third quarter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ogxqeo2 said:
12thManHawkFan":3ogxqeo2 said:
Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.

What is up with your insistance that "Explosive Plays" are "lucky"? They are the reason Kaep is in the game to begin with. He threw 4 TDs and ALL of them were more than 20 yards and 2 were over 30 yards. If Wilson had done that you'd be singing his praises. Instead, Kaep is "lucky". Nice homerism.

When I'm predicting a game coming up, I look at how the other team has succeeded recently. Then I bounce that production against how I think the Seahawks would have performed. 5-6 explosive plays against a terrible secondary, not going to happen Sunday. Let's say Kaep gets 1-2 that nets 10 points + 1 sustained drive 7, or maybe 3 after all SF was stopped in the Redzone multiple times last Sunday. Turnovers? Not going to be the same as your NE turnover frenzy that was last Sunday, maybe Seattle gives up 1, but will SF capitalize? I don't see it. Like I said I think SEA will stop the explosive plays Sunday. So what are we at... 13-17 points. That's not going to get it done, you guys are getting ready to play an Offense that is ON FIRE, to say the least.

Let's not forget, you guys just lost to the Rams, what two weeks ago? What happened in that game? 1 sustained drive, 5 punts, a safety, a FG, a fumble by your hero that lead to losing the lead, oh another FG...OT punt, Shanked FG (trend?).

You guys had a ton of explosive plays that game right? You can't bank on them. If that is all you had all game, then ya i think the game was garbage. I would say lopsided if SF didn't almost BLOW THE ENTIRE GAME by giving up 28 points in 1 quarter. What is the whole point of my article? I wanted to know if any SEAHAWK fans were feeling the same way I was after the game last Sunday. The media is painting this picture as if SF is the most amazing team since sliced bread. I'm sorry I dont see it that way, I'm not worried about Sunday at all. I think that Seattle is going to put SF to sleep by the end of the third quarter.[/quote]

If your point is that the 49ers won't attack the Seahawks the same way they attacked the Pats...

Um...duh?

That doesn't make the plays against the Pats lucky. They were well designed and executed. Yes, the 49ers lost to the Rams. How could I possibly forget wen every fan on every forum reminds all Niner fans and uses it as the examply of how to beat the Niners. What that won't tell you tho is that Kaep actually threw the game winner in that game and it was promptly dropped by Delanie Walker.

Very possible that the Seahawks win, but saying the Niners game wasn't impressive is just BS.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Dont think im not equally as critical on the hawks as i am sf. our d pissed me the f off last sunday in the first half of the game, i think we should have shutdown the bills or at least been able to hold them to 10 or less. I contribute their failures to the continued road performances we have seen all year and dont expect to see any of it at home sunday.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I know my friends get really irritated at me, after the game all i could talk about is how frustrated i was about giving them 17.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread, I saw a post about doubters and wanted to point out that some of us saw this coming.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Where are the niner fans now? One of them said he would come here and admit the Seahawks were the better team if Seattle blew the niners out....WELL???

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
It's Christmas, let him and his family it crow in private!