OK I'm convinced, this team CAN win the Super Bowl

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Kearly has been saying all year this team was capable of it and I have never bought into the notion. I've changed my mind. Oh it won't be anything but very difficult what with likely having to win 3 in a row on the road, but I believe they can do it. It may not even be likely, but the possibilty is definitely there. MAJOR props Kip. You were the first to see it and believe in it. I'm on board. GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.

sutz

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3nmage08 said:
I'm thinking we may have just broken the 49ers psyche and they may just lose next week to the Cardinals.
Your mouth to God's ears.

:th2thumbs:

bellingerga

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2ubz9l69 said:

I was thinking the same thing. They looked straight up defeated and Kaepernick looked like he was gonna cry on the sideline.

Queue QB controversy.

Seafan

Reaction score
We have the depth too. At every position. This team is ready and confident. No team scares them. This team can win anywhere.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, some of the "Seahawks are mediocre" topics all across the Hawks blogosphere last month... they ticked me off a little. In a simmering under the surface Jon Gruden kind of way. Remember when I was positively geeked when Seattle destroyed KC in the preseason? That was when we first saw what the "real" Seahawks look like. Everyone (including some very respectable posters) made fun of me for going overboard on a preseason game, but I had my suspicions about this team before the year and that game confirmed it.

Remember, I gave Seattle A+ grades at Seahawks Draft Blog for the Irvin and Wilson picks the day after the draft. I believed in those picks and Seattle's potential skyrocketed as a result of them, mainly because of Wilson. I remember when the Wilson pick was called and I was flipping out in celebration. It was like they had just called Tom Brady in the 6th. That's what it felt like to me. Remember when Steve Hutchinson was stolen away and it felt like a Superbowl trophy or two left with him? Watching Wilson get drafted was that feeling in reverse for me.

There were some growing pains along the way (I put most of that blame on the coaching staff for not knowing what they had), but this team isn't "hot," because that implies unsustainability. Rather, it's just a team that is finally playing the way they are supposed to. Scoff if you want, but I really think this team has a chance to be one of the best in NFL history over the next decade. And I truly believe we will have a championship or few before it is done.

Seattle just destroyed a team many considered to be the best in the NFL, and they didn't need 5 turnovers to do it. They didn't even need a lot of plays. They just straight up kicked their asses, every single drive.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":p8zkut9p said:
I'm not gonna lie, some of the "Seahawks are mediocre" topics all across the Hawks blogosphere last month... they ticked me off a little. In a simmering under the surface Jon Gruden kind of way. Remember when I was positively geeked when Seattle destroyed KC in the preseason? That was when we first saw what the "real" Seahawks look like. Everyone (including some very respectable posters) made fun of me for going overboard on a preseason game, but I had my suspicions about this team before the year and that game confirmed it.

There were some growing pains along the way (I put most of that blame on the coaching staff for not knowing what they had), but this team isn't "hot," because that implies unsustainability. Rather, it's just a team that is finally playing the way they are supposed to. This team has a chance to be one of the best in NFL history over the next decade. And I truly believe we will have a championship or two before it is done.

Seattle just destroyed a team many considered to be the best in the NFL, and they didn't need 5 turnovers to do it. They didn't even need a lot of yards. They just straight up kicked their asses, every single drive. And they've been doing this for a while now- it was just hard to see it because other teams made clutch plays or Seattle made clutch mistakes to just barely lose a few games.
Seems to that it took that Chicago game to get THEM to see it Kip. By 'them' I mean the coaches and the players. It was like they finally took that final step to the land where they not only don't lose to teams like the Lions and Dolphins, but go out and kick the shit out of the 9ers. I would imagine at that point the coaches and team saw what they had in Russ and it's just taken off from there. 15 years from now we may still be talking about that Chicago game and what it meant to this franchise.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":z2p5ewg2 said:

In reading some of the posts on their boards, you'd think so. They've gone from world beaters to "our we overrated?".

Hilarious.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1i9kdvso said:
Jazzhawk":1i9kdvso said:

In reading some of the posts on their boards, you'd think so. They've gone from world beaters to "our we overrated?".

Hilarious.
Let's hope their players and coaches are thinking that way too.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":36qmadds said:
We're 6 - 1 and probably going to be 7 - 1. We have an insane QB (which was a need), a stud RB who hates opposing defenses, awesome receivers who are balls out, an OL coming together at the right time, and an altogether nasty defense with the best secondary in the NFL.

Yeah, we're totally capable. I believe. I really do. I expect us to win it this year. This team...it's just sooooo good.
I'm still concerned about the WRs ability to get open consistently. However, the SF secondary ain't chopped liver either.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I don't think I'm overstating things by saying that this team has officially arrived folks. To do what they just did to arguably the #1 Defense in the NFL -- are you kidding me? Now I've followed this team since the days of Zorn and Largent ... and I honestly can't remember a time that the Seahawks have been quite THIS hot -- not even the 2005 team (even though they did win 11 in a row that year, not all of those wins were THAT convincing). It's a totally different sport ... but the feeling that I get with this Seahawks team right now is exactly the same feeling that I had watching the 1995 "My Oh My" Mariners. I would say that not since that team has a Seattle Pro Sports team been THIS on fire ... THIS dominant ... and it's amazing to see. Forever and a day the Seattle Seahawks have been the weak little punk on the beach that always gets sand kicked in his face. Each and every year they've been Charlie Brown ... who every year comes running full bore, aimed at kicking that football ... only to get it yanked away at the last second by Lucy (and of course he falls on his back in agony). To me, that Charlie Brown scene has been an apt picture of Seahawks football for most of the 30 years I've followed this team. No longer people. That is a distant memory. It's in the past. These are the new Seahawks who have finally arrived, are getting national respect for the first time ever, and can truly (and rightfully so) mentioned in the same breath with all the other elite teams in the NFL. Now, the Seahawks may or may not win it all this year ... but I'll tell you what -- the future is very bright for this team. I believe for the next several years now ... each and every year at the beginning of each season ... when the national experts begin their conversations about who in their opinion the true Super Bowl contenders are ... will find themselves mentioning the Seattle Seahawks in the same breath will all the other elite teams out there.

The Seattle Seahawks have finally arrived people ... and it is VERY, VERY good to finally see.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bellingerga":15t205cl said:
Jazzhawk":15t205cl said:

I was thinking the same thing. They looked straight up defeated and Kaepernick looked like he was gonna cry on the sideline.

Queue QB controversy.

For a split second there...I almost felt sorry for him! He looked like he walked into a tornado!

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":16qsqzls said:
I don't think I'm overstating things by saying that this team has officially arrived folks. To do what they just did to arguably the #1 Defense in the NFL -- are you kidding me? Now I've followed this team since the days of Zorn and Largent ... and I honestly can't remember a time that the Seahawks have been quite THIS hot -- not even the 2005 team (even though they did win 11 in a row that year, not all of those wins were THAT convincing). It's a totally different sport ... but the feeling that I get with this Seahawks team right now is exactly the same feeling that I had watching the 1995 "My Oh My" Mariners. I would say that not since that team has a Seattle Pro Sports team been THIS on fire ... THIS dominant ... and it's amazing to see. Forever and a day the Seattle Seahawks have been the weak little punk on the beach that always gets sand kicked in his face. Each and every year they've been Charlie Brown ... who every year comes running full bore, aimed at kicking that football ... only to get it yanked away at the last second by Lucy (and of course he falls on his back in agony). To me, that Charlie Brown scene has been an apt picture of Seahawks football for most of the 30 years I've followed this team. No longer people. That is a distant memory. It's in the past. These are the new Seahawks who have finally arrived, are getting national respect for the first time ever, and can truly (and rightfully so) mentioned in the same breath with all the other elite teams in the NFL. Now, the Seahawks may or may not win it all this year ... but I'll tell you what -- the future is very bright for this team. I believe for the next several years now ... each and every year at the beginning of each season ... when the national experts begin their conversations about who in their opinion the true Super Bowl contenders are ... will find themselves mentioning the Seattle Seahawks in the same breath will all the other elite teams out there.

The Seattle Seahawks have finally arrived people ... and it is VERY, VERY good to finally see.
VERY well said as usual my friend. :th2thumbs: (and I agree 100%)

zhawk

Reaction score
this was way more then I expected :49ersmall: :0190l:

otter

Reaction score
Over the last three weeks, the Seahawks have broke three teams. The Cards are completely broken, the Bills are broken, and the 49ers might not recover from this beat down. They will probably get the division because the Cards are so bad, but they won't be the same team in the playoffs. These Hawks have made a statement, and that statement is, "You will have to keep up with us in scoring, and we're going to score a lot. But our defense won't let you score...none." They have put the NFL on notice that the forgotten team in South Alaska needs to be reckoned.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
....and to hear those Niner fans moan that when they come up to Seattle we keep hurting their players! Tell you what...they will NEVER forget this humiliation on national TV!