Update on sherman

pehawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":4o8rm8og said:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?

I have. Which is why I'm giving Sherman the benefit of MY doubt.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
An appeal is made after a verdict has been reached. Sherman was already fond guilty of violating the PEDs rule and given a punishment. Now he is appealing the finding, and if he loses, his punishment will be imposed. People who throw around the term "innocent until proven guilty" are not using it in the proper context here.

(Not to mention the fact that the phrase only applies to criminal law, not NFL administrative proceedings. And even then, it's not the true legal criminal burden of proof. The legal standard is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt")

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ATTENTION!

The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.

Rainger

Reaction score
MTS":2vlb6m4n said:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?
Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
I can think of multiple ways an open sample cup could contaminate the Sherman sample, especially if there were other tests there that were positive for Adderall. Who is to say maybe the open cup wasn't used in an attempted UA by one of the guys who did test positive, but only a small amount of urine was produced, not enough for a sample. Then the guy goes to drink some fluids, they place his cup down. Sherman is up next, bring his broken cup over, and the one just sat down was grabbed. That is just one example, and not too far fetched.

MTS

Reaction score
rainger":383o4i6j said:
Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.

No proof whatsoever?

Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha

Will I

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1pdm8ip4 said:
ATTENTION!

The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.

I think it'd be better if one of the mods just changed the title of this thread. It's what it is about anyway.

MTS

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":147xe0mx said:
ATTENTION!

If this is true, this thread is one post long. Great discussion.

Rainger

Reaction score
MTS":ai74cfhu said:
rainger":ai74cfhu said:

No proof whatsoever?

Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha
You are an idiot or a troll. (whoops sorry I am not alowed to call you an idiot even if you are, my bad) A positive result is not proof IF there is evidence that the positive test is contaminated.

YOU do not have that evidence that the test was NOT contaminated so YOU are wrong to call it a lie at this point in time.

This is the problem with so many in the world today they only belive what the media tells them to believe and form their beliefs not from facts but what they "feel".

No wonder the world is so screwed up today when there are so many walking around who think like this.