Thurmond?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Thurmond?
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:15 pm
  • Is Walter Thurmond III playing today? He's listed as questionable. Probably wont play because he didn't practice all week. I think he could shutdown Crabtree... he's that good...
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Re: Thurmond?
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 pm
  • im sure Sherman will be shadowing Crabtree today. Crabs is SLOW. But I really wanna have Thurmond as our other corner. Im not sold on Lane/Maxwell yet
    rightbench
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 pm
  • He practiced on Friday.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm
  • Im not sold on Lane/Maxwell either. Thurmond would be a huge help for 2 quarters before he gets injured again.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:41 pm
  • Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.

Agreed!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:29 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.

It's a bummer too, because he has so much to offer. It's always sad to see injuries derail young players careers, especially when those players have as much talent as Thurmond III has.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.

It's a bummer too, because he has so much to offer. It's always sad to see injuries derail young players careers, especially when those players have as much talent as Thurmond III has.

Yep. Very sad. How long can you keep depending on him? The guy is getting injured getting out of bed in the morning.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Yep. Very sad. How long can you keep depending on him? The guy is getting injured getting out of bed in the morning.

I think next year is the final year of his rookie contract. The team will probably keep him until that contract expires. I doubt he is re-signed.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm

I see what you did there. Too bad Thurmond doesn't have a famous Seahawk in law that we can compare him to for reverse bad luck.

drdiags wrote:I think next year is the final year of his rookie contract. The team will probably keep him until that contract expires. I doubt he is re-signed.

We'll see. None of his injuries have been recurring. He's just had bad luck. His talent is pro bowl caliber. He'd be cheap to retain. Seattle keeps six corners.

Between Shead (good college tape) and Gorrer (Ravens fans said good things) I think this FO has a lot of confidence in their ability to work the waiver wires for CBs in an emergency. Players like Roy Lewis are still out there too. As long as Seattle treats Thurmond like a #6 corner, there is almost nothing to lose by him hitting IR. It's all upside. So I would guess he's got a lot of rope left on the injury front- especially given how much talent he has. This FO has yet to give up on a player with Thurmond's level of talent. They haven't made the Jason Babin / Michael Bennett type blunders that Tim Ruskell and Mike Holmgren did.
    Last edited by kearly on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.

I see what you did there. Too bad Thurmond doesn't have a famous Seahawk in law that we can compare him to for reverse bad luck.

Thurmond and, that guy, really have not achieved the way I expect them too.

Think thurmond is related to Dave Brown?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information