How long until Greg Schiano's on the hot seat?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Tampa Bay imploding badly..
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Tampa Bay imploding badly..

This is his first season dude
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• No way he get fired in his first season, he kept the Bucs competitive at first. Sounds like Pete Carroll's first year, IMO. Kept the team with a nice record in the beginning, and then we really fell out of whack. Then again, the Bucs have a QBOTF....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I know it's his first season, but this is nothing like Pete Carroll's first season in Seattle. The players are revolting behind the scenes. His approach to coaching worked when the team was winning games, but nobody likes a over the top hard ass when things go wrong. He's looked out of his depth in recent weeks. Today's blow out against the Rams has been abysmal and follows a disgusting performance in New Orleans.

Not saying he'll be canned this year, but if they lose next week to finish 6-10 then he enters next season on the hot seat. This has been very, very ugly.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I'm wondering that too, English. But, I'm beginning to think there's just a bad mix of players there. Raheem made some big mistakes as a new HC, but he wasn't awful. Raheem will be GREAT coach the 2nd time around, IMO. And, Schiano's good, IMO. That's two decent coaches who've had that team to the cusp, only to see them revolt.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• the bucs could still win this game though

edit: failed 4th down now they're done
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

• pehawk wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering that too, English. But, I'm beginning to think there's just a bad mix of players there. Raheem made some big mistakes as a new HC, but he wasn't awful. Raheem will be GREAT coach the 2nd time around, IMO. And, Schiano's good, IMO. That's two decent coaches who've had that team to the cusp, only to see them revolt.

Fair points.

And Josh Freeman doesn't look all that anymore. Had one good season, really.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• What's REALLY funny is the team is revolting against the very thing they said Raheem lacked; discipline.

I think Freeman is an A1 bullshitter. He's the leader of that team, and more times than not they fall apart. I believe Freeman maybe the cause behind the scenes. Just a guess. Plus, Freeman's one good year they we're 10-6. But, they we're 10-6 and knew the playoffs we're still unlikely. So, they've never really won when called upon as a must.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• He won't get canned this year.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:He won't get canned this year.

What's the issue there ya think? They got some talent where you want it.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I know it's his first season, but this is nothing like Pete Carroll's first season in Seattle. The players are revolting behind the scenes. His approach to coaching worked when the team was winning games, but nobody likes a over the top hard ass when things go wrong. He's looked out of his depth in recent weeks. Today's blow out against the Rams has been abysmal and follows a disgusting performance in New Orleans.

Not saying he'll be canned this year, but if they lose next week to finish 6-10 then he enters next season on the hot seat. This has been very, very ugly.

Reminds me of Jim Mora's first year as HC with the Seahawks. it can happen after one year, and in the Seahawks case, was the right decision.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:He won't get canned this year.

I don't know for sure, but that defense is pretty soft up the middle, and losing Talib hurt the backend. I think the D is kinda soft. I recorded that Bucs/Rams game, I will look a little closer.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:He won't get canned this year.

I don't know for sure, but that defense is pretty soft up the middle, and losing Talib hurt the backend. I think the D is kinda soft. I recorded that Bucs/Rams game, I will look a little closer.

Pervert.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    pehawk wrote:

Pervert.

Soft. Backend. Soft. Buc, Ram. Of course I want to look closer.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information