Update on sherman

Killa Kam

Reaction score
MTS":2ef28f6i said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2ef28f6i said:
Unless any of you doubters were in the room holding his hog then you have no basis for calling him a liar.

Oh really? What if he played for the SF 49ers? What would your story be then?

You do know... if his new story was the truth and he is innocent, this would have been the story he told from the very beginning. But, was it? No... hmmm what do your critical-analysis abilities tell you?

He's never told his "story" or reasoning, only comment he's made is that he's not worried and that he's innocent. And what does it matter if he's a 9er or not the facts that we do know are that he's failed the test and that he'd denying it. None of us know anything, so it makes no sense to call him a liar yet.

Any other comment about the case has come from anonymous sources, and he's already denied those.

MTS

Reaction score
How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.[/quote]

I justify my thoughts like this:

If I am someone who is known to be a good athlete (or whatever) and I am accused of cheating, but I was actually innocent, and I knew the reason why something showed I cheated, I would say that straight up and out front as my defense.

In this case:

Sherman now states this container (which probably had a 99.9999999% chance of NOT containing adderall anyway) was the cause of the positive test because his container "broke".

Okay, if that was the absolute first story he told, I would be willing to give due process.

But the first story he told was "well I drank from a dirty water bottle and didnt know it".

Why would he tell that story first?

If you really believe he is innocent, you are a very clueless or very biased individual.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... for-friday

"Sherman says he unknowingly drank from a teammate's contaminated bottle".

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.

misfit

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you watched NFL Countdown, but Schefter said this is said to be his defense.

When they took his sample, the cup was leaking. So the person grabbed another cup to catch any urine that was leaking, but the second cup that he grabbed had a broken seal on it, which could mean it was contaminated.

Sherman has a shot to beat this, brehs.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing him because:

A). He has a lot to lose.
B). Guy and Browner also tested positive.
C). I have taken these tests in the military and for the airlines and for the Govt.
D). I have administered these tests.
Re: C&D). The process by which these sample are gathered and tested is pretty relatively uniform and failsafe.
His story is laughable.

Due process Is for the justice system. I am not a part of that. I am one man's opinion. And I suspect he is full of crap (and adderall).

I hope his lawyers keep him on the field though.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the standard of review is for appeals...whether it's just a preponderance of evidence or whether it's steeper. Does anyone know?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
HE DENIED "THE ACCIDENTALLY DRANK THE DIRTY WATER BOTTLE" STORY ALREADY PEOPLE

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MTS":lsnx1v14 said:
How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.

If I am someone who is known to be a good athlete (or whatever) and I am accused of cheating, but I was actually innocent, and I knew the reason why something showed I cheated, I would say that straight up and out front as my defense.

In this case:

Sherman now states this container (which probably had a 99.9999999% chance of NOT containing adderall anyway) was the cause of the positive test because his container "broke".

Okay, if that was the absolute first story he told, I would be willing to give due process.

But the first story he told was "well I drank from a dirty water bottle and didnt know it".

If you really believe he is innocent, you are a very clueless or very biased individual.

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.[/quote]

He never told the first story. Quit being a hater

MTS

Reaction score
So the writer of that story just made that up for fun or did Sherman change his mind?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MTS":3vh7hqi7 said:
How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.

In this case:

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.[/quote]

The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

In an ongoing case why would he talk about his defenses and give the opposition a heads up?

You are either very clueless or a very biased individual.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MTS":mz5a92xk said:
So the writer of that story just made that up for fun or did Sherman change his mind?

Why would you run your mouth without knowing all that there was to the story? You hate liars, but easily believe lies. I can see where your hatred comes from if you are that easily duped.

MTS

Reaction score
The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

In an ongoing case why would he talk about his defenses and give the opposition a heads up?

You are either very clueless or a very biased individual.[/quote]

Yes, the writer of the story really loved making that part up! :)

Next, you act like this is a case where someone robbed someone else. What does the NFL get for suspending a player that makes them a lot of money? :snack:

Finally, do you have ANY idea how unlikely/improbable it is for the broken cup or the new cup was to be LACED with adderall...what a nice coincidence, seeing as how Browner was caught with Adderall, too.

Man! It all points to his innocence!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MTS":14isr3d7 said:

Next, you act like this is a case where someone robbed someone else. What does the NFL get for suspending a player that makes them a lot of money? :snack:

Finally, do you have ANY idea how unlikely/improbable it is for the broken cup or the new cup was to be LACED with adderall...what a nice coincidence, seeing as how Browner was caught with Adderall, too.

[/quote]

It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco

Barthawk

Reaction score
Chain of custody is what he is hanging his hat on and the specimen collector aka the meat gazer should have had him piss again.

I have done several urinalysis' as a collector and if chain of custody is compromised the results are worthless. Even if we handlers broke the seal, we throw away the sample and have the soldier resubmit.

I agree that the results are prolly accurate but if they were that clumsy during the collection, what the heck happens after the piss is out of sight?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MTS":2z4oqhp8 said:

[/quote]

:49ersmall:

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm gonna love the hatred even more when Seattle wins it all with Sherman playing a big part in the winning.