Update on sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 am
  • If the seal was broken then he has a case. I get DOT testing done all the time. At the time the sample is taken they seal it, usually right in front of you, then it gets sent off for testing.

If he witnessed a broken seal he should have submitted another sample.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 am
  • If the seal was broken and he can prove it then this case should be dropped and the entire testing system of the NFL would need a review and correction.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 am
  • His claim is bogus. Hopefully his lawyers can make it stick. I would bet on the NFLs lawyers, though.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 am
  • If the cup can't hold the piss you must dismiss!
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am
  • Love it, I'll take a technicality
    wanderinghawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am
  • The fair thing would be to give him another test with the agreement it would cost him 6 to 8 games if it is positive or elect to take the four game suspension.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 am
  • pugs1 wrote:If the cup can't hold the piss you must dismiss!

HA!

blue 22
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:His claim is bogus. Hopefully his lawyers can make it stick. I would bet on the NFLs lawyers, though.

Right now, all I care about is that he can cause enough question that it needs to be further investigated and pushed into the next league year, thus allowing him to continue to pay this season.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:11 am
  • First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?
    Last edited by MTS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 am
  • Unless any of you doubters were in the room holding his hog then you have no basis for calling him a liar.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• I have a hard time believing that the sample was contaminated but it doesn't matter what I think. I still hope he can beat this because we need him for the playoff run, it would be great to have both him and Browner back for a push.

Be smarter next time Richard.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Why do you assume he's lying?
    brettb3
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 am
  • What lies?
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 am
  • MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Not that I necessarily believe it, but did you ever think that maybe he's telling the truth? How about some credit for due process?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?

How do u know he's lying? And do u honestly believe that every other team is 100% clean? If u do, u are seriously blind.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Unless any of you doubters were in the room holding his hog then you have no basis for calling him a liar.

Oh really? What if he played for the SF 49ers? What would your story be then?

You do know... if his new story was the truth and he is innocent, this would have been the story he told from the very beginning. But, was it? No... hmmm what do your critical-analysis abilities tell you?

NO, I don't think ANY NFL team is completely clean and I hope all of those who cheat get caught and serve their punishment.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 am

How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 am
  • MTS wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Unless any of you doubters were in the room holding his hog then you have no basis for calling him a liar.

You do know... if his new story was the truth and he is innocent, this would have been the story he told from the very beginning. But, was it? No... hmmm what do your critical-analysis abilities tell you?

First off niner troll, I would back a player that was wronged no matter the color of jersey so kick rocks. If you believe that bogus first story that came out then you have already proven your ignorance.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 am
  • If he can prove the seal was broken, I don't see any suspension sticking, no matter what. Of course, he does play for Seattle.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 am
  • MTS wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Unless any of you doubters were in the room holding his hog then you have no basis for calling him a liar.

He's never told his "story" or reasoning, only comment he's made is that he's not worried and that he's innocent. And what does it matter if he's a 9er or not the facts that we do know are that he's failed the test and that he'd denying it. None of us know anything, so it makes no sense to call him a liar yet.

Any other comment about the case has come from anonymous sources, and he's already denied those.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 am
  • How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.[/quote]

I justify my thoughts like this:

If I am someone who is known to be a good athlete (or whatever) and I am accused of cheating, but I was actually innocent, and I knew the reason why something showed I cheated, I would say that straight up and out front as my defense.

In this case:

Sherman now states this container (which probably had a 99.9999999% chance of NOT containing adderall anyway) was the cause of the positive test because his container "broke".

Okay, if that was the absolute first story he told, I would be willing to give due process.

But the first story he told was "well I drank from a dirty water bottle and didnt know it".

Why would he tell that story first?

If you really believe he is innocent, you are a very clueless or very biased individual.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... for-friday

"Sherman says he unknowingly drank from a teammate's contaminated bottle".

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.
    Last edited by MTS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sherman's Real Defense per Schefter
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am
  • I don't know how many of you watched NFL Countdown, but Schefter said this is said to be his defense.

When they took his sample, the cup was leaking. So the person grabbed another cup to catch any urine that was leaking, but the second cup that he grabbed had a broken seal on it, which could mean it was contaminated.

Sherman has a shot to beat this, brehs.
    misfit
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am
  • I have a hard time believing him because:

A). He has a lot to lose.
    B). Guy and Browner also tested positive.
    C). I have taken these tests in the military and for the airlines and for the Govt.
    D). I have administered these tests.
    Re: C&D). The process by which these sample are gathered and tested is pretty relatively uniform and failsafe.
    His story is laughable.

Due process Is for the justice system. I am not a part of that. I am one man's opinion. And I suspect he is full of crap (and adderall).

I hope his lawyers keep him on the field though.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 am
  • I'm curious as to what the standard of review is for appeals...whether it's just a preponderance of evidence or whether it's steeper. Does anyone know?
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 am
  • HE DENIED "THE ACCIDENTALLY DRANK THE DIRTY WATER BOTTLE" STORY ALREADY PEOPLE
    Last edited by Killa Kam on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 am
  • MTS wrote:How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.

If I am someone who is known to be a good athlete (or whatever) and I am accused of cheating, but I was actually innocent, and I knew the reason why something showed I cheated, I would say that straight up and out front as my defense.

In this case:

Sherman now states this container (which probably had a 99.9999999% chance of NOT containing adderall anyway) was the cause of the positive test because his container "broke".

Okay, if that was the absolute first story he told, I would be willing to give due process.

But the first story he told was "well I drank from a dirty water bottle and didnt know it".

If you really believe he is innocent, you are a very clueless or very biased individual.

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.[/quote]

He never told the first story. Quit being a hater
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:28 am
  • So the writer of that story just made that up for fun or did Sherman change his mind?
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Sherman's Real Defense per Schefter
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 am
  • If this is true the collection was done wrong.

They should have discarded the cups and made him repee.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 am
  • MTS wrote:How do you know he is lying? Maybe he is telling the truth, so much for innocent until proven guilty. I am willing to see how things play out before I shape my views on the matter.

In this case:

Come on, now. It cant get much more obvious.[/quote]

The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

In an ongoing case why would he talk about his defenses and give the opposition a heads up?

You are either very clueless or a very biased individual.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:31 am
  • pugs1 wrote:If the cup can't hold the piss you must dismiss!

P
    Winner!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 am
  • MTS wrote:So the writer of that story just made that up for fun or did Sherman change his mind?

Why would you run your mouth without knowing all that there was to the story? You hate liars, but easily believe lies. I can see where your hatred comes from if you are that easily duped.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:33 am
  • The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

In an ongoing case why would he talk about his defenses and give the opposition a heads up?

You are either very clueless or a very biased individual.[/quote]

Yes, the writer of the story really loved making that part up! :)

Next, you act like this is a case where someone robbed someone else. What does the NFL get for suspending a player that makes them a lot of money? :snack:

Finally, do you have ANY idea how unlikely/improbable it is for the broken cup or the new cup was to be LACED with adderall...what a nice coincidence, seeing as how Browner was caught with Adderall, too.

Man! It all points to his innocence!
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:33 am
  • I like to read
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 am

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 am
  • MTS wrote:The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

Next, you act like this is a case where someone robbed someone else. What does the NFL get for suspending a player that makes them a lot of money? :snack:

Finally, do you have ANY idea how unlikely/improbable it is for the broken cup or the new cup was to be LACED with adderall...what a nice coincidence, seeing as how Browner was caught with Adderall, too.

[/quote]

It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 am
  • "repee" ....excellent

:34853_doh:
    :49ersmall:

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am
  • Chain of custody is what he is hanging his hat on and the specimen collector aka the meat gazer should have had him piss again.

I have done several urinalysis' as a collector and if chain of custody is compromised the results are worthless. Even if we handlers broke the seal, we throw away the sample and have the soldier resubmit.

I agree that the results are prolly accurate but if they were that clumsy during the collection, what the heck happens after the piss is out of sight?

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 am
  • MTS wrote:The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

[/quote]

:49ersmall:
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:39 am
  • I'm gonna love the hatred even more when Seattle wins it all with Sherman playing a big part in the winning.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am
  • It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco[/quote]

I don't know about San Francisco, I have actually never even been there before. I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way. They just make millions why you cheer them on like little girls and could easily play for a different team next year without sadness) and anyone (even supporters of your team) that make comments that may be negative towards one of your little babies, "OH! You are a TROLL! You are an idiot! I hate you! Don't talk bad about my family! Whaaa!!!"

And somehow I am from San Fran? Good god, dumb@ss. Get real and get a life. Sherman isn't your dad, brother, or son. You have no real connection to this random dude. Im sorry I stated my opinion that makes a lot of sense to a lot of other people outside of die-hard obsessed Seahawks fans (even some of you agree).

SMH. Pathetic.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 am
  • i wonder with all the money the NFL has, why are they peeing in a cup? Cut off one of the dreads, thats what my company does
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am
  • People please get your quotes right! I'm thoroughly confused with comments not being quoted as intended, being attributed to the wrong poster, etc.

Sherman has nothing to gain by going public with his case now. Coaches are coy with injuries because they don't want to give away anything to their opponents (even if it's a miniscule advantage), the same logic applies to Sherman. There's nothing to gain by disclosing details to the media, and there's potential for loss. I'd be shocked if Sherman's lawyer(s) hadn't told him to keep quiet about the appeal.

Also, changing his story? From your link

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last month that Sherman told friends he didn't know he was ingesting Adderall when he drank from a teammate's bottle.

So, Rapoport, at best, heard it from a friend of Sherman. That's not anything filed with the league to contest the case, nothing made to a media member, just a rumor that someone says came from a friend of Sherman. The source could be a fake, could've misheard or misunderstood, the writer could've misunderstood the source, Sherman could be bs'ing this friend because he knows the friend can't keep quiet. The point is not that any one of these is right, but that any one of these could occur and for that reason, yes, I believe Sherman when he says that story is not his defense... that's not the same as believing Sherman is innocent of the PED use, btw.
    Last edited by Snohomie on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am
  • MTS wrote:I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way).

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:48 am
  • Greenhell wrote:
    MTS wrote:It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco

I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way).

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.[/quote]

No, what is states is that I am a fan, but a fan that understand how it all works. Its a money making entertainment machine. Thats all fine and well, but when you get super-pathetically obsessed to the point where you are arguing people on forums, calling them names because they state an opinion about a random player and get offended, you need help (and a life).
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 am
  • MTS wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:
    MTS wrote:It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco

I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way).

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.

No, what is states is that I am a fan, but a fan that understand how it all works. Its a money making entertainment machine. Thats all fine and well, but when you get super-pathetically obsessed to the point where you are arguing people on forums, calling them names because they state an opinion about a random player and get offended, you need help (and a life).[/quote]

Looks like forums are not the place for you if you cannot handle it.
    Last edited by CurryStopstheRuns on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 am
  • Sherman never said he didn't take Adderall or any other PED. All he said was that the truth would come out and that he would be ok. Besides, it is illegal for any NFL employee or player to comment on a pending suspension appeal.

The defense here reminds me a lot of Ryan Braun a couple years ago. Positive for steroids, but sample tampered with (protocol not followed), therefore results thrown out.

This could work. If Sherman can subpeona the test taker and he admits to using a broken cup then I don't see how the results hold up.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 am
  • The complete absence of any facts or data here are leading to quite a lot of petty bickering. Every argument hear has been based on hearsay. Did he do it? I suspect that he did. Will he be suspended? I suspect so.
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:52 am
  • Oh yeah, his defense will definitely work if this is the case, but the point is...

should that make you happy, that someone who cheated gets away with it? It happens all of the time, sure, but when you have the chance to catch and punish someone, you don't?

sigh...
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 am
  • MTS wrote:Oh yeah, his defense will definitely work if this is the case, but the point is...

should that make you happy, that someone who cheated gets away with it? It happens all of the time, sure, but when you have the chance to catch and punish someone, you don't?

sigh...

Yes. It would make me happy.

I'm all for morality. But i'm even more all for the Seahawks winning a Super bowl.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information