Can someone explain this Tanzania thing?

Smoke

Reaction score
Almost forgot that Calvin Was on the cover this year. Im just going to shut up now

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He could still die in a jet ski accident. I mean, what are the actual stipulations for the Madden curse anyway?

JKent82

Reaction score
-The Glove-":w6udbdj5 said:
Smoke":w6udbdj5 said:
Disprove the Madden Curse
Calvin Johnson breaking Jerry Rice's yardage record

That was just to make everyone think it didn't exist. Next week he shatters his legs.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Tan-za-nia - clap clap clap clap clap
Tan-za-nia - clap clap clap clap clap

I still like it way better than "Let's go Seahawks with claps"

Or the all too familiar slow and dreadful one side says "Goooooooooo" and the other side says "Seahawwwwwwks". Then within 20 seconds they are overlapping each other and it all falls apart.

Whoever pipes in the music... please... please... please.... sneak a "tan-za-nia" chant with claps in tomorrow. You owe it to the hawks. You owe it to the fans. You owe it to the WORLD!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3lo7dzg6 said:
Or the all too familiar slow and dreadful one side says "Goooooooooo" and the other side says "Seahawwwwwwks".

Oh no you didnt!!!

Thats the one and only organized fan cheer in any sport that i've ever actually liked. I generally HATE any fan chant or organized cheer, including the wave.

I miss it. I dont think its been done since the Kingdome days. :(

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
bestfightstory":ir8k8fpj said:
Dom took his wife to The Zanzibar in Toronto.
what's your favorite posish? That's cool with me it's not my favorite, but I'll do it for you. What's your favorite dish? I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":379a4jkf said:
bestfightstory":379a4jkf said:
Dom took his wife to The Zanzibar in Toronto.
what's your favorite posish? That's cool with me it's not my favorite, but I'll do it for you. What's your favorite dish? I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!

Yes! Haha. I had to look it up to be sure but I knew I'd heard it somewhere.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":dgq7sxwo said:
RolandDeschain":dgq7sxwo said:
It's retarded superstition. Just like the Madden Curse.

^ All the explanation needed. :)

Yet before every game you feel the need to trash it because you feel like they win whenever you do.

images
Psh, I'm just playing a role; like you. You pretend to honestly believe it, and I give you crap over it and throw it back in your face by bashing it and taking credit for our two huge wins as of late. Though...IS IT really coincidence that we've raped our last two opponents, coinciding with my outspoken hatred of Tanzania? :D

Smoke":dgq7sxwo said:
Almost forgot that Calvin Was on the cover this year. Im just going to shut up now
No, no, it's alright. Clearly the Madden Curse is real, despite massive evidence to the contrary. ;-)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":qkh1dgjl said:
Madden Curse is not real. Tanzania is very very real.
Of course it's real. You can go there. Wait, you didn't mean Tanzania affecting the chances of the Seahawks winning, did you? ;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
These actual pieces of Tanzania will be in the CLink tomorrow. I'm given her all she's got captain!

IMG_20121222_191942.jpg

IMG_20121222_234050.jpg

SharkHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zrrmsp2 said:
SharkHawk":1zrrmsp2 said:
Or the all too familiar slow and dreadful one side says "Goooooooooo" and the other side says "Seahawwwwwwks".

Oh no you didnt!!!

Thats the one and only organized fan cheer in any sport that i've ever actually liked. I generally HATE any fan chant or organized cheer, including the wave.

Don't get me wrong J. In theory I like the fact that this has been our number 1 cheer for years, and anytime I have gone to a game, or even at home I get involved. I just hate how it peters out so quickly because of how slow it is. One side finds themselves yelling over the other and it dies.

If it were changed slightly then I think it would be much more effective and last longer. Like when I used to go to a lot of Utah Jazz games they used to do the same thing, but it ran into the same problem. Then they changed it up and started just having everybody yelling "Go Jazz, Go Jazz, Go Jazz" rather than "Go..... Jazzzzzzzzz" and having it from opposite sides. Even adding "Let's" to the beginning of Go Seahawks and having everybody do it then it might not die a quick and messy death like it always seems to especially at the times when I think it really helps get the D going.

Hawk Haole

Reaction score
If you take the numerical value of each letter in Tanzania and divide by eight (the number of letters in Tanzania) it equals............12. Hmmmmmmm.......

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Throwdown":3nb6ilfo said:
Chapman":3nb6ilfo said:
Dont worry Roland thinks its his duty to be a ass in any thread that can be remotely spiritual in any way.( jokingly or otherwise)
If he can't see it, touch it, hear it, or taste it, it doesn't exist.
It was probably one of his ancestors that told Ben Franklin that electricity would never work.

So Roland doesn't think women exist either?
This is funny because it's true.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20yuumi7 said:
SharkHawk":20yuumi7 said:

Oh no you didnt!!!

I miss it mainly for how organized it was. The current "SEA-HAWKS" chant that is done in the stadium is always impromptu and NEVER in sync. NEVER. Each quadrant of the stadium does it on it's own, and they never sync up. Would sound so much cooler if the video board helped in some way.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30bfy53i said:
Zebulon Dak":30bfy53i said:
Madden Curse is not real. Tanzania is very very real.
Of course it's real. You can go there. Wait, you didn't mean Tanzania affecting the chances of the Seahawks winning, did you? ;)
Dare I ask how you feel about the influence of the 12?