Michael Irvin on the Kevin Calabro Show

Shaz

Reaction score
I listened to the Interview and he was pretty damn classy on eating his crow and explaining why he said what he said.

Alot of people joke about his past and whatnot but that guy has made peace with what he's done and how much he's messed up, I don't care who you are, you have to respect that.

I enjoyed it

djb28

Reaction score
Aros":hi1wibtv said:
I won't even bother listening. Seriously, like what else is he going to say to a Seahawks-centric audience? He'll just be blowing smoke and hot air like he always does.
That is not smoke he is "blowing"

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Damnit, I wanted to hate on Irvin but that was pretty classy and well put, I think he's a little crazy, but I respect his loyalty and competitiveness. I also respect his honesty, on some level it was a relief to hear a tv personality admit that a producer wanted things a specific way, he had to "bury" a team, he chose poorly. :mrgreen:

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1dapro5x said:
Damnit, I wanted to hate on Irvin but that was pretty classy and well put, I think he's a little crazy, but I respect his loyalty and competitiveness. I also respect his honesty, on some level it was a relief to hear a tv personality admit that a producer wanted things a specific way, he had to "bury" a team, he chose poorly. :mrgreen:

yeah and his reasoning was sound, he didn't want to "bury" his old coach. I can understand that.

bellingerga

Reaction score
-The Glove-":30dbxexs said:
Scottemojo":30dbxexs said:
49fansince70":30dbxexs said:
wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.
We also hate Jerry Rice.
Speak for yourself. I love Jerry Rice. Favorite player of all time.

Yeah Jerry was the man. Hard not to like the absolute best WR to ever suit up. He was as close, in my opinion and in his prime, to the Michael Jordan of the NFL as you could get at the time. Just a man among boys out there making it look easy.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2fo1mc2n said:
The only way I would care about that interview is if the first question they ask him is: "So Mike, what drugs were you on when you said that the Seahawks would lose the rest of their games?"

I have to agree with Dr. Diags. I caught that interview yesterday ... and believe it or not, Irvin had some very interesting things to say. There were actually some gold nuggets there amongst all the dross.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":7yvynn9w said:
I listened to the interview. He made some good points about leadership. He ate his crow. I don't like watching or listening to him as an analyst but I understand some of the things he was trying to say in this interview. He admits to being a Cowboys homer and considers himself a fan. That is the problem with the NFLN guys. They are ex-players who are fans of a particular team so they sometimes cannot be rational.

Prime is just as much a hater on teams he has not played on or doesn't think highly of. The worse is Sterling Sharpe going on and on about his Green Bay Packers. We get it, you played for the team. Why tie other game tape to your favorite team. It is silly and unprofessional. Though, if I were a Packers fan, I would be sucking it up like crazy.
I don't know, Douchebag Faulk is about as bad as Sharpe. His hatred for the Seahawks is as plain as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face (all you young guys never mind.....Doc and the other old guys will get that reference).

BadGuy711

Reaction score
We all hate the blatant homerism on NFLN. Until Hass retires and joins. Then we'll love it.

blue 22

Reaction score
irvin is crazy but he is a good guy. people need to lighten up. faulk on the other hand is a douche

aku

Reaction score
Ha. Here's the description of the segment:

Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin explains why he believes the Seahawks are set up to succeed for a long time. He also tells us why he has been blown away by rookie quarterback Russell Wilson and discusses why he thinks the Seahawks can do some damage in the playoffs.

I'm only 5:00 in, but it sounds like his reason for changing his mind entirely over the course of a week is that he actually watched one of their games. Also, apparently his producer told him he had to take a crap all over one team, either San Diego or Seattle. He went with Seattle because he "knows Norv".

I've never cared much about Irvin one way or another, but this interview is making it really explicit that he has no credibility as an analyst. It's kind of surreal listening to Calabro asking his opinion on the Seahawks as if he's shown any kind of actual knowledge of the team.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
aku":3ozxdglv said:
Ha. Here's the description of the segment:

Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin explains why he believes the Seahawks are set up to succeed for a long time. He also tells us why he has been blown away by rookie quarterback Russell Wilson and discusses why he thinks the Seahawks can do some damage in the playoffs.

I'm only 5:00 in, but it sounds like his reason for changing his mind entirely over the course of a week is that he actually watched one of their games. Also, apparently his producer told him he had to take a crap all over one team, either San Diego or Seattle. He went with Seattle because he "knows Norv".

I've never cared much about Irvin one way or another, but this interview is making it really explicit that he has no credibility as an analyst. It's kind of surreal listening to Calabro asking his opinion on the Seahawks as if he's shown any kind of actual knowledge of the team.

Don't you get it? None of them have any credibility.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
This pretty much says what many of us thought. The NFLN and ESPN channels aren't about sports it's about manipulating viewers. So the truth is an incidental thing if it happens to be there OK, if not they don't care.

Axx

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1ab2h484 said:
Donk70":1ab2h484 said:
Unless you can't stand Hass. I'm guilty of that

NFZqt

As funny as i thought his crow video for the Seahawks was i still hate the fact that how he downplayed the Seahawks so badly, he was picking us to lose 27-7... Biggest Homers live in Texas

49fansince70

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gk1q2on said:
49fansince70":3gk1q2on said:
wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.
We also hate Jerry Rice.

back in the old usenet days we'd discuss things like Irvin's cocaine usage and that time he stabbed that guy in the neck with scissors. About all they had to come back with on Rice was the fi-fi haircut and getting busted in a massage parlor.

olyfan63

Reaction score
v1rotv2":i8smghiy said:
This pretty much says what many of us thought. The NFLN and ESPN channels aren't about sports it's about manipulating viewers. So the truth is an incidental thing if it happens to be there OK, if not they don't care.

^^ This, and TV/Media in general, it's all about triggering our emotions. Just like ESPN chose their "bad replacement refs" angle on the Tate catch that sunk the Packers on MNF and refuses to show other camera angles and other interpretations. There's a producer there dictating what angle they'll take with a given story, and the "analysts" may not always get to choose the "side" they take. After all, if they choose a boring-but-factual angle, it would be bad for ratings!

pehawk

Reaction score
How could ANYONE hate Irvin? I dont get it.

Blow, strippers, fur coats,l SB's AND the best teammate any Cowboy has ever had (their words). He worked harder, longer and faster than anyone on the team. He worked as hard as our Russell Wilson does - he just chose to live his personal life differently.

We're such a girly fanbase.