If NOT the Seahawks

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
If NOT the Seahawks
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 pm
  • Could it be Atlanta that reps the NFC?

The way the media treats them, "they're good but", reminds me ALOT of how the 2005 Hawks team was spoken about. Like that 2005 team, the Falcons have been to the playoffs previously, and fell short as a group. No doubt they learned from it.

That offense is pretty stacked. And, their defense is underrated, again like the Hawks 2005 team.

My gut's telling me they're going to tougher than what the media gives them credit for.

Those fans may have a right to whine about media "disrespect" more than us.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: If NOT the Seahawks
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:38 pm
  • Atlanta does not scare me. While there are a few similarities between this team and our 2005, they don't control the ball like we did with Alexander.

Their passing attack with Ryan to Jones, Gonzalez and the last dude I can't remember are a site to see, but they are very close to becoming a one-dimensional team.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:44 pm
  • The similarities I referenced we're solely based upon their media attention and perceptions.

My hunch is Smith has been keeping Turner fresh for the playoffs. But, I'm not sure if you can just put a rushing attack on pause.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:48 pm
  • Aha, then yeah the Falcons are flying under the radar in the same manner as the '05 Seahawks.

In the NFC, I like the Niners just due to their tenacity. They don't seem to quit.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:49 pm
  • Good point.

I would add Houston in the AFC.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:49 pm
  • They have a ton of weapons. Personally I think they'd be even better if they made Quiz Rogers the focal point of their running game rather then Michael Turner.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:16 pm
  • I'll acknowledge that any team can win at any time, but I think that the Falcons won't go anywhere in the playoffs just like always. They are already a one dementional offence, and they have looked way too beatable against teams like Oakland, plus they have lost to a team like Carolina. Same ol' Falcons imo. Obviously y'all can deduce who my first choice for repping the NFC is, second would be the Seahawks, third.... I think everyone rlse out side of the 9ers are scrubbs so I guess I'll go with them.
    NWCheeseHead
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 pm
  • Atlanta's defense is old and tired. Run the ball at them and they will fold like a deck of cards.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:32 pm
  • Falons better hope they don't meet us or the 9ers in the playoffs.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 pm
  • There is a lot of people dismissing Atlanta because of past playoff history. That is dumb.

They have the pieces, and they have Mike Nolan. That D is way better than past years.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 pm
  • I don't see Atlanta getting past either the 49ers or the Packers in the playoffs. Maybe the Packers, as they will be at home, but not the 49ers. 49ers defense is just too good and so is the 49ers offense. OK, so if you toss the Giants as a common opponent into the mix, it gets really baffling, as Giants pounded the 49ers on the road, and Falcons pounded the Giants at home, so it's a crazy league, but I think with time to prepare, SF will slow down Atlanta's offense just enough, and the 49ers will make enough big plays and run the ball on the Falcons and have Kaepernick make some plays that will put the 49ers over the top, even on the road.

If Green Bay is the home team in the playoffs against the 49ers, that would be a total toss-up game, and I would go with a red-hot Aaron Rodgers and a decent Packers defense at home, in a very close game.

Seattle can beat any of those teams, but on the road, who knows, but other teams have done that. I'm hoping for a wildcard run to the Super Bowl, like the Steelers in 2005, like the Packers in 2010, and the Giants in 2007. The worst regular season record for a team that ran the table and won the big one as a Wild Card was 10-6, both the 2010 Packers and 2007 Giants.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm
  • Atlanta sucks. They are struggling at Detroit.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:02 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:There is a lot of people dismissing Atlanta because of past playoff history. That is dumb.

They have the pieces, and they have Mike Nolan. That D is way better than past years.

Falcons have had really great seasons for the last 2 years. They have even been one of the top two seeds previously and they were bounced out of the playoffs each time (one and done). How is that not a valid point?
    NWCheeseHead
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 pm
  • NWCheeseHead wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:There is a lot of people dismissing Atlanta because of past playoff history. That is dumb.

Falcons have had really great seasons for the last 2 years. They have even been one of the top two seeds previously and they were bounced out of the playoffs each time (one and done). How is that not a valid point?

Because this year is not last year or the year before, silly.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:08 pm
  • NWCheeseHead wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:There is a lot of people dismissing Atlanta because of past playoff history. That is dumb.

Mike Nolan? I think I said that before.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 pm
  • Eh, until they show me that they can brake that trend I still find it to be a valid point. If it was the only reason I had for thinking they were not going to get it done I'd agree that it is silly, but I have more and it is not.
    NWCheeseHead
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Atlanta sucks. They are struggling at Detroit.

And we got beat in Detroit
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 pm
  • NWCheeseHead wrote:Eh, until they show me that they can brake that trend I still find it to be a valid point. If it was the only reason I had for thinking they were not going to get it done I'd agree that it is silly, but I have more and it is not.

I see. I thought the thread was asking what could happen in the future but you are more of a historian than a prognosticator. My bad.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:44 pm
  • Yeah, I don't really feel comfortable dismissing them. What they do, is what they just finished 5 minutes ago. Mostly dominate, anywhere they play.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    NWCheeseHead wrote:Eh, until they show me that they can brake that trend I still find it to be a valid point. If it was the only reason I had for thinking they were not going to get it done I'd agree that it is silly, but I have more and it is not.

I see. I thought the thread was asking what could happen in the future but you are more of a historian than a prognosticator. My bad.

Actually if you review my previous posts you'd see that I prognosticate just fine without citing historical trends. I just think that it is stilly to entirely dismiss them until a team has proven that they have moved past them. However if that is the only basis for a conclusion, yes that is silly.
    NWCheeseHead
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm
  • After the Hawks beat the skins they will beat the Falcons. It would be great if the Giants could repeat their performance of last season. It would then allow the Hawks to host the NFC Championship.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:56 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Could it be Atlanta that reps the NFC?

The way the media treats them, "they're good but", reminds me ALOT of how the 2005 Hawks team was spoken about. Like that 2005 team, the Falcons have been to the playoffs previously, and fell short as a group. No doubt they learned from it.

That offense is pretty stacked. And, their defense is underrated, again like the Hawks 2005 team.

My gut's telling me they're going to tougher than what the media gives them credit for.

Those fans may have a right to whine about media "disrespect" more than us.

gotta say the Falcs are a team to be reckoned with, no doubt about it but I also have to say GB and maybe Skinnies are in the tougher divisions? then the NFCW, pound for pound I would say NFCW but their record speaks otherwise..

someone will compile a strength of schedule and at that point it just may be the NFCW? as they played the AFCE (2 games under .500) and the NFCN (3 games over .500)

I have to hope the Rams go 7-8-1 and the cards 7-9-0 to finish up which would salvage a very respectable NFC West @ 36-26-2

mathematically possible for a division to have 4 13-3-0 records, be cool to see that some day, the best 4 team reformation record is the 2007 AFC South at 42-22-0, no team under .500
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:31 pm
  • We've done a good job shutting down #1 receivers, but it'll be fun trying to shut down two of them.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 pm
  • If Seattle doesn't go, it will be Green Bay. Denver will rep the AFC.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information