Boise State vs Washington.. what do y'all think?

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Last years Boise team was really amazing.. They would have been in any game that they played. I mean, they had six players drafted, two of which were in the first round. Honestly, if they would have had a somewhat decent kicker, they more than likely would have been playing for the national championship. People always say that Boise is only good because they are in a weak conference.. But my gosh, the PAC-12 chose Utah and Colorado over BSU. Granted, they got an invite to the stupid Big East (which I'm pretty sure that they will try to stay in the Mtn west), they just haven't had the chance to prove themselves. Coach Pete is a very very good coach. I think he would figure out a way to stay in every game. Granted, this year they would have been killed in a good conference. Just wait until next year, when Nick Patti is starting and dominating.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
No the Pac-12 chose Utah and Colorado because of academics. Seriously stop Boise fans. Wow you had a whole 6 players drafted? Thats routine over here. You play nobody and have crap academic standards. Accept it. I'm glad you find them amazing. I chose to watch the highest level of football and sorry but you aren't amazing. You are D2 amazing, Big Sky amazing. The real bowl games occur New years Eve.

P.S. Please schedule Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Something's gotta get fixed on the offense this offseason, whether its getting Miles and Price to duke it out or getting that oline in shape, its gotta happen. Huskies won't survive another year like this one and I don't even know the 2013 schedule.

CPHawk

Reaction score
One question SECfan. How can you be a fan of a conference? Is that so you don't have to live with the highs and lows of being a fan? That's like being Sweden. Wonder if there is a NFC West fan out there someplace?

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Haha you are right. The SEC is only interested in scheduling games with U of I. My mistake man, my apologies.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SEC FAN":2f8ze0t7 said:
Are you questioning weather or not I am a Seahawk fan?

No, didn't even cross my mind. Just how are you a fan of all the SEC, and not a team?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I moved out here 6 years ago. I have no allegiance. I lived in Federal Way/Tacoma for over 30 years.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":tixfyotd said:
Haha you are right. The SEC is only interested in scheduling games with U of I. My mistake man, my apologies.

Don't make yourself look stupid. Strength of schedule. Boise plays nobody and they have lower academic standards. Thanks for proving that.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Honestly man, I didn't mean to piss ya off. Just saying, Boise does try to schedule tougher games.. They have since they were in the WAC. A lot of teams do not want to play them because there is always a chance that they might get "embarrassed" from a "crap" team. In fact, because Boise had to play Hawaii in Hawaii, I'm pretty sure they had an extra game this year. Pretty sure that they wound up having two bye weeks. Not saying that the SEC is bad by any means, in fact it is no doubt the strongest conference in college, but why not pick up an extra game with Boise? There has got to be another college other than Georgia that would love for the opportunity to beat down Boise in their own house. I mean, if LSU wants to pick up a game against Idaho, why not have Alabama or Florida play BSU? I would LOVE to see Boise vs Florida, considering Florida has Boise's old OC. Pretty sure that would make for an excellent game..

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
That's why U of I plays those types of games. They get nearly $1 million for each of those games that they play. Considering the geniuses running that awesome program are deciding to go independent next year, they need all the money they can get.

Throwdown

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":3eusz403 said:
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/12/11/the-college-football-top-25-as-ranked-by-academics/

Totally right man! Boise has HORRIBLE acedemics! Stanford must be a bunch of morons as well..

Thats just the top 25, you can't tell me anyone smart goes to or went to Oregon, c'mon man!

pinksheets

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":xxo5ip95 said:
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/12/11/the-college-football-top-25-as-ranked-by-academics/

Totally right man! Boise has HORRIBLE acedemics! Stanford must be a bunch of morons as well..
That's about the academic progress and success of the athletes, not the academic quality of the university as a whole.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":17nnhz5z said:
But my gosh, the PAC-12 chose Utah and Colorado over BSU.

ruffENrowdy":17nnhz5z said:

I was just trying to tell you why Boise wasn't invited into the Pac-12. You made it sound like they chose Utah and Colorado over Boise. Boise made that decision for them. Boise has lower academic standards. Its been years for me but the SAT score that was acceptable when I played ball was that you had to have a 700 SAT combined with a 2.5 GPA to get into a D1 University. If the Pac-12 sets a standard at a 900 SAT and a 3.0 GPA than that is the standard. You have to achieve a certain amount of credits, etc. Just like a teammate of mine got a full ride at WSU but if he wanted to get into UW he had to go get his academics up at the JC route first. I don't know who has the worst academic standards in the Pac-12 but it used to be WSU and I think Oregon State. Obviously Boise isn't even at that level.

Thats why they didn't get an invite to the Pac-12. And for the record I don't think anyone is a moron who gets a college degree. I wasn't trying to offend anyone from Boise, I was just stating the facts.

Happy Holidays and enjoy the win.

canzag

Reaction score
So on Price-If Sark does not open the QB job for competion he is nuts.He really regressed this year.2 big time recruits finished redshirt seasons and one is on the way.I would open the job and let the best guy win it.

The big Boise state senior corner has a bit of a Seahawk look to him.I could see it.Cannot have enough big corners.

Throwdown

Reaction score
canzag":19twsj21 said:
So on Price-If Sark does not open the QB job for competion he is nuts.He really regressed this year.2 big time recruits finished redshirt seasons and one is on the way.I would open the job and let the best guy win it.

The big Boise state senior corner has a bit of a Seahawk look to him.I could see it.Cannot have enough big corners.

Jamar Taylor?

Is he really "BIG" like 4 of our guys are? he's 5'11, but I'd take him.