Not sure if I understand this (can we win the division?)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • OK, let's just assume both SF and we win our last games. I can't imagine San Francisco losing to the Arizona team I saw us play, even if they sat most of their starters. I think we'll beat the Lambs, but they are getting better and present more of a challenge than the lowly Tards.

So if we win tomorrow, that would put us at 11-5, but it would put SF at 11-4-1, plus their division record is better. So am I correct in the assumption that a wildcard is likely the best we can hope for no matter what?
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• If Seattle wins out and SF loses out, we win the division. Unlikely that SF would lose at home to AZ but not impossible. Any other scenario and Seattle is a wildcard at best.
    TheHawkDoc
    NET Rookie

• The only way we can win the division is if we win out and San Fran loses out.
    Grahamkrackker253
    NET Bench Warmer

• The only way we can win the division is to win our two remaining games while SF loses their two remaining games.

I don't think that is very likely either (that SF will lose to Arizona).
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Hawk Strap wrote:If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.

Thanks man! I was so confused!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• Excellent, now I understand. I didn't realize Ron Fairley was on this board :)

"If you score more than the other team.........you're gonna' win the game"
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawk Strap wrote:If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.

Thankyou John Madden.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.

And our early season loss to STL and PHX. Oh well, rebuilding woes.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.

no it was the game in SF, should have won that one... the red headed step child thing ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• We want the 5th seed or the #2 seed. not the #3 seed.... so it needs to go down in the following..
    To get the #2 seed and have a 1st round bye, Green bay and san fran must each lose one of their last 2 games. and seattle must win out.
    to Get the #3 seed seattle needs to win out and san fran lose out.
    to get the #5 seed. .seattle needs to win out.

IF the season ended today... the 5th seed would most likely end up like this through the play offs
    Most likely the 5th seed is the easiest path for us.. all 3 road games.. if today would be Sea @ Washington, than Sea @ Atlanta than Sea @ san fran

I think anyhow
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• Do we get to vote for these representatives of the conferences?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:Do we get to vote for these representatives of the conferences?

No, there's an electoral college that is "chosen" to make the best possible choice.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• Math. It's what's for dinner.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• rastahawk wrote:
    Hawk Strap wrote:If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.

Thankyou John Madden.

What about Brett Farve? John Madden, do you like Brett Farve?
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan1975 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.

And our early season loss to STL and PHX. Oh well, rebuilding woes.

As much as anyone (not just the quoted poster) wants claim rebuilding woes, we only had one new starter on defense this season and we had fourth quarter leads in four of our five losses. That is a defense that didn't get the job done when it counted.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• The tie game was deadly....

DAMN YOU LAMBS!!!!!!!!!!

or we can play the Lions and Dolphins game.

Yes I was at the worst game of the Seahawks this year, it sucked, except Leon's kickoff return and 1st Quarter defense.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information