Michael Irvin on the Kevin Calabro Show

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Michael Irvin on the Kevin Calabro Show
Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 pm

• I won't even bother listening. Seriously, like what else is he going to say to a Seahawks-centric audience? He'll just be blowing smoke and hot air like he always does.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• No doubt, he's not even worth the time. Coke head punk
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I can barely understand him when he talks anyways. All those coke lines have turned his brain into mush and he is less than articulate.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I honestly can't believe he is back on t.v.

The guy was a mess and got fired from espn . and now he is a mess again. he is a Drug addict and Cowboy addict. two things the world can do without.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• The only way I would care about that interview is if the first question they ask him is: "So Mike, what drugs were you on when you said that the Seahawks would lose the rest of their games?"
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:I won't even bother listening. Seriously, like what else is he going to say to a Seahawks-centric audience? He'll just be blowing smoke and hot air like he always does.

Nice avator Aros.. :)
    :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: Is that a practice trophy? :sarcasm_off:
    Bobblehead
    NET Starter

• Is Calabro actually going to show up for work today? It is a Festivus miracle.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.
    49fansince70
    NET Practice Squad

• 49fansince70 wrote:wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.

I'm pretty sure most Cowboys fans hate Irvin too. Even when the dude played he was a big pain in the ass.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• 49fansince70 wrote:wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.

We also hate Jerry Rice.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• 2 things. Why do people need to listen to this asshat, and why is it relevant to the Seahawks?
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• everytime i hear Irvine he always says Seattle has no chance then he brings up the Cowboys and says how they will win the super bowl
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    49fansince70 wrote:wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.

I'm pretty sure most Cowboys fans hate Irvin too. Even when the dude played he was a big pain in the ass.

Really? You sure? The person who's practice and work ethics are Hall of Fame, like his professional football career? I've never heard any Cowboy NOT say Irvin was the best teammate they've ever had.

I cant attack the poster - so I'll attack the post. The post is the most clueless, knee-jerk, ill-timed post we'll see today. Kinda like Irvins Seahawks babble.

I get it, Irvin hurt your feelings because he picked the Hawks to lose. Just say that though, talk about how he made you sad inside. Leave the football for others.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• found the podcast.
    http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... bro%20Show

Why did Irvin pick Seattle to lose? He said he thought Seattle was a better team and they shouldve won but he picked Seattle to lose because someone told him he had to in order to create "controversy"
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Michael Irvin said some really nice things, he also had a fairly legitimate excuse for saying what he said about Seattle two weeks ago. It's worth a listen.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Scottemojo wrote:
    49fansince70 wrote:wow, you guys hate Irvin too? Maybe we can use that as a foundation to a happier, healthier relationship.

We also hate Jerry Rice.

Speak for yourself. I love Jerry Rice. Favorite player of all time.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• <----------

He liked us, once. :)
    six sigma
    NET Rookie

• I listened to the interview. He made some good points about leadership. He ate his crow. I don't like watching or listening to him as an analyst but I understand some of the things he was trying to say in this interview. He admits to being a Cowboys homer and considers himself a fan. That is the problem with the NFLN guys. They are ex-players who are fans of a particular team so they sometimes cannot be rational.

Prime is just as much a hater on teams he has not played on or doesn't think highly of. The worse is Sterling Sharpe going on and on about his Green Bay Packers. We get it, you played for the team. Why tie other game tape to your favorite team. It is silly and unprofessional. Though, if I were a Packers fan, I would be sucking it up like crazy.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    Though, if I were a Packers fan, I would be sucking it up like crazy.

Exactly.....and have you noticed the number of fans that show up where ever they play? Yes...even at The Clink!!! Makes me want to barf!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I listened to the Interview and he was pretty damn classy on eating his crow and explaining why he said what he said.

Alot of people joke about his past and whatnot but that guy has made peace with what he's done and how much he's messed up, I don't care who you are, you have to respect that.

I enjoyed it
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Aros wrote:I won't even bother listening. Seriously, like what else is he going to say to a Seahawks-centric audience? He'll just be blowing smoke and hot air like he always does.

That is not smoke he is "blowing"
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• Damnit, I wanted to hate on Irvin but that was pretty classy and well put, I think he's a little crazy, but I respect his loyalty and competitiveness. I also respect his honesty, on some level it was a relief to hear a tv personality admit that a producer wanted things a specific way, he had to "bury" a team, he chose poorly. :mrgreen:
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:Damnit, I wanted to hate on Irvin but that was pretty classy and well put, I think he's a little crazy, but I respect his loyalty and competitiveness. I also respect his honesty, on some level it was a relief to hear a tv personality admit that a producer wanted things a specific way, he had to "bury" a team, he chose poorly. :mrgreen:

yeah and his reasoning was sound, he didn't want to "bury" his old coach. I can understand that.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:

We also hate Jerry Rice.

Speak for yourself. I love Jerry Rice. Favorite player of all time.

Yeah Jerry was the man. Hard not to like the absolute best WR to ever suit up. He was as close, in my opinion and in his prime, to the Michael Jordan of the NFL as you could get at the time. Just a man among boys out there making it look easy.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• He did own up to it, and I found myself thinking he was less douchy
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:The only way I would care about that interview is if the first question they ask him is: "So Mike, what drugs were you on when you said that the Seahawks would lose the rest of their games?"

I have to agree with Dr. Diags. I caught that interview yesterday ... and believe it or not, Irvin had some very interesting things to say. There were actually some gold nuggets there amongst all the dross.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• drdiags wrote:I listened to the interview. He made some good points about leadership. He ate his crow. I don't like watching or listening to him as an analyst but I understand some of the things he was trying to say in this interview. He admits to being a Cowboys homer and considers himself a fan. That is the problem with the NFLN guys. They are ex-players who are fans of a particular team so they sometimes cannot be rational.

Prime is just as much a hater on teams he has not played on or doesn't think highly of. The worse is Sterling Sharpe going on and on about his Green Bay Packers. We get it, you played for the team. Why tie other game tape to your favorite team. It is silly and unprofessional. Though, if I were a Packers fan, I would be sucking it up like crazy.

I don't know, Douchebag Faulk is about as bad as Sharpe. His hatred for the Seahawks is as plain as the nose on Jimmy Durante's face (all you young guys never mind.....Doc and the other old guys will get that reference).
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• We all hate the blatant homerism on NFLN. Until Hass retires and joins. Then we'll love it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @BadGuy711
    BadGuy711
    NET Practice Squad

• irvin is crazy but he is a good guy. people need to lighten up. faulk on the other hand is a douche
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• Ha. Here's the description of the segment:

Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin explains why he believes the Seahawks are set up to succeed for a long time. He also tells us why he has been blown away by rookie quarterback Russell Wilson and discusses why he thinks the Seahawks can do some damage in the playoffs.

I'm only 5:00 in, but it sounds like his reason for changing his mind entirely over the course of a week is that he actually watched one of their games. Also, apparently his producer told him he had to take a crap all over one team, either San Diego or Seattle. He went with Seattle because he "knows Norv".

I've never cared much about Irvin one way or another, but this interview is making it really explicit that he has no credibility as an analyst. It's kind of surreal listening to Calabro asking his opinion on the Seahawks as if he's shown any kind of actual knowledge of the team.
    aku
    NET Rookie

• aku wrote:Ha. Here's the description of the segment:

Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin explains why he believes the Seahawks are set up to succeed for a long time. He also tells us why he has been blown away by rookie quarterback Russell Wilson and discusses why he thinks the Seahawks can do some damage in the playoffs.

I'm only 5:00 in, but it sounds like his reason for changing his mind entirely over the course of a week is that he actually watched one of their games. Also, apparently his producer told him he had to take a crap all over one team, either San Diego or Seattle. He went with Seattle because he "knows Norv".

I've never cared much about Irvin one way or another, but this interview is making it really explicit that he has no credibility as an analyst. It's kind of surreal listening to Calabro asking his opinion on the Seahawks as if he's shown any kind of actual knowledge of the team.

Don't you get it? None of them have any credibility.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• This pretty much says what many of us thought. The NFLN and ESPN channels aren't about sports it's about manipulating viewers. So the truth is an incidental thing if it happens to be there OK, if not they don't care.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Donk70 wrote:Unless you can't stand Hass. I'm guilty of that

MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• MidwestHawker wrote:
    Donk70 wrote:Unless you can't stand Hass. I'm guilty of that

As funny as i thought his crow video for the Seahawks was i still hate the fact that how he downplayed the Seahawks so badly, he was picking us to lose 27-7... Biggest Homers live in Texas
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:

We also hate Jerry Rice.

back in the old usenet days we'd discuss things like Irvin's cocaine usage and that time he stabbed that guy in the neck with scissors. About all they had to come back with on Rice was the fi-fi haircut and getting busted in a massage parlor.
    49fansince70
    NET Practice Squad

• v1rotv2 wrote:This pretty much says what many of us thought. The NFLN and ESPN channels aren't about sports it's about manipulating viewers. So the truth is an incidental thing if it happens to be there OK, if not they don't care.

^^ This, and TV/Media in general, it's all about triggering our emotions. Just like ESPN chose their "bad replacement refs" angle on the Tate catch that sunk the Packers on MNF and refuses to show other camera angles and other interpretations. There's a producer there dictating what angle they'll take with a given story, and the "analysts" may not always get to choose the "side" they take. After all, if they choose a boring-but-factual angle, it would be bad for ratings!
    Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• Donk70 wrote:Unless you can't stand Hass. I'm guilty of that

Omg...Just leave. Even if you hate Hass the QB, you have to love Hass the personality.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• How could ANYONE hate Irvin? I dont get it.

Blow, strippers, fur coats,l SB's AND the best teammate any Cowboy has ever had (their words). He worked harder, longer and faster than anyone on the team. He worked as hard as our Russell Wilson does - he just chose to live his personal life differently.

We're such a girly fanbase.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Donk70 wrote:Unless you can't stand Hass. I'm guilty of that

Omg...Just leave. Even if you hate Hass the QB, you have to love Hass the personality.

Ive tried to like him, but I just can't. Always goes back to the "we want the ball and we're going to score". Plus, I never liked his corny sense of humor.
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information