Barnwell's Pro Bowl team...Hawks well represented

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • His thoughts on the Pro Bowl teams in each conference. 5 starters out of 22 in the NFC is pretty good. I was surprised to see two offensive linemen make it. You guys are a lot closer to the team and I am guessing there are a few who watch the line pretty close. Have you noticed Okung and Unger being that good this year?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/876 ... e-pro-bowl
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• Unger and Okung should absolutely be in consideration. They may not win, but they should be in consideration.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MysterMatt needs to see this re: Unger.

And

Wow. 7 of 11 defenders are from the NFC West
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Thats awesome! Respect for the Hawks feels weird though.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Yes, amazing how from 2008 - 2011 when we won a grand total of 23 regular season games we received no support or media love.

Now when we're 9-5 and the hottest team in the league the accolades are pouring down from all around. You cannot turn on a National Sports Show this week without hearing talk about Russell Wilson.

Anyone hearing a lot of Jaguars, Chiefs, Raiders or Chargers talk these days?

Wins = Respect & Discussion. End of story. [well except for the Texans nobody cares about them].

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• JonRud wrote:Yes, amazing how from 2008 - 2011 when we won a grand total of 23 regular season games we received no support or media love.

Now when we're 9-5 and the hottest team in the league the accolades are pouring down from all around. You cannot turn on a National Sports Show this week without hearing talk about Russell Wilson.

Wins = Respect & Discussion. End of story. [well except for the Texans nobody cares about them].

That's right!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• JonRud wrote:

Could it be that quality players>wins? Don't you have to have quality players to make wins? Well, unlike the black hole in Hawk history that was the end of Ruskell's time as GM, we've got quality players in spades.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Unger is having a pro bowl season undoubtedly. He's a very good run blocking and a key component of Tom Cable's running style which prefers interior rushing. On top of that, he's been penalized just once this season and hasn't given up a sack. If Unger doesn't get it, it's a pretty massive snub. Okung deserves it too. I suspect both will make it. Seattle's offense is on fire right now and the league is noticing. OL is the only area besides QB where a pro-bowl invite seems to make sense. A top 5 offense should definitely have at least a couple representatives, and Okung/Unger are having pro-bowl worthy seasons. As is Lynch, obviously.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    JonRud wrote:Yes, amazing how from 2008 - 2011 when we won a grand total of 23 regular season games we received no support or media love.

That's right!

Agreed. Unless you're the Jets or the Cowboys that is. They could be total ass and still be front page news.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information