2012 vs 2005

Which season had you more pumped at Wk 16?

Votes: 53 49.1%

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Other (if there was another feel free to post it)

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

seahawk2k

Reaction score
"That was the most physical game I've ever been a part of."

Who said this? Tiki Barber after the Giants game in 2005.

I think all this "soft" talk about the Hawks is a little revisionist. They had size and pretty damn solid depth on the defensive line. The linebackers could hit, the secondary was very deep. They ran the ball whenever they wanted wherever they wanted.

That team, was not soft. Some other Holmgren teams were, but lets not let our revisionist history cloud that.

11 wins in a row. Absolutely dominating performances week after week. 13-3, number 1 seed. I was absolutely walking on air by week 16 because we were about to sew up HFA. I was pretty damn confident the Hawks were going to Detroit.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
2005 for the reason already mentioned that they were locking up the #1 damn seed, and this team hasn't even clinched a playoff spot, yet. Damn, the 2005 team was good.

Also, there wasn't the cloud over the team where it concerned major players like Jason Jones, Browner, and Sherman which could lead to a playoff downfall.

Now...2013 might hold the best yet, but we'll see.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I wasn't as confident in our 2005 team as I am with this current roster. That being said, 2005 still takes the cake as having me the most excited. I couldn't believe were games away from the #1 seed!

garydrake425

Reaction score
Other. I want to see this year play the rest of the way out before i make that kinda pick. I have a feeling next year is gonna be the best team anyway. We lost some really close games this year and im hoping to see those turn to wins next year. 2013 is gonna be the year we run the table. You heard it here first. :0190l:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jayburd14":35ozzs0b said:
I voted this year because I think we are the begining of something great, I just have this feeling that the 2010s decade is going to be for the Seahawks, what the 2000s were for the Patriots, what the 90s were for the Cowboys, what the 80s were for 49ers, what the 70s were for the Steelers, what the 60s were for the Packers. In 2005 I just felt we were in a 2-3 year window and remember Holmgren was in his 7th Season and everyone was at his peak at that time.

+1

2005 was bitter sweet in that we all knew that Hasselbeck wasn't an elite QB yet he was having an elite year. And if we couldn't win the Lombardi trophy that year, we weren't likely going to do it anytime soon. The stars were all aligned yet we still came up short in the end.

For the 2012 team, I have absolutely no reservations about their future. The sky is their limit. Unbounded... and that's such a sweet feeling to bask in.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
garydrake425":3qhcfvq7 said:
Other. I want to see this year play the rest of the way out before i make that kinda pick. I have a feeling next year is gonna be the best team anyway. We lost some really close games this year and im hoping to see those turn to wins next year. 2013 is gonna be the year we run the table. You heard it here first. :0190l:

I know it's a tad confusing, but this is meant as a gauge of how you are feeling right now about the current season and how you FELT in 2005 at this same point of the season. It's not mean to compare teams or seasons, just individual fan reaction and perception at this time of the season now vs. then. Any feelings we may have about the seasons each in their entirety has to wait until the off season, which is hopefully still many weeks away

nsport

Reaction score
2012 team feels like a team that is on the verge of a dynasty
2005 team felt like it was at its peak

So excitement for two different reasons... loving both teams IS an option!

Rainger

Reaction score
I will take this 2012 team over the 2005 10 to 1. I dont look at where the 2005 team got.

There was alot that went right for them to get there.

The 2012 team is the most dominate team the Hawks have ever had in their 37 year history barr none.

Do not care what you nay sayers say.

madbohem

Reaction score

first year the hawks made the playoffs. I think the team we have now is the best we have ever had, and with far more potential then any team we have ever had for years to come. But how can you take away 1983 from a 13 year old boy? No comparison for me.

Rainger

Reaction score
madbohem":206onf05 said:

first year the hawks made the playoffs. I think the team we have now is the best we have ever had, and with far more potential then any team we have ever had for years to come. But how can you take away 1983 from a 13 year old boy? No comparison for me.
lol cause 13 year old boys have colored eyes. I was there this team is way better than that team.

PS I was in my 30's then they were good but this is the most complete dominate team we have ever had.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
2005 was a great year for the Seahawks and a great team...but it was also a year for Mike Holmgren to really show us a playoff win. I remember how strong the "win in the playoffs or else" sentiment was. The win that year against the Redskins was more relief than anythign else...because we finally won in the playoffs.

And looking back, that team may have peaked at the right time in 2005 and started their descent the next year...

This team in 2012 is still a ways from peaking it would seem.

Latest posts