Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Cleveland Browns could have an offense consisting of.... Colin Kaepernick, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson

How?

In the 2011 draft, take Julio Jones #6 overall instead of trading down with Atlanta. In round two, Kaepernick was drafted #36 and the Browns selected at #37. A modest move up the board would've secured the quarterback. The subsequent year - take Trent Richardson in the 2012 draft as they did anyway.

Instead, the Browns got Phil Taylor, Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

(Obviously the Browns 2011 record could've been different in this scenario, meaning they wouldn't be in position to get Richardson. But... yeah)

Buffalo Bills could have an offense consisting of... A.J. Green and Colin Kaepernick

How?

In the 2011 draft, Buffalo passed on Green and Julio Jones to take Marcell Dareus. In the second round, they drafted 'bust already' Aaron Williams one pick before Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were taken by Cincinnati and San Francisco respectively.

Imagine an offense consisting of Kaepernick, C.J. Spiller, A.J. Green, Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson.

This is less convoluted than the Browns projection given both picks were readily possible in the same draft. Instead of owning one of the more explosive offenses in the NFL, Dareus and Williams are part of one of the most expensive and inept defenses in the league.

I bet it's great being a Browns or Bills fan...

Post subject: Re: Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 pm 
NET Veteran

The Seahawks could have an offense consisting of.......

Oh wait a second, we actually did everything right :)

And they could all have had Wilson for a lesser price and he's also a better player. Just saying.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 am 
NET Veteran

Well you could say that almost any team with QB struggles this year could've had Russell Wilson.

Hell, the Redskins could've held on to all those picks and taken Wilson before us in the third.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 am 
NET Starter

Yeah the Bills. Part of me wants to say something but I'm trying to be a more positive person. I like their colors, how about that.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 pm 
NET Veteran

If we're playing the coulda game, we coulda had Geno Atkins, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Randall Cobb, etc.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 am 
NET Veteran

Erebus wrote:
If we're playing the coulda game, we coulda had Geno Atkins, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Randall Cobb, etc.

I would have been tickled with just Atkins. A fourth round DT that can push the pocket AND get sacks. STUD.

Makes you wonder why he slipped to the 4th round.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 pm 
* NET Nobody *

I wanted Geno Atkins so bad, he was part of my sig. Especially after he dominated in the Senior Bowl, or was it EastWest? He's been my only missed wish player.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]