49ers on Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
High scoring (I have 27-24 Hawks in my prediction thread) or low scoring, it will be close. Probably 6 points or less.

themunn

Reaction score
It's going to be 42-0 Hawks.
Calling it now.

3 rushing TDs by Lynch and 4 passing TDs by RW.

By god I need them in the fantasy superbowl against Cam Newton (playing the Raiders) and Adrian Peterson.

grizbob

Reaction score
Is it Sunday yet?! The butterflies in my stomach have had too much time to multiply :180670: :49ersmall:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
themunn":2aq9dfry said:
Calling it now.

By god I need them in the fantasy superbowl against Cam Newton (playing the Raiders) and Adrian Peterson.
Your math is off...unless you have us converting 0 PAT's

themunn

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2vv2wk26 said:
themunn":2vv2wk26 said:
Calling it now.

Your math is off...unless you have us converting 0 PAT's

Ha I don't know why but I always get 6*7 and 7*6 confused
And I know what you're thinking "hang on, they equal the same thing!"
That's why I get confused

Scottemojo

Reaction score
My wild card for this game is, you guessed it, Wilson. So far, he has faced exactly one team a second time, and he made sure not to repeat his mistakes. Now, that game got out of hand for the Cardinals in a hurry, so we only saw 13 passes from Wilson. But I suspect this student of the game is not going to repeat his mistakes.

Not worried about pride over 50 points handicapping this squad, if we were playing a team we had beaten already maybe. I am pretty sure watching game film from the first loss will sober anyone high on points up real quick.

There is no quit in either of these teams, and the brutality in this game figures to be astounding. For the Niners, I think their wild card is their safeties. They are hitters, and Bevell needs to keep our pass catchers aware of them. I think we can use that aggression against them with some well placed dimes on double moves up the seams.

schkoot

Reaction score
I feel privileged that my one and only hawks game I will attend in person will be this one. This is a great rivalry in the making.

The BEST part of winning this game would be that SF can't rest their starters vs AZ; because if they lose and we win in week 17, we take the division...

925NinersFan

Reaction score
This game is going to be epic for sure. Our rivalry is getting more and more intense, and I can see many great battles between our teams for years to come. I've got confidence is my Niners as long as Kaep can handle the noise. He did well at the Superdome in NO, and I'm sure Harbaugh is prepping him for Clink since this ain't our first foray in your stadium and we know what to expect. We pulled out the win last year at your house (even tho Lynch broke our non-rushing TD record which admittedly sucked), and while you guys aren't the same team with Wilson at the helm, neither are we with Kaep.

So while you guys have the edge in home field advantage, we've got the edge in coaching (Harbs is 5-1 all-time against Carroll).

In my opinion coaching advantage > noise advantage.

captSE

Reaction score
I am nervous only because the 49ers have had our number the last few games but who wouldn't be? If the 49ers win, I will be satisfied that we lost to a highly probable super bowl team. But I am optimistic about this game.

But I am feeling good that we almost kicked some 49er ass with a very young QB earlier this season IN San Francisco. We did lead in points for the first half.
Back then I would say that the 49ers should have put us away with no problem. After all, they were the team that had been there already, were already gelled and I would say their QB and offense were a bit more polished than we - at least thats what the experts say and who's to argue - I didn't.
Our QB impressed a lot of fans then, but still he was a "rookie" and that in it's self means trouble.......usually. It's no secret now that DangeRuss is the real deal.

I am further loving that good feeling in that this game is at Seattle in front of the BEST home crowd in the NFL!
I expect the home crowd to be louder than they ever been and that should certainly frustrate the 49er offense. The 9ers will feel the thunder of Century link field. That's gotta be on their mind.

:49ersmall:

schkoot

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fynr4vw5 said:
You picked a good one schkoot, it's gonna' be EPIC

I am still in disbelief that I will be there... The Mayans better not have been right and wreck this.

I should clarify, it's my only game this season. I try to go to one per year. :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I assume you'll get there nice and early for a lot of pre-funk? I fully expect to have no voice until at least Thursday of next week.

schkoot

Reaction score
Yeah, and I'm still confused as to the best place to go now that the lot over by the viaduct near pyramid (where they are digging the tunnel) is gone. That was the hangout spot!!!

The last few times I've been, I just hung out in the beer garden at the brewery... Great beer--steep prices.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Aros":239xj0zy said:
Any Seahawks fan who thinks we are going to walk onto the field and destroy the 49ers simply because we are at home is in for a rude awakening. Facing the 49ers, the Seahawks are essentially facing themselves - but better. Maybe not in every category or position but all things being equal, the 49ers are essentially the Seahawks in about a year or two. (Not including Russell Wilson, he's already two years into the future).

This game will be decided by turnovers and the trenches.

No blowouts. A close brawl to the finish. Having said that, I do legitimately give the Seahawks the edge due to the best home field advantage in the NFL. The 12th Man is no joke. That's not simply a Seahawks fan's opinion stated on a Seahawks message board, that's a simple fact that cannot be denied once it is experienced be it other players, coaches, broadcasters or fans.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. (Although if Gore and Kap get the stomach flu before the game I won't mind).

No Aros, that's only one of the reasons why we are going to destroy the 49ers.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Shane Falco":dpg5vezm said:
Aros":dpg5vezm said:
Any Seahawks fan who thinks we are going to walk onto the field and destroy the 49ers simply because we are at home is in for a rude awakening. NO RUDE AWAKINGS HERE. Facing the 49ers, the Seahawks are essentially facing themselves - but better. Maybe not in every category or position but all things being equal, the 49ers are essentially the Seahawks in about a year or two. (Not including Russell Wilson, he's already two years into the future).

This game will be decided by turnovers and the trenches.

No blowoutsWRONG. A close brawl to the finish. Having said that, I do legitimately give the Seahawks the edge due to the best home field advantage in the NFL. The 12th Man is no joke. That's not simply a Seahawks fan's opinion stated on a Seahawks message board, that's a simple fact that cannot be denied once it is experienced be it other players, coaches, broadcasters or fans.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. (Although if Gore and Kap get the stomach flu before the game I won't mind).

No Aros, that's only one of the reasons why we are going to destroy the 49ers.

It's so much more then just simply being at home! As Scott said 2nd time around for Sir DangeRuss plus home field, plus we are not who they thought we were! In your thread I predicted 51-24 Hawks and actually believe it will happen with both offense and defense points. So I guess I humbly disagree with your statement Aros. (Grandfather to Grandfather)

GO HAWKS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
925NinersFan":3dj0lhg7 said:
This game is going to be epic for sure. Our rivalry is getting more and more intense, and I can see many great battles between our teams for years to come. I've got confidence is my Niners as long as Kaep can handle the noise. He did well at the Superdome in NO, and I'm sure Harbaugh is prepping him for Clink since this ain't our first foray in your stadium and we know what to expect. We pulled out the win last year at your house (even tho Lynch broke our non-rushing TD record which admittedly sucked), and while you guys aren't the same team with Wilson at the helm, neither are we with Kaep.

So while you guys have the edge in home field advantage, we've got the edge in coaching (Harbs is 5-1 all-time against Carroll).

Not sure why you're saying harbaugh (ha, iPad autocorrects harbaugh to "garbage") has out coached PC in a game that hasn't happened yet. To flat out say he's a better coach is somewhat offensive actually. So if that's your master plan to overcome the noise, you better regroup.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
925NinersFan":2l0ood3s said:

I love how Niners fans say this. Which coach was winning championships in college? Carroll. So, a couple specific games between them in college really means absolutely nothing. Plus, Harbaugh's the one that had the once-in-a-generation QB talent. Then, we lost to you guys twice last year; with a considerably inferior overall team, and we would have won one of those if we didn't completely screw the pooch on special teams. Twice. In two minutes. I'm not making excuses, we lost fair & square, but come on; now that we're a good team in all facets is when we'll see what really happens as time goes on. Harbaugh's a good coach, there's no doubt about that, but he also inherited a highly talented player roster that he had to do NOTHING to to go 13-3 in his first year with the 49ers. I mean, come on; Carroll inherited a team on the decline that had a ton of bad players, and he completely remade it from the ground up.

Keep all of that in mind when you make the obligatory "Harbaugh has beaten Carroll more thus far so he's the better coach" statements.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
correct, a premiere game. we'll be playing to it.

cheers to a good game, no injuries!

And welcome to SNF at Clink, Christmas 2012. Late season Seahawks. You should be scared.