Simple Q. Is Wilsons season the best ever for a Seahawk QB?

Best season for a Seahawk QB ever?

• Russell Wilson

Votes: 57 38.8%
  • Matt Hasselbeck

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • Dave Krieg

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Jim Zorn

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Rick Mirer

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Atradees

Reaction score
Russell Wilson hands down.

Thanks Matt for your contributions. You can't compare Wilson's rookie year to Matt's peak year and not see the difference.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I am quite frankly surprised to see Wilson losing this. I thought he would be blowout winning by some of the circle jerk comments i Have read about him.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Undoubtedly Hasselbeck in 05 and 07. But I would rank Russell's rookie season pretty high up on my list ,and that's a huge accomplishment for a rookie. The dude is special..

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2r3o59w9 said:
I am quite frankly surprised to see Wilson losing this. I thought he would be blowout winning by some of the circle jerk comments i Have read about him.

You would need to go back and watch Hasselbeck's prime seasons to understand I think....when he was good he was GOOD.

WarHawks

Reaction score
JrockRichards":1jt9e3up said:
It's getting close, but for overall excitement, it has to be DangerRuss.

I'm excited to see how Wilson finishes the season.

Too early to tell, but Wilson will astonish us in some way the next two weeks to make my vote a solid Wilson. (plus he has more hair)

+1

themunn

Reaction score
It's a tough one
If you took away the first 5 games of the season and looked at Wilson's play over the last 9 games and extended that over the course of a season, I'd say no doubt. But those first 5 games simply weren't great.

That said, New England, Detroit, Miami, Chicago x 2, I don't ever remember Hasselbeck driving down the field for a go-ahead TD with <5 minutes left 5 times in a single season (even if 3 of those leads were lost or tied in the end), nor do I ever remember a Hasselbeck-led team putting up 50 points in a single game, let alone 2 in a season (even if Wilson was not the major factor in the Arizona game).

Right now I'd say it's a tie between Wilson and Hasselbeck.
It all comes down to this weekend's game. If Wilson can post a 90+ QB rating and a win against the NFL's consensus number 1 defense (even though I still prefer ours), and lead the team to victory against the Rams, then I think it has to go to him, regardless of the playoff results

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
RW's coming along (our "rushin" hope), but the glory still resides in Matt's hands as the data flows in.

The Radish

Reaction score
Someone who throws stats and posts at us by the hundreds now admits this?

I'm going Russell Wilson, but mainly because I never saw Hasselbeck play as I was not a fan in the 2005 season. What about you guys?

And here I thought you were really a Seahawks historian. So you've become an expert in just 3-4 years?

What is it they say about "hind sight"?

:roll:

NoChops

Reaction score
It is Hass...no question 05 or 07 take your pick.

Now I will bend over, put my hands on my knees and get ready to take it from every member of .net, in terms of best season..

Rick Mirer had a better rookie season than Wilson :242735:

1st. he was drafted to a two win team.

2nd. He had nobody to throw to. Blades and who? (yeah, he had John L..my fave Seahawk of all time, but come on he was a FB)

3rd. Set Rookie records for att, comp, and yards, that would that would take Mr. Manning to eclipse.

4th. 1993 AFC west where monsters..Chefs 11 wins. Faders 10, Mr. Ed 9, SD 8...(not to mention the Bills and the Oilers at 12 wins)

5th. Played for worst coach in team history.

Mirer>Wilson as a rook. That being said, I'd take Wilson over Mirer for the next 432425259525545359437964764967937295734 drafts and he will make us all forget about any greatest QB discussion by this time next year.

How frikin awesome is Wilson? Gonna be a great Decade or so :th2thumbs:

O.k. at least kiss me before you ........me

zhawk

Reaction score
I loved hass, but wilson has greater upside. wish hass was mentoring him, instead of locker. then again. he may not need it. :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
Dang, Scotte beat me to it.

Hass's 2007 season was the best I can remember. The ONLY thing we could do was pass, the other teams knew it, and still couldn't stop us.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Basis4day":ezt4q4zl said:
Until we get to another Super Bowl it will belong to Hass.

Way to step out on a limb. Jumping on AFTER something happens is for bandwagon fans.

Russell Wilson's stats as a rookie are very close to what Hasselbeck did in his 5th year in Seattle after sitting behind Brett Favre for two years in Green Bay. If Russell as a rookie is comparable to the franchise's BEST year ever for a QB, there is no doubt that this IS the best season ever for the Seahawks QBs. Did anyone think 06 and beyond would be all that great? Does anyone NOT think 2013 and beyond will be great for the Seahawks?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NoChops":3asn0tfl said:
It is Hass...no question 05 or 07 take your pick.

Now I will bend over, put my hands on my knees and get ready to take it from every member of .net, in terms of best season..

Rick Mirer had a better rookie season than Wilson :242735:

1st. he was drafted to a two win team.

2nd. He had nobody to throw to. Blades and who? (yeah, he had John L..my fave Seahawk of all time, but come on he was a FB)

3rd. Set Rookie records for att, comp, and yards, that would that would take Mr. Manning to eclipse.

4th. 1993 AFC west where monsters..Chefs 11 wins. Faders 10, Mr. Ed 9, SD 8...(not to mention the Bills and the Oilers at 12 wins)

5th. Played for worst coach in team history.

Mirer>Wilson as a rook. That being said, I'd take Wilson over Mirer for the next 432425259525545359437964764967937295734 drafts and he will make us all forget about any greatest QB discussion by this time next year.

How frikin awesome is Wilson? Gonna be a great Decade or so :th2thumbs:

O.k. at least kiss me before you ........me

I don't disagree. Mirer played for quite possibly the worst offense coming into that season in NFL history and played terrific ball. He was a master of creating something out of nothing. I remember him making left handed throws when being pulled to the ground and completing them. He was really building something special. His rookie season far outpaced those of HOF guys like Elway, Young, Aikman, Favre, and on and on. But then the wheels just fell off. I think the Bears thought they could "save him", but he just really seemed to lose it. I don't know if it was purely confidence, or if there were injuries involved, or just a general disinterest in the business of football. He seemed pretty happy as a backup. I saw him smiling on the sidelines for the Bears once, and then he had to go in, and he looked PISSED. I'm dead serious. He didn't even hold a clipboard or wear an earpiece. He just stood there with his arms folded smiling.

After his rookie campaign and having the franchise not go out and get him some support and help to develop him with a better coach and so on, then I wouldn't blame the guy for sort of giving up. I think Rick had superstar written all over him. I think he could have been every bit the QB Brett Favre was, with a lot less INTs. It just didn't happen, and I was genuinely surprised, because he knocked my socks off as a rookie and I said I was happily eating my words and maybe it was better that we got Mirer instead of Bledsoe. Oh well. Not everybody improves from year to year, or even cares. Who knows. If I saw Rick today though I'd shake his hand and thank him for his time with the Hawks and for some great memories and some actual HOPE for the future, which I hadn't felt in quite a while.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksfan515":109t4n76 said:

Why would you think he would? We love the dude to death, he's special and may ultimately be the best QB we've ever had, but this isn't a team he's had to carry the load of on his back for the whole season, there's been situations but he hasnt had to do it all, his defense and running game have helped him as well.

Hasselbeck in 2007 was a masterpiece in term of Seahawks QB's.

djb28

Reaction score
I am a Hass Homer but Wilson is a favorite of mine with his production. They are two different QBs with two very different systems and supporting cast. Ask me in 10 years. I may change my mind..

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
As a first year player Wilson is ten times better than Hasslebeck was as a first year player.

As time goes on Wilson will continue to prove to be the better player.

Wilson makes others better. Hasselbeck didn't.

Latest posts