Would you trade the Mariners for an NBA team?

hawker84

Reaction score
as much as i'm down on the mariners, i'd have to say no... but fortunately we can have both.... and as long as NHL stays the hell away i'm good...

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
No. I would trade them for the NHL, but that league is in dire straits with Bettman at the helm. Baseball isn't always terribly exciting game, but it is almost every day from April 1st to November 1st, which for at least the casual supporter is pretty cool.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":lbgvfb5y said:
NBA team: No, NHL team: Yes for sure. But the way that league is run you may have a lockout every 7 years.
True, but with that floating turd that is Howard Lincoln running things the M's won't be watchable until that POS is gone.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just wondering if the next owner we get for the Mariners is going to be a piece of work like every one we have had to date, either delusionary and in way over his head or just a stupid idiot. In this case we have one that doesn't even what this city feels about things since Lincoln and Armstron seem to run interference about stuff.

I'm going back to the days of the Pilots as far as ownership goes.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
No. I know I'll get judged for this statement, but I still trust in what Jack Z is doing with this team. The MLB isn't the NFL, teams aren't turned around in a season (unless you're willing to buy a whole lot of quality FA's, and trade a whole lot of prospects, which is expensive and almost always leads to an unsustainable high).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I love the Sonics but no. Not a chance.

It's funny though, once the Mariners start winning in two years all your "yeses" will change...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":yht77ott said:

It's funny though, once the Mariners start winning in two years all your "yeses" will change...

Luckily we'll have the Sonics and I'll be able to continue my apathetic attitude towards that joke.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1uepbmrs said:

"Once the Mariners start winning in two years"

God I've been hearing that from you guys for over a decade.

I love the optimism, but forgive me if i don't share it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":35uq2o59 said:

Not as long as Lincoln is in charge and Mr.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We're talking about a team who came into the league in '77 and has only been to the playoffs a grand total for 4 times

lemme repeat that

4 TIMES

Team isn't gonna be good in 1-2 skip a few 99-100 years.

But if cats wanna hang onto that ship that's been submerged for some time now, go on ahead and do you.

pinksheets

Reaction score
So the alternative is just assume the Mariners are a dead franchise that will never ever compete again?

I'm sorry, the Mariners have done plenty to lose themselves the benefit of the doubt and even more to raise the ire of fans, but lately the anti-M's stuff has gone from hyperbole to hysteria. Disliking the current owners is one thing, but to write off the franchise entirely? And why do we have to get so damn divisive with our teams and even those local teams' fans? This isn't an either/or and this thread presents a bizarre hypothetical that is purely set to stoke the fire. I love the Seahawks, I love the Sonics, and I love the Mariners. Do the Mariners suck? Yeah, but that doesn't mean we should even start talking about indifference towards the idea of losing them. That type of attitude has presented itself before, we saw it with certain groups the first time they almost left, when the Hawks almost left, and even when the Sonics DID leave. Don't be a part of that crowd.

It's fun to dismiss everything the M's do and to write off everyone who says "they're going to be good in a couple years", but that's just silly. There is a lot to be excited about within the M's organization. Do the owners and the execs suck? Yeah, but we've been pumped about Seattle teams before with awful ownership, that's almost a Seattle tradition. Unless you're going to be a giant payroll team, which the M's will likely never be even with a new owner, it takes a good long while to build a team.

Snohomie

Reaction score
pinksheets":369keuo7 said:
It's fun to dismiss everything the M's do and to write off everyone who says "they're going to be good in a couple years", but that's just silly. There is a lot to be excited about within the M's organization. Do the owners and the execs suck? Yeah, but we've been pumped about Seattle teams before with awful ownership, that's almost a Seattle tradition. Unless you're going to be a giant payroll team, which the M's will likely never be even with a new owner, it takes a good long while to build a team.

And those teams, despite lots of losing to build good young talent, have always been pretty bad. Which is why people write off those who say the team will be good in a couple of years. It's not a dismissal of the positives with the team, but an acknowledgement that the ownership will find a way to ruin the end product.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Seaman":1uhjid8x said:
sammyc521":1uhjid8x said:
MLB is also crap. 162 games and then possible another 28 more?

Really, it can take up to 190 games to determine who is the best?

Heaven forbid that we as sports fans have more sports to watch!!!
For some fans 162 games is great but I am not a fan of the marathon that is the mlb season.

I have never felt that the NFL season needs more games. When I was watching the NBA I felt the same. For mlb, I've prayed for a shortened season forever.

Latest posts