Wilson now resides at my house

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson now resides at my house
Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm
  • First of all, I rarely start topics, so if this goes in a different forum please move it.

My 5 year old son was a borderline Rams fan a few months back. I literally told him I was gonna buy goats and make him walk around behind it cleaning up after it. He decided he didn't like the Rams after all. :thirishdrinkers:

Somewhere between then and now he has ceased being my little Strawberry blonde, stark white (typical redhead skin) skinny little boy and has now morphed into Russell Wilson.

Tonight, after Mommy gave him a bath, as he is standing there stark naked waiting for his pajamas, he flexes his arms and tells his Mom, "I look just like Russell Wilson!" He had smoothed the front of his hair forward, so I guess that is the magic trick.

Right now he is running wild around the house yelling "Russell Wilson this and Russell Wilson that. Touchdown SEAHAWKS!!!" He does this all day long, every day, pretty much. He asks me questions about him all day long.

He's been begging for a Russell Wilson jersey, and there just happens to be one on the way (little brother is getting Earl Thomas).

Now, I guess I'm just waiting for him to inform me that his name is now Russell and may I please call him that... :lol:
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Re: Wilson now resides at my house
Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 pm
  • There are certainly worse hero's that a kid could choose.

I have a feeling a lot of kids are going to "be" Russell Wilson on the school yard fields in the next ten to twenty years.

I was always Steve Largent when i was growing up, even though I ended up throwing the passes, not catching them.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 pm
  • Starrman44 wrote:First of all, I rarely start topics, so if this goes in a different forum please move it.

My 5 year old son was a borderline Rams fan a few months back. I literally told him I was gonna buy goats and make him walk around behind it cleaning up after it. He decided he didn't like the Rams after all. :thirishdrinkers:

Somewhere between then and now he has ceased being my little Strawberry blonde, stark white (typical redhead skin) skinny little boy and has now morphed into Russell Wilson.

Tonight, after Mommy gave him a bath, as he is standing there stark naked waiting for his pajamas, he flexes his arms and tells his Mom, "I look just like Russell Wilson!" He had smoothed the front of his hair forward, so I guess that is the magic trick.

Right now he is running wild around the house yelling "Russell Wilson this and Russell Wilson that. Touchdown SEAHAWKS!!!" He does this all day long, every day, pretty much. He asks me questions about him all day long.

He's been begging for a Russell Wilson jersey, and there just happens to be one on the way (little brother is getting Earl Thomas).

Now, I guess I'm just waiting for him to inform me that his name is now Russell and may I please call him that... :lol:

That is awesome! Thanks for the post!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:08 pm
  • nice
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 pm
  • Pretty awesome to witness them going thru that. Record him and save it if you can.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:There are certainly worse hero's that a kid could choose.

I have a feeling a lot of kids are going to "be" Russell Wilson on the school yard fields in the next ten to twenty years.

I was always Steve Largent when i was growing up, even though I ended up throwing the passes, not catching them.

I was Mickey Mantle. Just shows my age...
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:00 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:Pretty awesome to witness them going thru that. Record him and save it if you can.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I will get him hopefully when he opens the jersey...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 pm
  • When my kid was 11 or 12 I remember him telling me. "Im Rick James Bitch!" I had to stop watching TV with him around. I think Russell Wilson is probably okay.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 pm
  • That is a great story man. Lucky guy! Just imagine if he wanted to be a 9ers fan :shock:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm
  • djb28 wrote:When my kid was 11 or 12 I remember him telling me. "Im Rick James Bitch!" I had to stop watching TV with him around. I think Russell Wilson is probably okay.

Hahahaha...! That's too damn funny.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:That is a great story man. Lucky guy! Just imagine if he wanted to be a 9ers fan :shock:

I'd had to give him a spoon and a cup and go tell him to dig up a gold nugget... :49ersmall:

It's pretty cool. I'm really glad he's getting into the Hawks. His jersey is just going to cement it all. I bet my wife is going to have to wash it every night while he sleeps...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 pm
  • Awesome! Your post made me laugh. (Good job on the Rams anti-propoganda, btw).

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 pm
  • Bestfightstory runs around the house doing the same thing as your son.

It's beautiful.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 pm
  • Ha ha nice story... A Hawk fan in the making most surely
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 am
  • That's right get 'em while they're young! 8) Before you know it he will be a grown man indoctrinating a new generation of Hawk fanatic.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:There are certainly worse hero's that a kid could choose.

I was Mickey Mantle. Just shows my age...

Haha I was Karl Malone...
    Seaman
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 am
  • I clearly remember the days I pretended to be Gary Payton.

Every kid has a hero.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:06 am
  • I was Jordan, but he ended up being a prick ... Oh, right. Well, at least I solved one mystery.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 am
  • For me, when I was between 5 and 10/11, depending on what season and what day it was, I changed. Saturday's I was either Mario Bailey, or Napolean Kaufman, Sunday's I was Brian Blades (Largents last year was the first year I started watching football), and during baseball season I was Ken Griffey Jr. I even taught myself how to switch-hit (so I could hit lefty like him, and mash imaginary dingers with my hat on backwards - granted, it was a stick, and pine cones, but to me, I was immersed in the Kingdom with the roaring crowd)...ah, the simple times.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 am
  • that is cool dude i can remember being griffey during the summer and payton during the winter. my mother still hates gum to this day because of it. god so glad im left handed doing that switch hitting as my brother does now no way. that and me and chad brown and easily i was soo a little monster when i was young. i loved the D the hawks had so any given day i could have been one.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 am
  • Great story.
    I was a combination of Babe Ruth and Sandy Koufax.... a slugging pitcher.
    Hawk Haole
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 am
  • I remember the day my 7 yr old informed me she was princess Fiona, but only during the day, then Dakota at night. I was Bo Jackson. Thanks for sharing
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 am
  • If I was going to have anymore kids I would throw in Russell somewhere in the name. One of my boys is named Derek Mickey..lol
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 am
  • Awesome.

I look forward to when my son does the same thing. (And my wife tries to tell him to be Aaron Rodgers, so I can tell her we want our son to model himself after a doer, not a complainer.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 pm
  • Yeah, it does kinda take me back down memory lane. I was exclusively Largent until I was 10. I lived in Alaska and didn't discover basketball (the only sport I actually played) until we moved to Oregon when I was 10. Then I discovered the Blazers in 1987. So, I was Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter as well.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information