Wilson now resides at my house

Starrman44

Reaction score
First of all, I rarely start topics, so if this goes in a different forum please move it.

My 5 year old son was a borderline Rams fan a few months back. I literally told him I was gonna buy goats and make him walk around behind it cleaning up after it. He decided he didn't like the Rams after all. :thirishdrinkers:

Somewhere between then and now he has ceased being my little Strawberry blonde, stark white (typical redhead skin) skinny little boy and has now morphed into Russell Wilson.

Tonight, after Mommy gave him a bath, as he is standing there stark naked waiting for his pajamas, he flexes his arms and tells his Mom, "I look just like Russell Wilson!" He had smoothed the front of his hair forward, so I guess that is the magic trick.

Right now he is running wild around the house yelling "Russell Wilson this and Russell Wilson that. Touchdown SEAHAWKS!!!" He does this all day long, every day, pretty much. He asks me questions about him all day long.

He's been begging for a Russell Wilson jersey, and there just happens to be one on the way (little brother is getting Earl Thomas).

Now, I guess I'm just waiting for him to inform me that his name is now Russell and may I please call him that... :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There are certainly worse hero's that a kid could choose.

I have a feeling a lot of kids are going to "be" Russell Wilson on the school yard fields in the next ten to twenty years.

I was always Steve Largent when i was growing up, even though I ended up throwing the passes, not catching them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Starrman44":106zm18p said:
First of all, I rarely start topics, so if this goes in a different forum please move it.

My 5 year old son was a borderline Rams fan a few months back. I literally told him I was gonna buy goats and make him walk around behind it cleaning up after it. He decided he didn't like the Rams after all. :thirishdrinkers:

Somewhere between then and now he has ceased being my little Strawberry blonde, stark white (typical redhead skin) skinny little boy and has now morphed into Russell Wilson.

Tonight, after Mommy gave him a bath, as he is standing there stark naked waiting for his pajamas, he flexes his arms and tells his Mom, "I look just like Russell Wilson!" He had smoothed the front of his hair forward, so I guess that is the magic trick.

Right now he is running wild around the house yelling "Russell Wilson this and Russell Wilson that. Touchdown SEAHAWKS!!!" He does this all day long, every day, pretty much. He asks me questions about him all day long.

He's been begging for a Russell Wilson jersey, and there just happens to be one on the way (little brother is getting Earl Thomas).

Now, I guess I'm just waiting for him to inform me that his name is now Russell and may I please call him that... :lol:

That is awesome! Thanks for the post!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pretty awesome to witness them going thru that. Record him and save it if you can.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zweu95d said:

I have a feeling a lot of kids are going to "be" Russell Wilson on the school yard fields in the next ten to twenty years.

I was always Steve Largent when i was growing up, even though I ended up throwing the passes, not catching them.

I was Mickey Mantle. Just shows my age...

OP
OP
Starrman44

Starrman44

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":26qgbvub said:
Pretty awesome to witness them going thru that. Record him and save it if you can.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I will get him hopefully when he opens the jersey...

djb28

Reaction score
When my kid was 11 or 12 I remember him telling me. "Im Rick James Bitch!" I had to stop watching TV with him around. I think Russell Wilson is probably okay.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
djb28":37c256pv said:
When my kid was 11 or 12 I remember him telling me. "Im Rick James Bitch!" I had to stop watching TV with him around. I think Russell Wilson is probably okay.

Hahahaha...! That's too damn funny.

OP
OP
Starrman44

Starrman44

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3himibho said:
That is a great story man. Lucky guy! Just imagine if he wanted to be a 9ers fan :shock:

I'd had to give him a spoon and a cup and go tell him to dig up a gold nugget... :49ersmall:

It's pretty cool. I'm really glad he's getting into the Hawks. His jersey is just going to cement it all. I bet my wife is going to have to wash it every night while he sleeps...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome! Your post made me laugh. (Good job on the Rams anti-propoganda, btw).

Bakergirl

Reaction score
That's right get 'em while they're young! 8) Before you know it he will be a grown man indoctrinating a new generation of Hawk fanatic.

Seaman

Reaction score
GeekHawk":mytsytzo said:
JSeahawks":mytsytzo said:

I was Mickey Mantle. Just shows my age...

Haha I was Karl Malone...

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I clearly remember the days I pretended to be Gary Payton.

Every kid has a hero.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I was Jordan, but he ended up being a prick ... Oh, right. Well, at least I solved one mystery.

Reaction score
For me, when I was between 5 and 10/11, depending on what season and what day it was, I changed. Saturday's I was either Mario Bailey, or Napolean Kaufman, Sunday's I was Brian Blades (Largents last year was the first year I started watching football), and during baseball season I was Ken Griffey Jr. I even taught myself how to switch-hit (so I could hit lefty like him, and mash imaginary dingers with my hat on backwards - granted, it was a stick, and pine cones, but to me, I was immersed in the Kingdom with the roaring crowd)...ah, the simple times.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
that is cool dude i can remember being griffey during the summer and payton during the winter. my mother still hates gum to this day because of it. god so glad im left handed doing that switch hitting as my brother does now no way. that and me and chad brown and easily i was soo a little monster when i was young. i loved the D the hawks had so any given day i could have been one.