Howzit .Net

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Howzit .Net
Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:07 pm
  • Howzit .Net . I wanted to introduce myself. I have lurked here for a while and finally got around to creating an account.
    A little history. In moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago from Hawaii. Which is something that always seems to befuddle people. Well, my wife and I both spent our entire lives there. And it was a great place to grow up. I spent the first 37 years of my life in pursuit of surf, girls and pakalolo. It was a great 37 years. :D
    Then I got married. And had kids. We now live in Bellevue so that my kids could get a good education and so my wife could have a better job. ( I am a stay at home Dad) One of my best friends gave me a parting bit of advice and that was, 'If you want to have any friends up there you better get into football'. The reason he told me that is because up till that point I hated football. I mocked my football loving friends. 'Why do you let yourself get twisted into knots about a team 5000 miles away in a city you've never even visited?' If you live in Hawaii you spend all your free time in the ocean. There's a dozen different ways to have the time of your life in the ocean. Super Bowl Sunday was always a great day to go surfing because there was no one out.
    Anyways, here I am in the beautiful Northwest and I love living here. My friend Downtown Joe took me to my first NFL game at the Clink and I was hooked. It reminded me of big concerts thatI had gone to when I was younger. Just an awesome feeling of unity and shared purpose and excitement....you guys know what I mean.
    I feel very fortunate to have become aware when I did. What an exciting time for football here in Seattle. It must really be something for you old time fans. I'm a convert. I tape all the games and watch them multiple times. I go to as many games as I can. I got my Seahawks gear that I wear with pride. ( My wife got me the most unreal Seahawks coat for Christmas last year). And the best part? My friend who gave me the advice is a San Diego fan and I mock him unmercifully.
    I will be going to the game Sunday night sitting in section 130 with my 13 year old daughter who 'Loves football but doesn't understand it' screaming our heads off.
    Also, I would like to say thanks to the .Net family for all the great football stuff i have learned here.

GO HAWKS!!
    Hawk Haole
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Howzit .Net
Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 pm
  • Welcome to Seahawks.net,,,what a great story.

Hope your friend in San Diego is dying to trade teams with you.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm
  • 'bout time you came around. never to late.

welcome aboard!
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:12 pm
  • Welcome!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm
  • Welcome to the family!

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm
  • :2:
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm
  • I thought you were trying to promote a new website or something at first

Welcome to the NW my friend :2: , we are happy to have you (especially since you are a Seahawks fan now!)

:thirishdrinkers:
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm
  • Aloha!!
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 pm
  • You will be sitting in my section, good choice!

Say hi to Joe and welcome to .NET and the madhouse.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 pm
  • Great to see you on the .net.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 pm
  • Seahawks are ono cuz.. you go seahawks game right brah.. hopefully seahawks buss them niners in da face..

my best attempt at pigeon.. some onolicious grinds at the stadium too.. (not) Spent 8 years on Oahu (95-03).. my kids were 1/2 local by the time we left.. wanted spam/eggs/rice at McDs for the first couple months after we left..

welcome and have fun at the game

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm
  • E komo mai 'ohana! My wife told me to write that. I have no idea what it means, but sounds cool.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 pm
  • You still use tape? (jk).

Welcome. Your transformation is complete and your acceptance into the collective is approved.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm
  • you had me at pakalolo :)
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm
  • v1rotv2 wrote:...your acceptance into the collective is approved.

Resistance is futile.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm
  • Aloha to .NET! Thanks for sharing a very cool story!
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:25 pm
  • Hawk Haole wrote:Howzit .Net . I wanted to introduce myself. I have lurked here for a while and finally got around to creating an account.
    A little history. In moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago from Hawaii. Which is something that always seems to befuddle people. Well, my wife and I both spent our entire lives there. And it was a great place to grow up. I spent the first 37 years of my life in pursuit of surf, girls and pakalolo. It was a great 37 years. :D
    Then I got married. And had kids. We now live in Bellevue so that my kids could get a good education and so my wife could have a better job. ( I am a stay at home Dad) One of my best friends gave me a parting bit of advice and that was, 'If you want to have any friends up there you better get into football'. The reason he told me that is because up till that point I hated football. I mocked my football loving friends. 'Why do you let yourself get twisted into knots about a team 5000 miles away in a city you've never even visited?' If you live in Hawaii you spend all your free time in the ocean. There's a dozen different ways to have the time of your life in the ocean. Super Bowl Sunday was always a great day to go surfing because there was no one out.
    Anyways, here I am in the beautiful Northwest and I love living here. My friend Downtown Joe took me to my first NFL game at the Clink and I was hooked. It reminded me of big concerts thatI had gone to when I was younger. Just an awesome feeling of unity and shared purpose and excitement....you guys know what I mean.
    I feel very fortunate to have become aware when I did. What an exciting time for football here in Seattle. It must really be something for you old time fans. I'm a convert. I tape all the games and watch them multiple times. I go to as many games as I can. I got my Seahawks gear that I wear with pride. ( My wife got me the most unreal Seahawks coat for Christmas last year). And the best part? My friend who gave me the advice is a San Diego fan and I mock him unmercifully.
    I will be going to the game Sunday night sitting in section 130 with my 13 year old daughter who 'Loves football but doesn't understand it' screaming our heads off.
    Also, I would like to say thanks to the .Net family for all the great football stuff i have learned here.

GO HAWKS!!

Hey braddah, like myself, you're living the best of both worlds. I've been in the islands for the past 30 years and reading your passions, we've probably bumped into each other at one point or another, lol. As you know, the 5-0 is polluted by SF fans. You will be missed. ;)

BLITZFAN: Your wife knows her stuff, her invitation is even spelled correctly. E Komo Mai means welcome, Ohana means family. = welcome to the family. She a local girl?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 pm
  • Aye, she spent her first 32 years there. She drops Pidgin on me quite often, I can understand that a bit better than the Hawaiian...but I am tryin :)
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm
  • Welcome!

Hop on over to 133 to meet a couple of us .netters in person. I'm in 133 Row T, seats 15 and 16. I'll be with my daughter (LOVES football)
    that day too. I can also point you in the direction of LudwigsDrummer, just a few rows back.

I'm also heading into the stadium early to hang out over the tunnel and try and get Sherman to sign my daughter's jersey. If you
    see a guy waving a #25 jersey around, just call out "Garth!".
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm
  • Blitzfan wrote:Aye, she spent her first 32 years there. She drops Pidgin on me quite often, I can understand that a bit better than the Hawaiian...but I am tryin :)

She will tell you to pronounce every vowel. In doing so, you will do well. ;) MANY locals go back and forth from here to the NW / Alaska. Oh, and Vegas, LOL. What island is she from (if you don't mind me asking)?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 pm
  • Welcome and enjoy the ride.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 pm
  • welcome.......to seattle...... we are a finicky bunch but fun
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:10 am
  • Cool story, welcome to Seattle, now bring some sunshine and warm weather from Hawaii:)
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am
  • Thanks for the welcome everybody. There are definetly a lot of Hawaii connections up here. Max Unger for one. Blitz...tell your wife ai mahalo. Bart it's funny...every time we get a care package from my wifes family it always has at least 4 cans of Spam in it. We are ready for the apocalypse as far as canned meat goes. Riley, I will look for you. You gave me a good idea about getting to the tunnel. I want to takea lot of pictures Sunday. I have been waiting for this game for months. It has more of the feeling of Christmas than Christmas does.
    Anyway, thanks again everyone.
    GO HAWKS!!
    Hawk Haole
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 am
  • HawkWow...She grew up on Oahu, the leeward side.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:42 am
  • Welcome.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 pm
  • Blitzfan wrote:HawkWow...She grew up on Oahu, the leeward side.

No disrespect to the other women of the world, but Oahu, without question, has the most beautiful women on the planet. The fact you found one willing to leave the friendly confines of Ala Moana, suggests she is beautiful both inside and out.

Ever stroll Kahala mall on a Saturday? OMG. My wife is in my avatar. Her kicks keep me from straying... too far. ;)
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:02 pm
  • HawkWow - I totally agree! The funny thing though... I had been to Pearl many times in the navy, but I didn't meet her there. I met her here in Tacoma. I am very lucky she chose to leave the 'aina behind to come find me.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm
  • The aina no ka oi, but in the near future, my wife and I will be living our "off seasons" in Thailand. Probably 3-4 months of the year. We have been offered positions with Fairtex over there and that should prove to be interesting (if not painful).

Your Mrs is likely missing the weather of her homeland this time of year, no? I'm missing the cold. X-mas has never felt like X-mas here in the islands to me. Anyway, happy holidays to you both!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information