Poinsettia Bowl

ivotuk

Reaction score
Back to pass on 2nd down, sacked for 10 yard loss. 3rd and 20, run the ball by QB. Who is this OC?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kyle Van Noy has more TDs than both teams combined. Did I Mention he blocked a punt?

And he has scored more points than either team. :D

SharkHawk

Reaction score
BYU's kicker (Sorensen) blew out multiple discs in his back. It is sad. The kid used to nail 65 yarders in high school. He's the best prep kicker I've ever seen by far, and I'm not exaggerating. He needs career ending surgery, but there's nothing they can do now. They couldn't add anybody to the roster and thought he'd heal enough by now after the long break, but rumor is that he's in so much pain he can barely stand. I'm surprised the announcers haven't talked about it. Apparently he's risking paralysis by even playing. The punter tried to kick for a while, but he can't hit an extra point either (although he's ok on kickoffs) so they're stuck with Sorensen. Poor kid, he's an awesome guy. My cousin interviewed him quite a bit as he was one of the top recruited kickers in the country and chose BYU because he's local and they've needed a good kicker. He came in and was lights out, and then his back just went (sort of like us ivotuk) and it has ruined his career. He's gutsy though to try to play it out because he feels he owes it to honor his scholly.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Van Noy = absolute monster. He and Cody Hoffman, Ross Apo, Jake Heaps, and Manti Te'o all agreed to come to BYU together. One of these things is not like the other....

If Te'o had come to BYU, imagine how amazing their LBer corps would be with those two. I think BYU may have gotten the better end, but national media has seemed to ignore Van Noy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. At least my back waited until I was in my 40s. He can be thankful for the same thing I'm thankful for, I'm not in a wheelchair. It's no small thing to be able to wipe one's own butt :)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm telling you man... the guy is a freaking freak of freakiness. I've never in my years seen a man as athletic and natural as Ziggy.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I see Hoffman got his numbers in. How did he look doing it? Like a guy who is going to jump to the pros, or a guy who needs another year to build up his stock?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And by the way... thanks for the updates ivotuk! I owe you one. I can't wait to get moved and get my Directv back on and fast internet again. I never realized how much I relied on both things. I guess that tells you something... for better or worse... I needs my technology.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'd say Hoffman needs more time. He's not good enough to overcome the lack of recognition.

My PC went down last week and I'm stuck with my Ipad. Not conducive to reading or writing a lot. Bought myself a nice Xmas present from Newegg though. Just waiting for it to get here :)