Howzit .Net

Hawk Haole

Reaction score
Howzit .Net . I wanted to introduce myself. I have lurked here for a while and finally got around to creating an account.
A little history. In moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago from Hawaii. Which is something that always seems to befuddle people. Well, my wife and I both spent our entire lives there. And it was a great place to grow up. I spent the first 37 years of my life in pursuit of surf, girls and pakalolo. It was a great 37 years. :D
Then I got married. And had kids. We now live in Bellevue so that my kids could get a good education and so my wife could have a better job. ( I am a stay at home Dad) One of my best friends gave me a parting bit of advice and that was, 'If you want to have any friends up there you better get into football'. The reason he told me that is because up till that point I hated football. I mocked my football loving friends. 'Why do you let yourself get twisted into knots about a team 5000 miles away in a city you've never even visited?' If you live in Hawaii you spend all your free time in the ocean. There's a dozen different ways to have the time of your life in the ocean. Super Bowl Sunday was always a great day to go surfing because there was no one out.
Anyways, here I am in the beautiful Northwest and I love living here. My friend Downtown Joe took me to my first NFL game at the Clink and I was hooked. It reminded me of big concerts thatI had gone to when I was younger. Just an awesome feeling of unity and shared purpose and excitement....you guys know what I mean.
I feel very fortunate to have become aware when I did. What an exciting time for football here in Seattle. It must really be something for you old time fans. I'm a convert. I tape all the games and watch them multiple times. I go to as many games as I can. I got my Seahawks gear that I wear with pride. ( My wife got me the most unreal Seahawks coat for Christmas last year). And the best part? My friend who gave me the advice is a San Diego fan and I mock him unmercifully.
I will be going to the game Sunday night sitting in section 130 with my 13 year old daughter who 'Loves football but doesn't understand it' screaming our heads off.
Also, I would like to say thanks to the .Net family for all the great football stuff i have learned here.

GO HAWKS!!

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawks.net,,,what a great story.

Hope your friend in San Diego is dying to trade teams with you.

:les:

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I thought you were trying to promote a new website or something at first

Welcome to the NW my friend :2: , we are happy to have you (especially since you are a Seahawks fan now!)

:thirishdrinkers:

12HawkFan

Reaction score
You will be sitting in my section, good choice!

Say hi to Joe and welcome to .NET and the madhouse.

GO HAWKS!!!

Barthawk

Reaction score
Seahawks are ono cuz.. you go seahawks game right brah.. hopefully seahawks buss them niners in da face..

my best attempt at pigeon.. some onolicious grinds at the stadium too.. (not) Spent 8 years on Oahu (95-03).. my kids were 1/2 local by the time we left.. wanted spam/eggs/rice at McDs for the first couple months after we left..

welcome and have fun at the game

Blitzfan

Reaction score
E komo mai 'ohana! My wife told me to write that. I have no idea what it means, but sounds cool.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
You still use tape? (jk).

Welcome. Your transformation is complete and your acceptance into the collective is approved.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawk Haole":h205toiu said:
Howzit .Net . I wanted to introduce myself. I have lurked here for a while and finally got around to creating an account.
A little history. In moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago from Hawaii. Which is something that always seems to befuddle people. Well, my wife and I both spent our entire lives there. And it was a great place to grow up. I spent the first 37 years of my life in pursuit of surf, girls and pakalolo. It was a great 37 years. :D
Then I got married. And had kids. We now live in Bellevue so that my kids could get a good education and so my wife could have a better job. ( I am a stay at home Dad) One of my best friends gave me a parting bit of advice and that was, 'If you want to have any friends up there you better get into football'. The reason he told me that is because up till that point I hated football. I mocked my football loving friends. 'Why do you let yourself get twisted into knots about a team 5000 miles away in a city you've never even visited?' If you live in Hawaii you spend all your free time in the ocean. There's a dozen different ways to have the time of your life in the ocean. Super Bowl Sunday was always a great day to go surfing because there was no one out.
Anyways, here I am in the beautiful Northwest and I love living here. My friend Downtown Joe took me to my first NFL game at the Clink and I was hooked. It reminded me of big concerts thatI had gone to when I was younger. Just an awesome feeling of unity and shared purpose and excitement....you guys know what I mean.
I feel very fortunate to have become aware when I did. What an exciting time for football here in Seattle. It must really be something for you old time fans. I'm a convert. I tape all the games and watch them multiple times. I go to as many games as I can. I got my Seahawks gear that I wear with pride. ( My wife got me the most unreal Seahawks coat for Christmas last year). And the best part? My friend who gave me the advice is a San Diego fan and I mock him unmercifully.
I will be going to the game Sunday night sitting in section 130 with my 13 year old daughter who 'Loves football but doesn't understand it' screaming our heads off.
Also, I would like to say thanks to the .Net family for all the great football stuff i have learned here.

GO HAWKS!!

Hey braddah, like myself, you're living the best of both worlds. I've been in the islands for the past 30 years and reading your passions, we've probably bumped into each other at one point or another, lol. As you know, the 5-0 is polluted by SF fans. You will be missed. ;)

BLITZFAN: Your wife knows her stuff, her invitation is even spelled correctly. E Komo Mai means welcome, Ohana means family. = welcome to the family. She a local girl?

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Aye, she spent her first 32 years there. She drops Pidgin on me quite often, I can understand that a bit better than the Hawaiian...but I am tryin :)

Riley12

Reaction score
Welcome!

Hop on over to 133 to meet a couple of us .netters in person. I'm in 133 Row T, seats 15 and 16. I'll be with my daughter (LOVES football)
that day too. I can also point you in the direction of LudwigsDrummer, just a few rows back.

I'm also heading into the stadium early to hang out over the tunnel and try and get Sherman to sign my daughter's jersey. If you
see a guy waving a #25 jersey around, just call out "Garth!".

HawkWow

Reaction score
Blitzfan":39wvwc8l said:
Aye, she spent her first 32 years there. She drops Pidgin on me quite often, I can understand that a bit better than the Hawaiian...but I am tryin :)

She will tell you to pronounce every vowel. In doing so, you will do well. ;) MANY locals go back and forth from here to the NW / Alaska. Oh, and Vegas, LOL. What island is she from (if you don't mind me asking)?

Latest posts