This dude is impressive (NFL-related)

kidhawk

Reaction score
So you say the Jets are trying him out? Is he going to be their starting QB next year?

razor150

Reaction score
Pretty cool, but can he do it with somebody running straight at him or when the game is on the line?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
razor150":2y28tf14 said:
Pretty cool, but can he do it with somebody running straight at him or when the game is on the line?

Yeah you never know. It is a highlight reel. I'm no kicker aficionado but I did some kicking back in the day. He does get good lift on his longer kicks which is the biggest thing. A good amount of kickers can kick from long range if they line drive it, but the key is not to get the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage or take to long in the approach. He seems to have a reasonably short approach (40 yards and less), his longer kicks he seems to take a longer approach but he does get good lift. Bonus: it looks like he can punt it 60 yards over the uprights.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
SEC FAN":3fgb7wld said:
razor150":3fgb7wld said:

Yeah you never know. It is a highlight reel. I'm no kicker aficionado but I did some kicking back in the day. He does get good lift on his longer kicks which is the biggest thing. A good amount of kickers can kick from long range if they line drive it, but the key is not to get the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage or take to long in the approach. He seems to have a reasonably short approach (40 yards and less), his longer kicks he seems to take a longer approach but he does get good lift. Bonus: it looks like he can punt it 60 yards over the uprights.

This.

As far as if he can do this in game situation, I think it is more likely that he could than could not. Kicking in games is a huge mental stress that affects your kick more than your physical abilities.

The guy, in one continuous shot, hits 60, 50, 40 yard field goals that are almost identical to each other in placement and lift. You have this guy doing formal practices for 2-3 weeks and he's hitting 50 yarders in games pretty consistently, I bet.

Just got to get him focusing on kicking and doing what he knows he can do, rather than worrying about 300 pound beasts running at him and you have a ballin kicker.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Heard this guy got signed by the Detroit Lions to a one year deal...sounds like a put him in camp and see what he can do deal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1lgyb9w7 said:
Would be a cool story if he makes it.

They have to, at the very least, try a couple freaky on side attempts this pre season right?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, but can he make an extra point with 70,000 people watching and 11 dudes trying to block it, when he only has one take? I kind of doubt it.

bigcc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":cck8g3u2 said:
Yea, but can he make an extra point with 70,000 people watching and 11 dudes trying to block it, when he only has one take? I kind of doubt it.

an extra point?

MrCarey

Reaction score
Yeah, but you aren't allowed to kick the ball to your receivers.

jack_patera

Reaction score
looks cool and all but could he come through say, in the swirly pittsburgh winds...or on the road with 60,000 screaming 'miss it!'...or in the 4th qtr with game on the line and eleven monsters rushing at him...but it is a cool highlight reel...