Poinsettia Bowl

SEC FAN

Reaction score
What can I say, I'm a football junky. I didn't plan on watching Bowls until the Vegas Bowl but this game is on. Hope I'm not alone. Lets discuss. ESPN.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
You have internet. Try thefirstrow.eu and check American football. I don't want to give a direct link or I may get in trouble. Hope that helps.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yes, which is why I find it so funny that Notre Dame beat them by a whopping 13-6. Remember how I said if BYU had a QB they'd have won that game? I wasn't kidding. Their offense sucks so bad, and put up 6. If they had me playing QB they would have scored at least 14. Haha.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
San Jose doesn't seem that good. BYU just seems that bad on offense. Good call Shark and SeaTown.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dayam, Ansah is a monster, and my dream draft pick. Who is ±#3, dude is tearing it up on D also. Those 2 feed off of each other.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Too bad for BYU defense, that QB for BYU is awful. San Jose isn't doin anything special on defense.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
And the BYU QB throws a 5 yard route on a 3rd and 10. I mean not only was it incomplete but it was a horizontal route that had no first round opportunity.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Jesus this is painful to watch. C'mon BYU you have to have a better option then this guy at QB! Even if he completed that pass it was still short of a TD.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You can see my thoughts on Van Noy in the thread where I was hyping Ansah. Van Noy is a beast. He's not going pro this year though. He's still only 20 I think. He enrolled early and such. Good kid, incredible athlete, and will be a dominant player. I think he will either need to bulk up to play LB in the NFL, or slim down very slightly and make the move to safety. He reminds me a lot of Kam. He plays the same position where Urlacher was used in college (Mendenhall was Urlacher's DC in college and created the position for Urlacher's unique skills, most notably his blazing speed, which sounds funny now, but he was EXACTLY like Van Noy when he was young).

Ansah is the real deal. Too bad I don't get to see any of the game. Being stuck in mom's basement means no ESPN and the slowest internet connection on earth. I haven't missed seeing a BYU game in probably 25 years. Now I missed a bowl game. Sucks. Thanks for the updates though. Gamecast doesn't give a feel for what's happening.

And BYU has ZERO option at QB. The QB who they depended on is a Washington kid who was the #1 QB in the nation named Jake Heaps. He got his feelings hurt last year and transferred to Kansas prior to this season. Then they got a kid named Taysom Hill who transferred from Stanford and was going to be Andrew Luck's successor. He blew out his knee though early in the season on a stupid play they ran when he should have been kneeling on the ball. OC ruined the team's season. Taysom Hill is the real deal though. Heaps was darn good as well. BYU got stuck with a guy who is really a safety in Riley Nelson playing QB and he's awful, and Lark has played one game in his whole college career and it was against New Mexico State a few weeks ago. He's a 5th year season with 7 quarters of experience. BYU's coaches were pretty well screwed once Hill went down, and having no backup plan was too bad, but Heaps leaving left them in a seriously bad spot. He was going to be the 4 year starter and was angry that he got benched for a game and stopped practicing and said he was out of here. Really too bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hoffman missed 2 catches, 1st would have been a td but he did get interfered with. 2nd he tippedmto an int. Unfortunate deal.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Nice run. Seriously though a missed extra point. I can't watch this. A missed extra point did me in. Done.