Heath Evans on Kaepernuts biggest weakness

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... o-your-job

If you dont want to watch the video, Heath basically shows that Colin only looks at one receiver the entire time. he knows who hes throwing the ball to before the ball is snap. He literally doesnt take his eyes away from the guy hes throwing to. I think Early Thomas will exploit this and get his self atleast 2 interceptions.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Let's be realistic now. Even I can admit Kap is really good and this game worries me.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• he was throwing some accurate passes for the most part, But he tells you were he is throwing it.
    Hes not like Matt Hasslebeck who will lie to you with his eyes and throw it some where else.
    Earl Thomas is really going to have to step it up this game.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• heath evans is right but GOD he is annoying. that was hard to watch.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• Let's just say, if we can shut down the running game....the odds are in our favor. If they "gash" us up the middle like last time...we'z in deep sh*t!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I have been saying this for weeks, and the Niner fans won't hear it. It isn't an insult, it's legit, we saw it with TJ last year sometimes. the big but is this: He has a cannon for an arm that will help him get away with this weakness quite a bit.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• EARLY!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• If Klapernick looks down VD or Crabstree we will have a field day with puns
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• NFL Turning Point showed a replay of his TD to the backup TE. He looked at 3 different parts of the field and hit his third read. Not going to put too much stock into claims of locking in on his WRs. Seems to be working for him so far.

NFLN must have twisted his arm for Evans to rip into Brady. Or is Brees his more favored guy?
    Last edited by drdiags on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• IDC. Just win baby.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

• Pass rush is key, if you give any QB time, they will make plays with their legs or by throws. Watch the Rams how they played, fast and lots of complex packages, I am not worried about the run game, I think we will be prepared to neutralize the run with better gap coverage. I think they will try to exploit Lane or whoever will take BB place, they will run cross routes from one side of the field to another, but if we can get pass rush and not allow the play to develop, QB loses rhythm, and once the rhythm is not there, the throws are not accurate. I know it is easier said than done. As far as offense goes, they will game plan for Tate and Baldwin more than Sydney. They know Sydney is not 100 percent, so he won't be in any packages that include trick places of the flea ficker were Tate was involved in the Bills game. You can't take everyone out of the game, so if you have to prioritize, you would not invest resources on someone who does not practice until Friday.

Doug Baldwin, Tate, Zach Miller and Anthony Mccoy in that order. Based on their pass rush, they may already know that the TE's will be used for extra protection. Then ofcourse Lynch and the read option. OK, Seahawks is complicated to cover, this really will be an exciting game for sure!
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• Andy Dalton with more athetlicism isn't a bad comparison to Kaepernick's NFL start. Give him a lot of time and he'll check a 2nd read, but on most plays he might as well be wearing a neck brace. I don't see this as a rip on Kaepernick though. He probably progressed through more reads in the Patriots game than a lot of rookies would in their first season. He may not do it often, but occasionally is impressive when compared to almost never.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I'm inclined to believe this could be a big weakness as Vernon Davis has basically turned into 2011 Zack Miller.
    4 receptions for 29 yards in his last 4 games
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Heath Evans knows less about football than my 7 year old niece.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• heath evans needs to take his band wagon jumpin a** somewhere else with this crap... all of a sudden he's a hawk fan, where at the beginning of the season, he was calling us pretenders... not buyin that koolaid.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:Let's be realistic now. Even I can admit Kap is really good and this game worries me.

Very much so. Need to beat him up early.
    CornerHawk
    NET Rookie

• Lets hope we have the DBs healthy/not suspended to shut down whoever that one WR he is looking at is.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

If you dont want to watch the video, Heath basically shows that Colin only looks at one receiver the entire time. he knows who hes throwing the ball to before the ball is snap. He literally doesnt take his eyes away from the guy hes throwing to. I think Early Thomas will exploit this and get his self atleast 2 interceptions.

Heath must not have watched SNF then, cause Kaepernick looked off the safety multiple times during that game for big plays.

The valid criticism on Kaepernick is that he's so in love with his big arm that he tries to rifle balls into tight coverage, or he throws the pass too hard and doesn't put enough touch on it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Heath Evans the night before said that if Dallas and Seattle met in the playoffs that Dallas would win! Why, "if Rob Ryan has 7 days to prepare for Seattle" it's basically no contest. Dear Heath did you forget about Week 2 when the amazing Rob had 10 days to prepare.
    gabel
    NET Practice Squad

• We owned the Cowpokes in the first game, and we'll take 'em to the woodshed even on the road. Doesn't matter, Washington will be taking that division.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• gabel wrote:Heath Evans the night before said that if Dallas and Seattle met in the playoffs that Dallas would win! Why, "if Rob Ryan has 7 days to prepare for Seattle" it's basically no contest. Dear Heath did you forget about Week 2 when the amazing Rob had 10 days to prepare.

Yep - laughed out loud at that. Dallas got smoked by the early season version of our offense, imagine what we would do to them now...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Axx wrote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

Heath must not have watched SNF then, cause Kaepernick looked off the safety multiple times during that game for big plays.

The valid criticism on Kaepernick is that he's so in love with his big arm that he tries to rifle balls into tight coverage, or he throws the pass too hard and doesn't put enough touch on it.

I don't want to get all technical here, but looking off safeties is not making multiple reads. Tarvaris looked off safeties. In fact, looking off safeties IS making one read most of the time. The much talked about Delanie Walker TD is exactly that. It is a lookoff, then a two tiered read, but Walker on 37 was the pre snap read.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Axx wrote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

I don't want to get all technical here, but looking off safeties is not making multiple reads. Tarvaris looked off safeties. In fact, looking off safeties IS making one read most of the time. The much talked about Delanie Walker TD is exactly that. It is a lookoff, then a two tiered read, but Walker on 37 was the pre snap read.

Evan's wasn't talking about progressions, he was talking about Kaepernick's supposed habit of only looking at one receiver (OP's statement). So looking off safeties would be to the contrary of that..........thus my post. I never used the words "multiple reads." So not sure why you took it as such.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Funny Evans said that considering Football Night in America had a short segment on how Kap does well going through his progressions.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

• Axx wrote:I think Earl Thomas will exploit this and get his self at least 2 dropped interceptions.

Fixed.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• really?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Even if he is telegraphing his passes occasionaly, Mojo said it above, the dude throws ropes and that lets him get away with it. Gotta hand it to Kap, he's got one of the tighter spirals I've been seeing. He throws a very catchable ball.
    hawks509
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cutler was making one read passes to Marshall all game long. When you have that arm, you can get a way with a little more. If you are accurate.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Heath is a douche...

But the best analogy regarding Kap is the young bull and old bull

He's the young bull trying to throw Tds every play

When it's better sometimes to walk down and score

(Meaning...just deflate the D with ball control and keep them on the field)

For those that dot know

Young bull says to dad looking at field of cows..hey dad lets run down and eff one of those cows

Dad. Says no...lets walk down and eff them all
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• Axx wrote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

Typical 9er hater answer... Kaep's Game winning TD to Crabtree in the 4th @ NE was his 3rd progression... im sure its easy to look at one or two plays that shows he starred down a WR but i cant also pull out just as many clips of him going thru 3 or 4 reads and throwing a TD pass.. SEE the Bears MNF Game TD to Crabtree in the back of the endzone...
    VaSfan4life
    NET Practice Squad

• The Pats D is a joke compared to what the Whiners will see on Sunday night.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• VaSfan4life wrote:

Typical 9er hater answer... Kaep's Game winning TD to Crabtree in the 4th @ NE was his 3rd progression... im sure its easy to look at one or two plays that shows he starred down a WR but i cant also pull out just as many clips of him going thru 3 or 4 reads and throwing a TD pass.. SEE the Bears MNF Game TD to Crabtree in the back of the endzone...

I heard jim's presser too. Crabs was his third option on the play, not his third progression. There is a difference. It was a 6 man blitz, he went to Crabs right away, and TD. It was a good decision, but watch the play again. He made the read that Crabs was single covered before hte snap and made the right play.

There wasn't time to make that many reads on that play. Not every criticism of Kaepernick is hate, you know. He threw a touchdown on the play, third option or not.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• kearly wrote:Andy Dalton with more athetlicism isn't a bad comparison to Kaepernick's NFL start. Give him a lot of time and he'll check a 2nd read, but on most plays he might as well be wearing a neck brace. I don'tsee this as a rip on Kaepernick though. He probably progressed through more reads in the Patriots game than a lot of rookies would in their first season,. He may not do it often, but occasionally is impressive when compared to almost never.

Kaepernick isn't a rookie.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• kearly wrote: He probably progressed through more reads in the Patriots game than a lot of rookies would in their first season. He may not do it often, but occasionally is impressive when compared to almost never.

Very Good Point. Maybe the reason why he was able to look to the next read was because of the not so great coverage by NE? Too many open spots to pick from?
    Waiting to place an order for Seahulk arms.
    JrockRichards
    NET Bench Warmer

• Scottemojo wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

wrong! and lol
    Walker has even said it an interview since, he has never had the ball thrown to him in the previous times we ran that play this season, geez, were do you make this stuff up from? he is the last read on that play as he should be.
    I have heard that from a few other receivers on our team since Kap took over, V Davis said it a couple of games ago about a play he caught a pass on over the middle, he said we run that play all the time and that A Smith had never thrown him the ball and the pass almost surprised him to the point he nearly didnt get his hands up in time.

But who cares...he is completing 66+ percent of his passes and averaging well over 8 yds a pass...were good.
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter

• SoulfishHawk wrote:The Pats D is a joke compared to what the Whiners will see on Sunday night.

The Bills D is a joke compared to what the Seahags will see on Sunday night.

see, everyone can do it :P
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter

• Fair enough. Both of these Defenses are solid, both teams are among the best in the league. Should be a great game that could go either way. I may be a homer, but I know how good the Niners are. I just don't think they walk on water like their fans and media do :)
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information