Greg Jennings won't take frinchise tag

Carmon1274

Reaction score
SharkHawk":33bc98ec said:
Tavon Austin. He's a playmaker. Faster than heck, great hands. Just because he's small doesn't mean he has to be a "slot guy". He can outrun anybody in the NFL I think. I'd draft him before signing an older receiver.

Sounds like Mike Wallace but Veteran. Would rather sign a WR in FA instead of using draft picks on D.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings would be awesome, but the thing is, they are going to try look for the teams that pays a lot of $$$$$$$$$$.

Like Vincent Jacksons deal this season in FA. 5 years for 55mill.

Welker would be old, and I dont really have faith in Bowe.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We can get a young Greg Jennings by drafting DeAndre Hopkins or Markus Wheaton.

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":2yrpcqzq said:
you guys are crazy. jennings would instantly be our best receiver.
Anybody get offended when I said "you guys are crazy"? If so I apologize. If you are one of those guys substitute "crazy" for "silly" because I meant it in a friendly manner. It is sort of difficult to change the tone of a word on the internet.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":724vhcg6 said:
We can get a young Greg Jennings by drafting DeAndre Hopkins or Markus Wheaton.

After watching some highlight vids with OP I gotta say that I think DeAndre Hopkins is more like Julio Jones than Greg Jennings, but I totally agree with the comparison for Markus Wheaton. Still though, with the restructured rookie contracts, especially if the Hawks wait till a latter round to grab a WR, I think the Hawks would be able to afford Jennings; maybe.

I get that he is older than Pete Carroll likes, he's 30 and will be 31 before the season starts, but Jennings still has something left in the tank. A lot of his lack of production since returning from injury has come about because of the emergence of Randal Cobb more so than any fall off in Jennings' abilities.

On the injury front he is not all that injury prone, last year he had a hamstring issue, but a lot of big name receivers also had an issue with hamstrings last year *cough*Andre Johnson/ Miles Austin/ Julio Jones*cough* And this year the groin injury that kept him out so long really wasn't completely due to the injury itself, but rather that the surgery had to be postponed because of Hurricane Sandy (Doctor and facilities were located on East Coast), and also because the injury was initially misdiagnosed by the Packers' training staff.

Through six years with the Packers Jennings has never started less than 11 games in a season (Rookie year), and has played in 13 or more games every year with the exclusion of this year. In the 3 year stretch (08-10) that he played in all 16 games he averaged 1223.3 receiving yards, 8 TD's, and 75 catches through that three year span. And posted averages of 16.2, 16.4, and 16.6 yards per catch respectively. Also that three year span was book ended by two 13 games played, and started, season in which he posted yardage in the mid 900 range. [all stats taken from his player page on: http://www.nfl.com/player/gregjennings/2495867/profile.

Personally I think that the Seahawks WR core would greatly benefit from the ability to pick Jennings' brain, the guy is one of the most intelligent receivers I've seen play the game. Plus as a Packer fan, I'd just love to be able to head over to CenturyLink on Sundays to see one of my favorite players from the last decade play. This year has by far been his worst year for Jennings, and if you look at his career numbers is basically a statistical anomaly, please don't judge his ability solely on this year's production.

PS, if you guys manage to grab Tavon Austin, wow. That's all I got to say about that kid.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
This isn't how Schneider does things. If he was a young talent he would get a competitive offer like Schneider made to Brandon Marshall. I figured by now some fans would understand how we build this team. Jennings will make big money on some lesser team trying to recreate his prime.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
I'd avoid Jennings and Welker not that they aren't good but, that there getting older and beat up. they seem very system oriented as well especially Welker take him out of that offense and I think he becomes less of a factor on another team, not bad mind you just not as great. Jennings i'd avoid altogether because I think he'll want a lot of money. At that high of a price i'd rather see Bowe or Wallace because of youth alone but talent would be close to if not on the same level as Jennings as well. Drafting seems like a more likely route in terms of the teams philosophy.

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
SEC FAN":37gsjo2a said:
This isn't how Schneider does things. If he was a young talent he would get a competitive offer like Schneider made to Brandon Marshall. I figured by now some fans would understand how we build this team. Jennings will make big money on some lesser team trying to recreate his prime.

Seahawks do bring in some vets through FA from time to time. Most of them just haven't worked out. [e.g. Terrell Owens (age 39), Braylon Edwards (Age 29), and Kellen Winslow Jr. (Age 29) just to name a few recent ones off the top of my head].