2012 vs 2005

Which season had you more pumped at Wk 16?

Votes: 53 49.1%

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Other (if there was another feel free to post it)

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this alot lately. I am really pumped about this team, and I'm definitely more excited about what the future years hold, but when I compare how I felt about the 2005 season at this point and how I feel about this 2012 season right this moment, I still say I was more pumped about 2005, it was just an amazing time to be a Seahawk fan. What say you?

Pstark3

Reaction score
It's tough but I have a feeling 2013 is gonna blow both seasons waaaay out of the water.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I was more pumped in 05 but I like this team/management better. I think we have more upside than ever before but that 05 season was the tops for me. I may change my mind in a few weeks though.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am really pumped this year but I have to go with 2005. We had won 10 in a row at that point and were the #1 seed. This year is great, but I'm not sure it tops that scenario.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am more exited about the future of this team but at this point it's kinda hard to top 2005.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong, but Week 16 we were playing the undefeated Colts at Qwest where everybody thought was going to be The Super Bowl matchup. Colts had everything locked up, thus played their starters like a half and we won (I think we would have won that game regardless.

2012 imo is a better team overall playing against the Division leading 49ers on SNF two days before Christmas.

This is a really tough call for me.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
We were the number 1 seed at that point in 2005 and I was excited beyond belief. Right now is great, but 2005 was on another level for me based on the standings.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Before the start of the 2005 season I was telling anyone that would listen that 05 was going to be special, even had couple debate/arguments about it. I get a feeling I will feel this way next year but not quite as much just yet.
As for being pumped for the future, we had just brought in a new high profile GM that brought in Joe Jur in the off season, drafted Tatupu, Hill and a first round center to replace the 37 year old (still great but aging) Tobeck. Tubbs finally got over the injury bug, big Walt was locked up long term, we were in negotiations with Hutch and had tons of cap room to make it happen.
Alexander was league MVP and Hasselbeck was an all pro.

What could possibly go wrong?

grizbob

Reaction score
Had to go with 2012 as I was recovering from a stroke week 16 2005. Priorities got a major make over that year. :34853_tinfoil:

hawker84

Reaction score
had we be going into sundays game with SF full strength, i would probably have voted for 2012... but since we're not 05. either way both years it was fun to be a hawk fan.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawker84":1d4q1jy4 said:
had we be going into sundays game with SF full strength, i would probably have voted for 2012... but since we're not 05. either way both years it was fun to be a hawk fan.

Sure we're a little banged up right now, but who isnt this late in the season. Seahawks have great depth plus the 12th Man is the ultimate equalizer. We're actually pretty healthy as whole right now though.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I voted 2005 because that seemed like a destiny year. I thought we had multiple factors hitting at just the right time to make that year special, and I thought that it was going to be one of those "everything came together" scenarios.

This year doesn't feel quite as exciting for me because it's a little different. I feel like this team can compete with and beat anyone, but I don't get the same "we WILL beat everyone" vibe I got in 2005. That said, I get the sense that this team will be a SB contender for the several years whereas I didn't have that feeling about the 2005 team, due to some of the more glaring flaws the team had and the ages of its stars.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
2012 for me, mostly because of our youth. 2005 was great but with so many aging vets that year you knew it may the only chance.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The only real aging vet was Tobeck and we drafted Spencer with our first pick, who at the time we were all excited about. Myself and everyone I knew were talking about a possible dynasty.

Hind sight is great but if you ignore all the events that derailed the 05 team, we had every reason to believe a dynasty was possible. Unfortunately the 05 draft and FA was the only one for Ruskell and pretty much everything he touched turned into but nuggets but we didn't know that until later.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This season has been great fun and the future looks super duper bright. But 12-2 > 9-5. That offense was a well oiled machine and was truly something to behold.

So as of right now 05 > 12 but that could most definitely change before the year is up.

Barthawk

Reaction score
2005 week 16 was a nationally televised game vs the other best team in the NFL, the Colts. It was a match up of a 13-1 vs 12-2... we had to win the game to cement the #1 seed..

I was not at the game but it was also the game where SA tied the NFL TD record late in the 4th Q..

The game was overshadowed by the unfortunate death of Tony Dungy's son earlier that week and the fact that Manning only played a little into the 2nd Q. Blocked FG and TDs on the first drives.. great game

2005 is the best season ever for a Hawks fan.. the only thing close to awesomeness of that season was the Tate catch..

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3h2mt5wm said:
The only real aging vet was Tobeck and we drafted Spencer with our first pick, who at the time we were all excited about. Myself and everyone I knew were talking about a possible dynasty.

Hind sight is great but if you ignore all the events that derailed the 05 team, we had every reason to believe a dynasty was possible. Unfortunately the 05 draft and FA was the only one for Ruskell and pretty much everything he touched turned into but nuggets but we didn't know that until later.

Even going on your scenario, we were looking at 2-4 years the way that team was built. This team, I believe we are looking at 8-10 years of success. Of course the future holds the unknown and things can change, but we have so many young stars that I get a stronger feeling for longer term success, but I still had more of an excitement about the current year success at this time in 2005

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":29nr1ilg said:

What? Gray, Tobeck, Big Walt, Engram, Strong, and Hasselbeck were all on the wrong side of 30. Jurevicius - who was a key addition - was over 30. Alexander, who was outstanding, was creeping up on the age when RBs traditionally decline. That was a massive percentage of the team's offense - which was obviously its dominant unit - starting to hit ages where injuries and ineffectiveness really start to show.

Our defense was younger, but made up of a lot of FAs and nowhere near as effective as the offense. It was opportunistic, but still susceptible (only finished 16th in the league in yards allowed).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2005 was a magic carpet ride. The story of this season has yet to be written but it has potential.