Heath Evans on Kaepernuts biggest weakness

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
gabel":sqsufoto said:
Heath Evans the night before said that if Dallas and Seattle met in the playoffs that Dallas would win! Why, "if Rob Ryan has 7 days to prepare for Seattle" it's basically no contest. Dear Heath did you forget about Week 2 when the amazing Rob had 10 days to prepare.

Yep - laughed out loud at that. Dallas got smoked by the early season version of our offense, imagine what we would do to them now...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6crilqub said:
Axx":6crilqub said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

If you dont want to watch the video, Heath basically shows that Colin only looks at one receiver the entire time. he knows who hes throwing the ball to before the ball is snap. He literally doesnt take his eyes away from the guy hes throwing to. I think Early Thomas will exploit this and get his self atleast 2 interceptions.

Heath must not have watched SNF then, cause Kaepernick looked off the safety multiple times during that game for big plays.

The valid criticism on Kaepernick is that he's so in love with his big arm that he tries to rifle balls into tight coverage, or he throws the pass too hard and doesn't put enough touch on it.
I don't want to get all technical here, but looking off safeties is not making multiple reads. Tarvaris looked off safeties. In fact, looking off safeties IS making one read most of the time. The much talked about Delanie Walker TD is exactly that. It is a lookoff, then a two tiered read, but Walker on 37 was the pre snap read.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":lfo2niuc said:
Sgt. Largent":lfo2niuc said:
Axx":lfo2niuc said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000114012/Week-16-Do-your-job

If you dont want to watch the video, Heath basically shows that Colin only looks at one receiver the entire time. he knows who hes throwing the ball to before the ball is snap. He literally doesnt take his eyes away from the guy hes throwing to. I think Early Thomas will exploit this and get his self atleast 2 interceptions.

Heath must not have watched SNF then, cause Kaepernick looked off the safety multiple times during that game for big plays.

The valid criticism on Kaepernick is that he's so in love with his big arm that he tries to rifle balls into tight coverage, or he throws the pass too hard and doesn't put enough touch on it.
I don't want to get all technical here, but looking off safeties is not making multiple reads. Tarvaris looked off safeties. In fact, looking off safeties IS making one read most of the time. The much talked about Delanie Walker TD is exactly that. It is a lookoff, then a two tiered read, but Walker on 37 was the pre snap read.

Evan's wasn't talking about progressions, he was talking about Kaepernick's supposed habit of only looking at one receiver (OP's statement). So looking off safeties would be to the contrary of that..........thus my post. I never used the words "multiple reads." So not sure why you took it as such.

NorCal

Reaction score
Funny Evans said that considering Football Night in America had a short segment on how Kap does well going through his progressions.

hawks509

Reaction score
Even if he is telegraphing his passes occasionaly, Mojo said it above, the dude throws ropes and that lets him get away with it. Gotta hand it to Kap, he's got one of the tighter spirals I've been seeing. He throws a very catchable ball.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cutler was making one read passes to Marshall all game long. When you have that arm, you can get a way with a little more. If you are accurate.

zayden185

Reaction score
Heath is a douche...

But the best analogy regarding Kap is the young bull and old bull

He's the young bull trying to throw Tds every play

When it's better sometimes to walk down and score

(Meaning...just deflate the D with ball control and keep them on the field)

For those that dot know

Young bull says to dad looking at field of cows..hey dad lets run down and eff one of those cows

Dad. Says no...lets walk down and eff them all

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
Axx":jps73fkj said:

Typical 9er hater answer... Kaep's Game winning TD to Crabtree in the 4th @ NE was his 3rd progression... im sure its easy to look at one or two plays that shows he starred down a WR but i cant also pull out just as many clips of him going thru 3 or 4 reads and throwing a TD pass.. SEE the Bears MNF Game TD to Crabtree in the back of the endzone...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
VaSfan4life":3i9gb9pk said:
Axx":3i9gb9pk said:

Typical 9er hater answer... Kaep's Game winning TD to Crabtree in the 4th @ NE was his 3rd progression... im sure its easy to look at one or two plays that shows he starred down a WR but i cant also pull out just as many clips of him going thru 3 or 4 reads and throwing a TD pass.. SEE the Bears MNF Game TD to Crabtree in the back of the endzone...
I heard jim's presser too. Crabs was his third option on the play, not his third progression. There is a difference. It was a 6 man blitz, he went to Crabs right away, and TD. It was a good decision, but watch the play again. He made the read that Crabs was single covered before hte snap and made the right play.

There wasn't time to make that many reads on that play. Not every criticism of Kaepernick is hate, you know. He threw a touchdown on the play, third option or not.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
kearly":32674pmb said:
Andy Dalton with more athetlicism isn't a bad comparison to Kaepernick's NFL start. Give him a lot of time and he'll check a 2nd read, but on most plays he might as well be wearing a neck brace. I don'tsee this as a rip on Kaepernick though. He probably progressed through more reads in the Patriots game than a lot of rookies would in their first season,. He may not do it often, but occasionally is impressive when compared to almost never.

Kaepernick isn't a rookie.

JrockRichards

Reaction score
kearly":1umdf8d5 said:
He probably progressed through more reads in the Patriots game than a lot of rookies would in their first season. He may not do it often, but occasionally is impressive when compared to almost never.

Very Good Point. Maybe the reason why he was able to look to the next read was because of the not so great coverage by NE? Too many open spots to pick from?

Ninerguy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9nh1ezea said:
Sgt. Largent":9nh1ezea said:
Axx":9nh1ezea said:

wrong! and lol
Walker has even said it an interview since, he has never had the ball thrown to him in the previous times we ran that play this season, geez, were do you make this stuff up from? he is the last read on that play as he should be.
I have heard that from a few other receivers on our team since Kap took over, V Davis said it a couple of games ago about a play he caught a pass on over the middle, he said we run that play all the time and that A Smith had never thrown him the ball and the pass almost surprised him to the point he nearly didnt get his hands up in time.

But who cares...he is completing 66+ percent of his passes and averaging well over 8 yds a pass...were good.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ywteu4m said:
The Pats D is a joke compared to what the Whiners will see on Sunday night.

The Bills D is a joke compared to what the Seahags will see on Sunday night.

see, everyone can do it :p

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Both of these Defenses are solid, both teams are among the best in the league. Should be a great game that could go either way. I may be a homer, but I know how good the Niners are. I just don't think they walk on water like their fans and media do :)