So how did we overlook Russell Wilson so much? (article)

Galen96

Reaction score
jeez, reading that article just gave me the weird feeling someone is going to pick him before us.... then I realize that WE GOT HIM! Love this kid! It's the beginning of a legendary career.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am as impressed with him as a young man. He was raised well and it shows.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Galen96":33cg611e said:
jeez, reading that article just gave me the weird feeling someone is going to pick him before us.... then I realize that WE GOT HIM! Love this kid! It's the beginning of a legendary career.

I wonder if Pete ever wakes up at night in a cold sweat and thinks "My God, we passed over him twice. We could have lost him". I'm so glad we didn't lose him.

SE174

Reaction score
Wilson is changing minds, one week at a time. Just last week, NFL.com writer Gil Brandt had tabbed Luck as the OROY. That was last week...

» Last week, I wrote that Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck should be the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, but after watching Seattle Seahawks signal-caller Russell Wilson continue to improve, I'd like to change my vote (as I'm entitled to do). The more I see of Wilson, the more I like him; he's like a golfer who shoots 100 one week, 90 the next and 80 the week after that. At this point, I'd give the award to Wilson over Luck.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... se-in-2013

aawolf

Reaction score
I know this is "just another Russel Wilson thread". But, I just wanted to stop in and say that I've been obsessed with him since his days at NC State...Not it the creepy, stalkish, kind of way, but just as a huge fan of his. I've never followed a team soley because of one player, but this year, I've made it a point to catch every Seahawks game that I could, just so I can see him play. I live on the East Coast, and that is not easy. I even joined this message board, just to see what you fans are saying about him, and to start a thread after the draft congratulating you on drafting a franchise QB; now I check this site every day to read articles about him.

When he was with NC State, my alma mater, no player ever impressed me as much as he did. Our great first round picks from the past decade--Phillip Rivers and Mario Williams, didn't impress me nearly as much as Russel, who often took the team on his back with focus, poise, and grace. Also what got to me while he played at NC State was his faith, that you all don't talk about much, but which was always a priority for him. He used to wear scripture references on his uniform--like Phillipians 3:15, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." This is before Tebow made the Christian athelete thing cool.

I have never been a Seahawks fan before this season, but now I follow the Seahawks now as my favorite team. Move over, Panthers (which is my hometown team, and I'd been going to 3 games a year). All because of Russel Wilson. He will no doubt win the Seahawks more fans similar to me by the time he's done. He's my favorite athelete of all time, hands down. I feel blessed just being around to watch him play.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Great read. Anybody hear Howie Long on the halftime show the other night? His kids played against Wilson in High School. And he was saying he was doing the same things back then; whooping up on them every time they played! This (Russell Wilson's story) is, among other things a true motivational tool for every other kid out there who wanted to be somebody and was shunned due to a physical "handicap" of some kind! If I were his manager I would have him booked at every lecture I could in the off season! Squeaky Wheel indeed!

Wilson will go down as the greatest Draft day bargain of all time! And he is the franchise quarterback that Seahawks fans have been waiting a lifetime for! :179422:

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
aawolf":geip3pn1 said:
I have never been a Seahawks fan before this season, but now I follow the Seahawks now as my favorite team. Move over, Panthers (which is my hometown team, and I'd been going to 3 games a year). All because of Russel Wilson. He will no doubt win the Seahawks more fans similar to me by the time he's done. He's my favorite athelete of all time, hands down. I feel blessed just being around to watch him play.

Welcome Aawolf! You won't be disappointed!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2i9kargx said:
Great read. Anybody hear Howie Long on the halftime show the other night? His kids played against Wilson in High School. And he was saying he was doing the same things back then; whooping up on them every time they played! This (Russell Wilson's story) is, among other things a true motivational tool for every other kid out there who wanted to be somebody and was shunned due to a physical "handicap" of some kind! If I were his manager I would have him booked at every lecture I could in the off season! Squeaky Wheel indeed!

Wilson will go down as the greatest Draft day bargain of all time! And he is the franchise quarterback that Seahawks fans have been waiting a lifetime for! :179422:

Go Hawks!
Kind of hard to top Tom Brady as the greatest draft day bargain

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Mandu":1iq5xwnf said:
Galen96":1iq5xwnf said:

I wonder if Pete ever wakes up at night in a cold sweat and thinks "My God, we passed over him twice. We could have lost him". I'm so glad we didn't lose him.

He was gone a pick or two later...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2fecn5o0 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2fecn5o0 said:

Go Hawks!

Time will tell.

Just for fun anybody got a comparison of Tom Brady's first season Stats VS Russell Wilson's?

SE174

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1328i2pi said:
-The Glove-":1328i2pi said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1328i2pi said:

Go Hawks!

Time will tell.

Just for fun anybody got a comparison of Tom Brady's first season Stats VS Russell Wilson's?

Russell's better.

Brady: 15 games - 264/416 - 63.9% - 2,843 - 6.88ypa - 18tds/12ints - 9 fumbles - 86.5 rating
Wilson: 14 games - 222/353 - 62.9% - 2,697 - 7.64ypa - 21tds/9ints - 3 fumbles - 95.5 rating

mikeak

Reaction score
NOTE: This was Brady's SECOND season in the league. He probably hardly had any snaps with first team that first year but he was part of the organization and had ample time to study playbook and watch the team. Bledsoe got injured early that second season (didn't realize it was just one game in) and Brady had to fill in

grizrgood

Reaction score
Mandu":dixmx7mk said:
Galen96":dixmx7mk said:

I was thinking the same thing! Very happy to have him and look forward to a bright future with us and lots of W's!!