Sanchez being shopped....

AZHawkfan

Reaction score
Apparently Sanchez is being shopped by the Jets, and maybe I am insane but I can see the Hawks inquiring about a trade. I am sure NY would be interested in Flynn and having Sanchez back with Carol as Wilson's backup might make a lot of sense.....I know we wouldn't do a straight up trade of Flynn for Sanchez but maybe the Jets include draft picks etc....?? Seems like a win/win for both teams if we can a descent draft pick. What are the your guy's thoughts of having Sanchez as our 2nd stringer next season and possibly picking up some draft picks?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's put him up for auction.

I'll bid Tarvaris Jackson's old hand towel.

Anybody want to outbid me? Going once...

dutchcoug

Reaction score
No, we don't need an expensive back up. We aren't going to get much back for Flynn, I would see a 5th at best. Us trading Flynn is more so to free up money to secure our young talent for the future. In the offseason we will either sign a cheap vet or draft QB depth.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, it's not like Sanchez just signed a rather large extension and is a terrible bust of a QB. What could possibly go wrong? I mean, it's not like people think we're already overpaying our backup QB.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Why does every single noteworthy player in the league get a post like this in here when he goes on the trade block? Sanchez is awful, and Carroll having been his USC coach isn't going to change that.

OP
OP
AZHawkfan

AZHawkfan

Reaction score
Jets need a QB and nobody in the league is going to give Sanshez a starting position. If they gave us a good enough draft pick to package with the trade it would make sense to me. Sanchez was not terrible his first couple years, and we could do a lot worse for a backup, I think he would be just fine in the right system.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'd offer Flynn for Sanchez and their first round pick.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I disagree with the statement 'we could do a lot worse for our backup QB.' Sanchez is one of the worst QBs in the NFL, and if the point of a backup QB is to be able to win a game they start, then there's no reason to even consider having Sanchez.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":1nv1exj5 said:
I disagree with the statement 'we could do a lot worse for our backup QB.' Sanchez is one of the worst QBs in the NFL, and if the point of a backup QB is to be able to win a game they start, then there's no reason to even consider having Sanchez.

Oh no, we could do worse than Sanchez....we could get Tebow

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Are we really desperate? Have you not watched Sanchez play? Sanchez is really awful.

jkitsune

Reaction score
kidhawk":29fj622o said:
jkitsune":29fj622o said:

Oh no, we could do worse than Sanchez....we could get Tebow

I'm not convinced that would be worse at this point.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":27xybcro said:
My best guess, he ends up in KC competing for a job.

Interesting idea I hadn't thought of, but 17 millions over the next two years.....I think KC drafts matt or geno.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AZHawkfan":1tjo369p said:
Apparently Sanchez is being shopped by the Jets, and maybe I am insane but I can see the Hawks inquiring about a trade. I am sure NY would be interested in Flynn and having Sanchez back with Carol as Wilson's backup might make a lot of sense.....I know we wouldn't do a straight up trade of Flynn for Sanchez but maybe the Jets include draft picks etc....?? Seems like a win/win for both teams if we can a descent draft pick. What are the your guy's thoughts of having Sanchez as our 2nd stringer next season and possibly picking up some draft picks?
Hell to the NO on Sanchez! The guy sucks!

NWCheeseHead

Reaction score
Obviously the bloated contract the Jets signed him to is more than likely going to keep some teams away. But who in their right mind would give this guy a job after seeing the last two years unfold the way they did?

I think IF he is moved at all it will be the Jets outright cutting him out of frustration after shopping him around to no avail, and just eating the cap hit.