Lets Be Extra Clear...

skater18000

Reaction score
WIN...

We become a top 3 team... 1. Broncos 2. Falcons 3. Seahawks 4. 49ers/Patriots/Texans...

We will be the hottest team going into the playoffs from the NFC...

.NET will be :0190l: for a while...

LOSE...

We are a 10 - 6 wildcard team...

Be the little brother to the 49ers...

Will have little or no flame going into the postseason...

So what do you say!!! let's go kick the 49ers to the curb and be the winners in the west!!! (.NET pep talk...)

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":t0e5o34d said:
No way do we get ranked above the 49ers even if we beat them sunday

Isn't that the point of beating someone? So the 49ers beat the patriots... oh #1 here you go.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
skater18000":1ibokho6 said:
Jake Hawks":1ibokho6 said:

Isn't that the point of beating someone? So the 49ers beat the patriots... oh #1 here you go.
You would think.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My preseason prediction for this year's team was 10-6. I was an optimistic, happy-as-a-clam little lad when I made that prediction.

Now, if we go 10-6 I will be nothing more than a middle-aged, bald reprobate who is nothing but PISSED!

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
As an lsu fan I can tell you NOTHING is worse then little brother syndrome. LSU has had one of the hottest teams the past 2 seasons...youd think it'd be great. But no theres a rain cloud called Alabama that has taken all the attention. If the Seahawks dont beat the niners.. they'll just be a team that had a hot streak living in the shadow of division rival big brother niners who come along to keep little brother in check.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1um8oj88 said:
As an lsu fan I can tell you NOTHING is worse then little brother syndrome. LSU has had one of the hottest teams the past 2 seasons...youd think it'd be great. But no theres a rain cloud called Alabama that has taken all the attention. If the Seahawks dont beat the niners.. they'll just be a team that had a hot streak living in the shadow of division rival big brother niners who come along to keep little brother in check.

Yep.

blue 22

Reaction score
Even if we beat them I still think the niners will be ahead in power rankings along with the patriots along with whoever... Its okay... they will become believers come playoff time.

BASF

Reaction score
If we lose this weekend, I am hoping for the opportunity to get a little retribution '83 Raiders style, but in our favor.

manders2600

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":205v5rte said:
skater18000":205v5rte said:
Jake Hawks":205v5rte said:

You would think.
To be fair, beating San Francisco would split the series (each team having beat the other at home), and if they had the better win/loss record, wouldn't they be logically ranked higher?

hawker84

Reaction score
bragging rights and a guarenteed playoff berth is all i care about... power rankings mean nothing at this point.. beat your division rivals, get to the dance..

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":1clulgit said:

Uh you're joking right?

If we win (and it will be a close game) and assume everybody else in the Top 5 wins it will be imo

1. DEN
2. NE
3. ATL
4. SEA
5. SF or HOU

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
for .net I would say:

Win, :0190l:

but lose and you will see multiple threads about Pete should be fired and Bevell is an idiot. :34853_doh:

chawx

Reaction score
If my prediction in Aros' prediction thread is right, we'll no doubt be in the top 3, if not the top spot... 52-20 victory + hurting Kapernuts and forcing them to play a downtrodden QB in Smith. First team ever to score 50+ in 3 straight games...oh yeah. #1 indeed.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Not sure how we're considered the little brother in this situation...

NFC West Titles last 10 years:
Rams... 1
49ers... 2
Cards... 2
Hawks... 5

I think we're simply taking back what is rightfully ours... maybe not this year, but we're poised for another multi-year run...

60niners

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":8bhymyf2 said:
Not sure how we're considered the little brother in this situation...

NFC West Titles last 10 years:
Rams... 1
49ers... 2
Cards... 2
Hawks... 5

I think we're simply taking back what is rightfully ours... maybe not this year, but we're poised for another multi-year run...
Oh dear.

You all came to the NFC West after realignment at the perfect time, while the Rams were coming down from the greatest show in turf and the Niners era of dominance was all but over. The Cards have historically been awful so there's that.

On the topic of power rankings, I see some rankings out there this week that have the Packers over the Niners.... I can't even see how that would be realistic, seeing as how SF already won that game.

In summation, power rankings are whack.