If Sherman is out........

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
If maxwell and lane are staring at corner, and we have some practice squad corner on the slot receiver, how successful do you think we will be against moss and Crabtree? It might become a shoot out, but the whole game will be riding on the success of our offense.

cacksman

Reaction score
He won't be out. If suspended it will most likely start next week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The NFL almost always suspends players at the beginning of the week, so that teams can plan for his replacement and give the replacement some reps with the first team unit in practice. It's very unlikely Sherman will miss this Sunday's game if his appeal is denied on Friday. If the NFL does do that, though...I will be calling some MAJOR BS on that. It would reek of actively trying to screw the Seahawks.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The weird thing is that those who are reporting on this say that he'll be out for the 49ers game.. SO who knows how that will play out. Sherman being out would certainly be a blow to the defense.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
He plays. If they decided Friday that he was going to be penalized, he'd start the suspension on Tuesday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think Sherman will likely lose his appeal. But with this game in front of a national audience, fetaturing two of the league's best teams, I also think Roger understands brand. It's in the league's best interest for both teams to be as competetive as possible, so Sherman will likely begin his sentence after our thrilling victory.

I have no idea how this works within the org, but I hope both he and Browner are held accountable for their actions. Aside from the loss of game checks, their current contract terms should automatically be extended for another 5 years.

I wish. ;)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The question is, does Harbaugh game plan for a Browner and Sherman less secondary? If so they may try to throw a bit more to test the replacements. Harbaugh cried like a chick about how physical these two were in the first game. Yes I'd love to have them both for this game but I have to think Pete has a plan for this?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am not worried if Sherman plays or not, I know he is really good, but anyone who is in place will step up, thats how Pete has build this team. It also opens up opportunities to the next man up. I mean, it is sad, but Seahawks as a team is not dependent on one or two guys, now if RW is not playing I would be more worried, but our defensive unit is great as a team. The whole team is fast and understands different complex packages. I am more concerned about scheming, 49ers always have something new that they don't show all year when they play the Seahawks, I think our defense has matured enough to overcome that now, otherwise the 50+ points would not have happened.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
Am I being crazy or does it seem from my untrained eye that Sherman has dropped off a little since the aderrall incident...

Pstark3

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bykmqws said:
The NFL almost always suspends players at the beginning of the week, so that teams can plan for his replacement and give the replacement some reps with the first team unit in practice. It's very unlikely Sherman will miss this Sunday's game if his appeal is denied on Friday. If the NFL does do that, though...I will be calling some MAJOR BS on that. It would reek of actively trying to screw the Seahawks.
So in other words, expect it?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's hard not to assume that they'll break the "norm" and just suspend him right away, this IS the Hawks we're talking about here. But, I would think that he'll be out for the Rams game and playoffs. Browner taking his lumps and being ready for the playoffs is HUGE.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10aol2g0 said:

i agree on the major BS part.. but it's not the NFL screwing us, it's sherman and browner..