12 Flag on SNF

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: 12 Flag on SNF
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm
  • Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm
  • I'm no hip hop fan, but he lived in Olympia while he was going to Evergreen State College and my niece knew him quite well. She says he's a good guy who is trying to do good things in the world. And --- he loves his town of Seattle and it's sports teams more than anything.

edited because I'm so frickin' old I said hip hop instead of rap ... which I also can do without.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm
  • i guess i have been living under a rock, because i have never heard of this guy until now... i am not a fan of rap/hip hop... but this is some seriously amazing musical artwork. Watching that tribute to Dave Niehaus, gave me chills and brings back so many childhood memories of that day and time watching the Mariners, after I would get home from my after school baseball practices... true artistic talent and i will cheer this guy on, and YELL for our Seahawks as he raises Seattle's 12th man flag !!
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm
  • Yeah I'm not trying to harp (yes I am) on this but I hung out w him a lot when he lived in Oly and he has done nothing but get more popular and rep the NW since then so I feel like this is the perfect person for this game
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:35 pm
  • skater18000 wrote:Rather have Aaron Curry!!! Afterall he saved us from the Mark Sanchez ERA... thank you Aaron Curry...

This made me laugh!
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm
  • Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 27a9dc6ff8

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.
    Psychobabbler
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm
  • Psychobabbler wrote:Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm
  • dunceface wrote:If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.

Who's this post referring to?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm
  • Are you guys speculating that it might be Macklemore or has it been reported? Any former great Hawk is cool with me, I don't have anything against Mack but I'd rather the flag bearer be a big name to get the crowd pumped.

I'd love for Shaun Alexander to raise the flag, it's a shame that his career with us ended the way it did.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm
  • The Presidents Of The United States Of America. LUMP the Whiners!!!!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm
  • Great for Mack!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    dunceface wrote:If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.

Who's this post referring to?

Not you...just stupid heads!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 pm
  • Macklemore raising the flag would be about as exciting as the old Jazzersize ladies doing halftime.

Lame.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 pm
  • My vote: Jerry Rice

That would be epic :49ersmall:
    King Dog
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Macklemore raising the flag would be about as exciting as the old Jazzersize ladies doing halftime.

Lame.

INCORRECT
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm
  • I get why some people want Macklemore, he isn't a terrible rapper and its nice that he "reps" Seattle and all that.

Honestly, I just want a Seahawk to raise the flag Sunday night. Having a rising star rapper is "neat", but, is this a game for "neat"? Is the crowd going to pop for this guy? Some might, yeah, but is everyone. They need to hit a home run with it Sunday night. Macklemore isn't a home run, he's a double in the gap.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm
  • Heart just made it into the Rock n Roll HOF. Just sayin.
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm
  • King Dog wrote:My vote: Jerry Rice

oh jeeeze, wouldn't that be something.... of epic disaster in so many ways
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 pm
  • Slick wrote:Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:
    King Dog wrote:My vote: Jerry Rice

oh jeeeze, wouldn't that be something.... of epic disaster in so many ways

Can you imagine Jerry strutting out in a Hawks jersey? 49ers fans would lose it. Lol
    King Dog
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm
  • If you want a former 49er/Seahawk then I pick Ricky Watters. He'd be absolutely perfect. If the fans can't get up for Ricky who speaks of himself in the third person and was the hardest playing Seahawk maybe ever, then they won't get excited for anything.

My second choice would be Chad Brown. That SOB played his butt off every single down. He's a legend that seems to have been forgotten. Walk him out there in his old jersey and see the fans go nuts. Ricky or Chad. Either way... you can't lose.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm
  • I absolutely love the idea of Ricky Watters. Nothing but respect the hell out of that guy.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 am
  • Chad Brown, hell no. Hes on the radio here in Denver and any chance he gets he SMASHES the Seahawk organization. He was a Colorado Buffalo and Pittsburgh Stealer and thats it. His time in Seattle was a JOKE to him and he lets everyone in Denver know it. I liked Chad before I heard him on the radio here, now...not so much. Check him out afternoons on Denver ESPN radio.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 am
  • Dang theres been some really petty argueing on this board today, I think some of us are stressed for the holidays, I know I am. Lets try n be easy and all get along. We all are 12s and are here for the same reason.
    Peace/
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 am
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Psychobabbler wrote:Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.

Maybe.. it was terrible timing.. MNF the week after losing to his beloved Browns.. I was severely disappointed in the choice for a MNF game.. Sounders had not even played a game yet and he was raising the flag.. Carey was not a good choice at that time.. now, maybe but not Nov 2007

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 am
  • seahawk2k wrote:I absolutely love the idea of Ricky Watters. Nothing but respect the hell out of that guy.

Watters has already done it..

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/12th-ma ... isers.html

Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Slick wrote:Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.

Slick- the term is "couldn't care less".. if you are inferring that you have total apathy towards the flag raising experience

Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Slick wrote:Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Until then, Peace.

Yeah, in retrospect it was a bitter post. I already voiced my opinion in the Shack on this. Should have left it there.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am
  • Macklemore is a perfect choice in my opinion. He embodies what seattle is. All of his videos and music have seattle references and show the good sides of seattle. He is a long time fan of seattle teams and seems like a great guy. I have never heard of him till now and dont really listen to this kind of music but like others have said his "my oh my" tribute song gives you chills and memories. He is doing great things for seattle and his song is our touchdown music. He is not a guy rapping about random cars, money, girls. He is trying to help make a difference with his music.
    preston547
    NET Bench Warmer

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information