12 Flag on SNF

dunceface

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2a618oew said:
dunceface":2a618oew said:
If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.
Who's this post referring to?

Not you...just stupid heads!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I get why some people want Macklemore, he isn't a terrible rapper and its nice that he "reps" Seattle and all that.

Honestly, I just want a Seahawk to raise the flag Sunday night. Having a rising star rapper is "neat", but, is this a game for "neat"? Is the crowd going to pop for this guy? Some might, yeah, but is everyone. They need to hit a home run with it Sunday night. Macklemore isn't a home run, he's a double in the gap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Slick":7dnrfj7n said:
Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.

King Dog

Reaction score
djTOY2000":3q12qqp8 said:
King Dog":3q12qqp8 said:
My vote: Jerry Rice

That would be epic :49ersmall:

oh jeeeze, wouldn't that be something.... of epic disaster in so many ways

Can you imagine Jerry strutting out in a Hawks jersey? 49ers fans would lose it. Lol

SharkHawk

Reaction score
If you want a former 49er/Seahawk then I pick Ricky Watters. He'd be absolutely perfect. If the fans can't get up for Ricky who speaks of himself in the third person and was the hardest playing Seahawk maybe ever, then they won't get excited for anything.

My second choice would be Chad Brown. That SOB played his butt off every single down. He's a legend that seems to have been forgotten. Walk him out there in his old jersey and see the fans go nuts. Ricky or Chad. Either way... you can't lose.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I absolutely love the idea of Ricky Watters. Nothing but respect the hell out of that guy.

largenutz

Reaction score
Chad Brown, hell no. Hes on the radio here in Denver and any chance he gets he SMASHES the Seahawk organization. He was a Colorado Buffalo and Pittsburgh Stealer and thats it. His time in Seattle was a JOKE to him and he lets everyone in Denver know it. I liked Chad before I heard him on the radio here, now...not so much. Check him out afternoons on Denver ESPN radio.

largenutz

Reaction score
Dang theres been some really petty argueing on this board today, I think some of us are stressed for the holidays, I know I am. Lets try n be easy and all get along. We all are 12s and are here for the same reason.
Peace/

Barthawk

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":nc1g4w1q said:
Psychobabbler":nc1g4w1q said:
Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 27a9dc6ff8

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.

Maybe.. it was terrible timing.. MNF the week after losing to his beloved Browns.. I was severely disappointed in the choice for a MNF game.. Sounders had not even played a game yet and he was raising the flag.. Carey was not a good choice at that time.. now, maybe but not Nov 2007

Barthawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1b3k8m3f said:
Slick":1b3k8m3f said:
Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.

Slick- the term is "couldn't care less".. if you are inferring that you have total apathy towards the flag raising experience

Slick

Reaction score
Scottemojo":cp7pl4ff said:
Slick":cp7pl4ff said:

Until then, Peace.

Yeah, in retrospect it was a bitter post. I already voiced my opinion in the Shack on this. Should have left it there.

preston547

Reaction score
Macklemore is a perfect choice in my opinion. He embodies what seattle is. All of his videos and music have seattle references and show the good sides of seattle. He is a long time fan of seattle teams and seems like a great guy. I have never heard of him till now and dont really listen to this kind of music but like others have said his "my oh my" tribute song gives you chills and memories. He is doing great things for seattle and his song is our touchdown music. He is not a guy rapping about random cars, money, girls. He is trying to help make a difference with his music.