12 Flag on SNF

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
RockHawk":36w9aqf0 said:
Oh, and you seriously said Ken Griffey JR?!? Seriously? The guy that rode through town and waved goodbye to Seattle with a middle finger and fist full of cash, only to return for his swan song and make everything ok again? What's next, Alex Rodriguez to raise it? Screw that. Compare them to Gary Payton or Walter Jones, who lives, loves, and breathes Seattle and Seattle sports.

Ken Griffey Jr can go to hell and raise their flag. I don't want him anywhere near my 12th man material. /Rant again

I can't believe I just read this on a Seattle sports forum. How can anyone not appreciate what Griffey Jr. brought to the realm of Seattle sports? An icon. He's a legend, one of the greatest ballplayers I've ever seen, and a truly wonderful person. He built the Seattle Mariners, made them exciting.

Plus, as it has been pointed out, Griffey left to be closer to home. He certainly doesn't deserve to be reviled for that decision.

dunceface

Reaction score
Macklemore isn't just a rapper he is a local voice that is huge on an international level and he uses his exposure to talk about serious subjects that most musicians wouldn't even attempt to breach because try font have the mental capacity.
He is a great artist who genuinely puts his heart into his music and is incredibly popular and I couldn't be more proud to have him raise the flag on Sunday, and if you don't like it go punch yourself in the dick.

USChawk

Reaction score
and if you don't like it go punch yourself in the dick.

LOL

RockHawk

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":3jd952bh said:
How can anyone not appreciate what Griffey Jr. brought to the realm of Seattle sports? An icon. He's a legend, one of the greatest ballplayers I've ever seen, and a truly wonderful person. He built the Seattle Mariners, made them exciting.

Plus, as it has been pointed out, Griffey left to be closer to home. He certainly doesn't deserve to be reviled for that decision.

Completely agree, so my point about extreme sides of an argument seems to have been effective. :thirishdrinkers:

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahawks average 58 points when Jon Kitna raises the flag. Invite him back.

I'm not biased.

dunceface

Reaction score
minormillikin":3f1vyb8a said:
Seahawks average 58 points when Jon Kitna raises the flag. Invite him back.

I'm not biased.

Seems legit...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dunceface":2bpksm06 said:
Macklemore isn't just a rapper he is a local voice that is huge on an international level and he uses his exposure to talk about serious subjects that most musicians wouldn't even attempt to breach because try font have the mental capacity.
He is a great artist who genuinely puts his heart into his music and is incredibly popular and I couldn't be more proud to have him raise the flag on Sunday, and if you don't like it go punch yourself in the dick.

I'm sold on Mack raising the flag...good job, sir. His music is OK, but you're right, he represents what the 12th man embodies.

dunceface

Reaction score
If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.

Slick

Reaction score
Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
I'm no hip hop fan, but he lived in Olympia while he was going to Evergreen State College and my niece knew him quite well. She says he's a good guy who is trying to do good things in the world. And --- he loves his town of Seattle and it's sports teams more than anything.

edited because I'm so frickin' old I said hip hop instead of rap ... which I also can do without.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i guess i have been living under a rock, because i have never heard of this guy until now... i am not a fan of rap/hip hop... but this is some seriously amazing musical artwork. Watching that tribute to Dave Niehaus, gave me chills and brings back so many childhood memories of that day and time watching the Mariners, after I would get home from my after school baseball practices... true artistic talent and i will cheer this guy on, and YELL for our Seahawks as he raises Seattle's 12th man flag !!

dunceface

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not trying to harp (yes I am) on this but I hung out w him a lot when he lived in Oly and he has done nothing but get more popular and rep the NW since then so I feel like this is the perfect person for this game

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Psychobabbler":19vp75re said:
Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 27a9dc6ff8

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dunceface":1gvfiuyl said:
If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.
Who's this post referring to?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Are you guys speculating that it might be Macklemore or has it been reported? Any former great Hawk is cool with me, I don't have anything against Mack but I'd rather the flag bearer be a big name to get the crowd pumped.

I'd love for Shaun Alexander to raise the flag, it's a shame that his career with us ended the way it did.