Football Outsiders Database

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Did the Seahawks' performance last Sunday against the Bills cause a meltdown of the Football Outsiders database? The website has been down all day, and I'm anticipating the Hawks to be ranked #1 for overall team efficiency.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w3cyd57 said:
I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.

I saw the new rankings before they crashed, we are still at #2. Our overall offense and defense dropped to #6 and #4 though, respectively.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, 17 points to the Bills was too much to give up. :( Hopefully our defense steps back up a bit, I have a bet riding with a Broncos friend that our defense would finish the year in the top 5 per Football Outsiders, and I do NOT want to have to pay him.

formido

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3rvt7e1p said:
Did the Seahawks' performance last Sunday against the Bills cause a meltdown of the Football Outsiders database? The website has been down all day, and I'm anticipating the Hawks to be ranked #1 for overall team efficiency.

Saw it last night. We closed the gap with NE, but they stayed ahead by a hair's breadth. Coming back in the second half against SF saved their bacon as far as DVOA.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To be fair, it was a pretty impressive comeback attempt. I still hate them for not pulling it off, though.

DAMN YOU, NEW ENGLAND!

Perfundle

Reaction score
hawksfan515":qsdfrixs said:
RolandDeschain":qsdfrixs said:

I saw the new rankings before they crashed, we are still at #2. Our overall offense and defense dropped to #6 and #4 though, respectively.
You've got those flipped. Offense rose to #4, defense dropped to #6, and special teams dropped to #4. Seattle is neck-and-neck with New England in weighted DVOA and weighted offensive DVOA.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Perfundle":m70ic3vi said:
hawksfan515":m70ic3vi said:
RolandDeschain":m70ic3vi said:

You've got those flipped. Offense rose to #4, defense dropped to #6, and special teams dropped to #4. Seattle is neck-and-neck with New England in weighted DVOA and weighted offensive DVOA.

That's what I meant! Damn typo's!! :229031_banghead: