Russell Wilson did NOT win Offensive Player of the Week.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Wasn't Russell Wilson the first rookie to rush for 3 tds and throw for 1 in a game since the 1950s? And that was all in the first half. I think I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

hawker84

Reaction score
he deserved it just as much i think.. better story.. fumbles were horrible, but he had some nice throws and runs for score.. who cares anyways, sunday's all i care about , then the playoffs and RW ROY... done deal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NorCal":thazozmq said:
Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

I'm not sure how impressive it is, really; when's the last time the Patriots had an elite defense? Even when their defense was good under Belichick, DBs were their biggest weakness. DB has been the biggest weakness on the entire Patriots team for most of Belichick's reign there. Don't get me wrong, 4 passing TDs is a good QB showing regardless, but it's not like it's a challenge to throw against the Patriots defense. Hasn't been for a long, long time. It also hasn't been a challenge to run against them most of Belichick's career there, either.

Also probably the worst showing by the Patriots in a half (first half) ever. I couldn't believe all the mistakes, as well as pieces of luck here and there for the 49ers, that contributed to the make-up of that first half.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2enda7h3 said:
NorCal":2enda7h3 said:
Third QB ever to throw for 4 TDs at Foxboro. The others are Brady and Manning. Sounds impressive to me.

I'm not sure how impressive it is, really; when's the last time the Patriots had an elite defense? Even when their defense was good under Belichick, DBs were their biggest weakness. DB has been the biggest weakness on the entire Patriots team for most of Belichick's reign there. Don't get me wrong, 4 passing TDs is a good QB showing regardless, but it's not like it's a challenge to throw against the Patriots defense. Hasn't been for a long, long time. It also hasn't been a challenge to run against them most of Belichick's career there, either.

Also probably the worst showing by the Patriots in a half (first half) ever. I couldn't believe all the mistakes, as well as pieces of luck here and there for the 49ers, that contributed to the make-up of that first half.

No doubt. For all that Belichick gets a lot of pub for being some defensive mastermind, his defenses usually suck arse. Sure he's a good coach, but a lot of his resume comes courtesy of Tom Brady (and Lawrence Taylor).

Shaz

Reaction score
Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shaz":22ngof8l said:
Kaep deserved it given the environment, how he performed and the team he was facing

Can't hate on that

You'd be singing a different tune if the 49ers were unlucky with the 4 Kaepernick fumbles, instead of lucky with them. If those had all gone to the Patriots instead?...lol.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Russell Wilson set records, so he probably should've been picked.

None the less, Kaepernick was only selected because of context, so ehh, what are you gonna do?

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13rqhfj7 said:
Shaz":13rqhfj7 said:

Can't hate on that

You'd be singing a different tune if the 49ers were unlucky with the 4 Kaepernick fumbles, instead of lucky with them. If those had all gone to the Patriots instead?...lol.

Yeah, Kap did good and really deserves some credit, but those fumbles were horrible. He got straight up lucky to not have 4 really bad give aways.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":2igzdvr7 said:
Yeah, Kap did good and really deserves some credit, but those fumbles were horrible. He got straight up lucky to not have 4 really bad give aways.

He also threw a few bad ducks that at least one of which would have been picked off by our secondary, too.

I think Kaepernick's going to get exposed this Sunday. If SF wins, it'll be because of the ground game. That is, assuming our 3rd-string CB plays well like he did last week. Missing Browner is definitely a concern.

bellingerga

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2stt2u1z said:
Kaepernick fumbles 4 times and the 49ers nearly blow a 31-3 lead to lose the game, but he's got player of the week.....bah.

exactly what I thought. Sorry but I just don't see Kaepernickle and company barely not losing, as very impressive.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
sammyc521":19e6a0ja said:
A win over the Pats is more impressive.

RW has been doing it all year though.

Pretty much how I feel. A win over the Pats is gonna catch more peoples eyes, and deservedly so, than a win over the Bills. But really both QBs played great in their respective games regardless.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22whzmxv said:
Shaz":22whzmxv said:

Can't hate on that

So should we also count terrible throws that are nearly picked out of a QBs rating?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3zn0d0tq said:
NorCal":3zn0d0tq said:

You're bashing the Patriots defense, when Wilson tore up the BILLS defense.

Both guys played great. The end.

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
NorCal":3elu5hpa said:

i'd say so but of course our friends here will overlook this lls

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zpe27n9p said:
NorCal":zpe27n9p said:

your kinda of making our point... if the Pats D is so terrible(and it is) then why doesn't everyone throw 4 TD's in foxboro... come on bro we can play this game all u want but we know what Kaep did in his 3rd road start against belichick on Sunday Night Football was impressive

Rainger

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2p650tze said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2p650tze said:
Colin Kaepernick did.

Discuss.

Kaepernick faced a tougher challenge, frankly, and he performed admirably. A good argument could have been made for either.

Let's hope Wilson sees this as another injustice and uses it to make Kaepernick's team pay this weekend.
He was also on national tv and we were in Canada

Shaz

Reaction score
I really don't understand why Kaep winning this is such a bad thing, he played a great game

Stop this crap, not every Seahawk is going to win every award

themunn

Reaction score
VaSfan4life":3mar8ovi said:
RolandDeschain":3mar8ovi said:
NorCal":3mar8ovi said:

your kinda of making our point... if the Pats D is so terrible(and it is) then why doesn't everyone throw 4 TD's in foxboro... come on bro we can play this game all u want but we know what Kaep did in his 3rd road start against belichick on Sunday Night Football was impressive

well seemingly every man and his dog can put up 108 points against the Cardinals and Bills