Football Outsiders Database

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Football Outsiders Database
Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 pm
  • Did the Seahawks' performance last Sunday against the Bills cause a meltdown of the Football Outsiders database? The website has been down all day, and I'm anticipating the Hawks to be ranked #1 for overall team efficiency.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Re: Football Outsiders Database
Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:24 pm
  • I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.

I saw the new rankings before they crashed, we are still at #2. Our overall offense and defense dropped to #6 and #4 though, respectively.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm
  • Yeah, 17 points to the Bills was too much to give up. :( Hopefully our defense steps back up a bit, I have a bet riding with a Broncos friend that our defense would finish the year in the top 5 per Football Outsiders, and I do NOT want to have to pay him.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:15 pm
  • 12thManHawkFan wrote:Did the Seahawks' performance last Sunday against the Bills cause a meltdown of the Football Outsiders database? The website has been down all day, and I'm anticipating the Hawks to be ranked #1 for overall team efficiency.

Saw it last night. We closed the gap with NE, but they stayed ahead by a hair's breadth. Coming back in the second half against SF saved their bacon as far as DVOA.
    formido
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 pm
  • To be fair, it was a pretty impressive comeback attempt. I still hate them for not pulling it off, though.

DAMN YOU, NEW ENGLAND!
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.

I saw the new rankings before they crashed, we are still at #2. Our overall offense and defense dropped to #6 and #4 though, respectively.

You've got those flipped. Offense rose to #4, defense dropped to #6, and special teams dropped to #4. Seattle is neck-and-neck with New England in weighted DVOA and weighted offensive DVOA.
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 pm
  • Perfundle wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm desperately waiting to find out, too. They just Tweeted a bit ago saying they were having problems bringing their main DB back online, and hope to have it done by 6pm PST tonight.

You've got those flipped. Offense rose to #4, defense dropped to #6, and special teams dropped to #4. Seattle is neck-and-neck with New England in weighted DVOA and weighted offensive DVOA.

That's what I meant! Damn typo's!! :229031_banghead:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information